Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi F2 Jungle Spice - Give Away Has Ended

I snipped off a popcorn bud from the bigger black domina plant this morning. Found 6/8 good looking, viable seeds.

I might chop them soon. Doesn’t seem like a whole lot is changing at this point.

17 Likes

Seed check update

In the above photo: JS #4 (left), JS #1 (right)

The JS#1 is a rarer pheno. It seems to be pushing out massive plump seeds. You can see how much bigger they are than the JS #4 seeds, which are a typical size. JS #1 is the squatty, fruity, floral pheno. The other 3 are all medium sized plants with pine and citrus smells.

In order of readiness:
JS #6 - pretty much ready, mostly mature seeds
JS #1 and JS #7 - could be ready, but might yield better if I wait a little more
JS #4 - not yet ready, probably will not yield enough viable seeds for everyone

16 Likes

Oh yeah!!! Gettin’ jiggy with it! Almost there.

5 Likes

Here’s the haul from the Deep Chunk x Jungle Spice crosses, dried and ready. I think there’s approx 2k seeds in those bottles by weight measure, so there should be plenty for everyone to get a 10pack. I’ve sifted through and removed a bunch of seeds that didn’t look viable. There might still be some in there though.

29 Likes

looking good! I know i’m late to the party, but thanks for doing this!

4 Likes

Jungle Spice F2 Pheno Guide

As promised, here’s a pheno review of the mothers.

JS #1

• The “rare” pheno ~15% frequency.
  • Short, compact plant, with dense growth.
  • Fruity and floral nose, less citrus and pine
  • Good resin output, extending deep onto sugar leaves
  • Lowest internode spacing
  • Lower calyx/leaf ratio than the “standard” phenos
  • XL sized seeds

JS #4

• Lowest scent
  • Average height
  • Most nutrient sensitivity
  • Average/high internode spacing for the strain
  • Average calyx/leaf ratio

JS #6

• Breeder’s choice! I would select this one above the other 4 for future projects.
  • Purple colors late in flower, probably cold response
  • Large size resin glands, producing a white bud appearance
  • Average size and internode spacing for the strain
  • Piney and citrusy, a little more citrus heavy
  • Earliest finisher
  • Average calyx/leaf ration for the strain

JS #7

• Most pine scent
  • Medium nutrient sensitivity
  • Likely the 2nd finisher
  • Slightly lower calyx/leaf ratio than #4 or #6, better than #1
  • Slightly shorter internodes than #4 or #6

BD #1

• A little purple showing up late flower
  • Floral and fresh scent soap smell
  • Lower height and yield than #2
  • Rock hard stalks
  • Low calyx/leaf ratio

BD #2

• The beast - huge colas, high output
  • Same floral, fresh scent soapy bouquet as #1
  • Rock hard stalks
  • Low calyx/leaf ratio

I’ll post final pictures of all the plants right before I chop them.

25 Likes

Those seeds look sweet. Love the tiger stripes, they’re definitely from the jungle!

Number 2 black domina is just an absolute monster, wow. Wanna mail me a clipping?

5 Likes

I didn’t take cuts of any of these, so I don’t have a mom to work from. :frowning:

The black domina plants are interesting though. The two phenos in the tent are very similar, with #2 being better in just about every way. However, I have another one running in a different tent that looks completely different. Smells of pepper, and very high calyx/leaf ratio, but not nearly as high yielding and with softer, less woody stems.

I have pictures of that one over in my Afghaniganza thread:

13 Likes

It’s a really nice strain. Who knows what kind of phenos might be lurking in the beans! I always found it too strong, if that’s a thing. It always made me super hungry and sleepy lol

8 Likes

Maybe the Jungle Spice will help even it out. JS tends to be a rather uplifting, euphoric strain.

10 Likes

Ya, it should be a dank combination for sure.

6 Likes

:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull: THIS IS THE WEEK. Dead plants coming soon. :skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

At some point this week, I’ll be chopping the JS plants to dry. I still have to make a decision on the Black Doms, as there’s still quite a few white pistils on big one. But if it looks like a good percentage of the seeds are matured, then I’ll knock down as well.

19 Likes

14 Likes

Damn man you are killing on this one! Put me in the I’m so excited group with @MomOnTheRun!

Thank you thank you thank you!

8 Likes

11 Likes

:sweat_smile: Doesn’t take a lot for this group, huh? I’m with the squirrel and the excited guy as well. Nice job bro!

7 Likes

You’ll notice a common theme among all the bodhi threads across all the boards…we’re all a little nuts :smiley:

10 Likes

JS6 Breeder’s Choice - Now Drying

BD 2 Fat, fat budz…

JS1 Fruity and Frosty

JS7 Loud Pine

Stripped most of the foliage off of everyone, and put JS6 into my drying room. I’ve turned off the feeds, and they will begin drying in the pots. Probably tomorrow or Sunday, they’ll be chopped and hung as well!

Each one is completely packed with seeds. I’m going to dry these all into oblivion, then start wrecking some budz.

22 Likes

Do you use any sort of powered seed cleaner? I made something like this to do the bulk cleaning work:

I didn’t do a great job with mine, but it works well enough to do about 80% of the work for me, which is nice. I just crumble the buds by hand and trickle it all into the machine, bag up the seeds, and make edible and stuff with the chaff.

11 Likes

Wow, they all look awesome. Well done!

What made #6 the choice specimen?

4 Likes