Seed Run Co-Op Bodhi Preservation Project In-house Special

Someone needs to figure out who gets what free beans once a strain is f2d.
IE. if I f2 skunk 91 who gets free beans? Then am i entitled to free beans of all f2s made by others?

I see this being a gian clusterfunk.
I wont send any beans to anyone until a system is unanimously agreed upon.
Thanks

8 Likes

couldnā€™t have said it any better :slight_smile:
I think this project should absolutely and exclusively stick to preserving lines that are no longer available for sale. systems will need to be created to handle the logistics and specifics. The scope of this project needs to be reigned in asap.

7 Likes

OMG guys fuck it, are we running f2s or emotions? I have put in a bunch of hours and time collaborating this project, IF YOU DONā€™T WANT TO DONATE DONT! I am so sick of this shit people, I didnā€™t make you offer anything. . . Iā€™m about to close this thread and you all can run your own f2s, itā€™s been less than a week since this thread went up.THIS IS STILL IN THE WORKS! Iā€™ve told yā€™all this is not my thread this is eberybodies. . ā€¦ mistichaze thread has been up longer than this one, why am I hearing shit about running genetics other than bodhis now? Did I start another seed run thread that isnā€™t about preserving rare genetics? NO, I didnt. . . That is a whole other project RAN BY @mistichaze. . .which if he doesnā€™t start stepping up and handling it, ill be out on that one too. . . I AM OVERLOADED GUYS and FUCKING IRRITATED, donā€™t take it personal and just accept my venting and we can actually start to try to get this shit situated. . .I appreciate all of your input I really do , but damn donā€™t jump down my throat about something that hasnā€™t even happened. . .THANK YOU AND SORRY my bipolar is running rampant today

8 Likes

Thanks @Worcestershire_Farms for the gracious words. I heard Bodhi on Adam Dunnā€™s show a couple of years back saying he was keeping over 200 mothers at the time. All I could think is damn that boy must not get out muchā€¦

As a ā€œcuratorā€ of classic strains myself, I am in favor of preserving rare older strains with proven quality and character. More than half my line consists of such heirloom strains, Sweet Tooth 4 being the latest example.

But I would draw the line at ā€œrareā€ - as in otherwise scarce or unavailable commercially, ā€œprovenā€ as in widely grown and confirmed as high quality, and ā€œcharacterā€ as in being truly unique in some way. Thereā€™s a fine line between ā€œsavingā€ a strain that canā€™t be acquired otherwise, and knocking off another breederā€™s work because you donā€™t want to pay for it.

I price Fleur du Malā€™s line so that almost anyone can afford them. For those who canā€™t, we offer the Breeder Mixes at a dollar per seed. For those med patients who just canā€™t even afford that, we do whatever is needed to make sure they have access to meds. I helped found the original Overgrow to serve Prop 215 patients and it is still the primary reason I remain active in this community.

If Bodhi or any other breeder announces that s/he is abandoning a strain that meets the above criteria, Iā€™d say a preservation project is warranted. Short of that, Iā€™d suggest leaving it to the breeder, or at least engaging the breederā€™s participation in any projects. The results will likely be better, as the breeder will have the plant knowledge and source genetics to steer the project towards its goal. All breeding, even preservation-focused line breeding, requires an eye for selection. Pollen-chucking an F2 generation is only the beginning.

The next generation of Generals Daughter is in the flower room as we speak.

-b420

19 Likes

Hey @Hoodini I thought it was all pretty simple as per the Bodhi proliferation thread, wanna preserve, awesome, donā€™t, thatā€™s awesome too, it sounds like everyone benefits so I must be missing something.

6 Likes

The bodhi bonanza is my baby dude, I wouldnā€™t have gone thru this much effort if I was 100% all in towards the peservation of discontinued genetics, but the GD and Herijuana f2 ran by @MisticHaze has nothing to do with this thread, but it doesnā€™t mean I wasnā€™t will to help him out. . .you guys have gotten way off topic as far as Bodhis work goes, and itā€™s gotten me way off topic, the end results are for everybody not just me or a select few. . . And I want to make it every clear now, YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT IN. . . Meaning those of you that are donators and breeders will get first pick of any and all f2s ran though out this MAJOR project, even the ones we will still be working on next year, all the supporters get 2nd pick . .if you already have f1s and can run them, PLEASE do. My job is to find the discontinued lines that people are willing to donate to this cause and I place them with a trusted breeder so that they can be ran and distributed, and imo thatā€™s already more than 1 person can handle but guess what Iā€™m still here and Iā€™m doing my best guys, please give me a little more time to get all the kinks worked out before posting on here about an opinion without giving me an idea to go along with your opinion. . . Please donā€™t let that stop you from sharing your opinion but please donā€™t get mad if I donā€™t take it into account without the idea to back it

5 Likes

And with @Baudelaire post i will make the executive desicion and say no running of anything other than bodhis work on this thread from here on out, sorry @MisticHaze but Iā€™ve got to focus on this project now that we have heard from a legend on the proper ā€œgeneticā€ etiquette, @Craigson15 please pm me so we can work this out

6 Likes

Looks like tranquil elephantizer and the remix, along with dream beaver will be the next 3 f2 threads to be started. . . DONORS that have any of the 3 strains please come forward, either on here or pm, I will place you with a trusted breeder and a leader, thank you guys sorry for my previous rantings, I need everyoneā€™s help on this

4 Likes

@Baudelaire always amazed at your humility in answering. With you itā€™s not about pride or nothing like that at all. Always about the weed. Thanks kind sir.

@oleskool830 i sent you a half pack of Generalā€™s Daughter, 6 seeds in total. Along with the Chemdawg, Pure Kush and Big Hero from Pedro.

Sci :robot:

10 Likes

Damn, youā€™re right! Now imma have to meet him and apologize. :grin:

4 Likes

I vote Dream Beaver as well! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

You are correct sir. Thank you. Love and respect :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I am proud to grow the Generalā€™s Daughter! You are an inspiration sir. Iā€™ll be ordering lights for my 4X4 soon. Respect. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Damn man I canā€™t keep up with this thread! Yā€™all need to slow this mofo down! Lol

7 Likes

I think the Tranquil Elephantizer seed choice was for the original OR the remix, depending on what was available, rather than running both. Out of curiosity are both available for the project?

3 Likes

Lol sorry i say that earlier and was too busy to correct it. . . It will be tranquil elephantizer , and godhead, thatā€™s all I have donated at the moment, but those will take me i little while to get set up. . .
ANYONE ELSE WILLING TO COME FORWARD AND DONATE? please and thank you

5 Likes

Looks like rollitup here I come. . .Hoodini out

1 Like

Damn really? 20 more characters

4 Likes

What in the hell is going on hereā€¦?

4 Likes

:confused:

:astonished: :hushed: :family_men_girl: :speaking_head: :slight_frown:

:hand_splayed:
:eye:
:ear:

:two_men_holding_hands::herb::seedling::couple::two_men_holding_hands::herb::seedling:

:+1:

:evergreen_tree: :hear_no_evil: :roller_coaster:

4 Likes