Seed Run Co-op: Bodhi's Cheech Wizard **Closed**

Beautiful man @50State

6 Likes

Sorry to not have spoken much. I have sent out many more seeds than I asked for or received so no I am not here to collect and not give. Quite the opposite.

7 Likes

I remember Tom Hill saying he never culled plants the first time around, not even hermies. He talked about how he lost 2 exceptional expressions of his haze by culling “weaker” plants early on.

And an example from personal experience: when I f2’d a pack couple years ago I excluded a male and a female from the open pollination. This female looked and smelled weird, grew slow and I could never keep her happy. Turned out she was the keeper, I had a clone of her and 2 males so I did a 2nd batch of seeds. Now the f2s are somewhat incomplete, I will never know what I lost…heh

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and methods about our favorite plants mr nube

Cheers

13 Likes

Thank you for all of your time and effort that you put into preservation runs @nube! Labor of love or not, it is still very much labor. I appreciate you! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

8 Likes

I also learned this lesson the hard way but instead of culling I excluded a runt from pollination and didn’t take clones because of its runt status. After harvesting the plant and smoking it I was shocked to find a taste almost exactly like strawberry preserves.
Needless to say I was highly upset with myself but a lesson well learned.

10 Likes

Same here, I’m a fan of 9LB and the Afgooey dom pheno. Should be interesting.

Thanks @nube for this awesome run! I appreciate your efforts to preservation within the community.

Germination looks great the tails on them are long! Sucks to have lost some due to surgery or poor germ issues. The plants look awesome so far that I’ll be following along!

13 Likes

I believe these are going to the co-ops. They’re not an order thing. The strains on @Sebring’s site are all donated to him, or produced by him and he does occasional “drops” and makes some available.

The co-ops you only use the OG shipping here:

If you pay attention to the fall co-op thread, Sebring will say when to start paying.

This is all provided you’re in the US, other countries have different distributors

13 Likes

Thanks! I discovered his artwork through my Tool fandom. We went to his NYC gallery when he still had it. Truly mind-blowing stuff!

Get his facts straight? Assumptions? This what @nube said in his post that seems to have offended you…

So, what facts aren’t straight? What assumptions did he make?

Here’s a fact: your very first post in this entire thread is the one where you were offended by being called out for not engaging in this thread. :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

I am a supporter of overgrow, but it’s all good bro, you do what you’ve got to do.

Y’all be good to one another.

fr0g_D

8 Likes

I fully agree, with my limited experience I’ve already seen that the runt of the litter can turn out to be a winner. I got in a very small space so I just run a few seeds at a time and let me roll. I’m doing this I’ve found most of my favorites have been the slowest to get goin!

6 Likes

Absolutely. Some will look like they’ll achieve nothing and by the 5th week they just take off
Then there’s the runty plant you spend 2 months vegging and it’s still 2 foot tall, you look at its clone you took a month ago and it’s 4 foot tall and luxuriant.

The most frustrating plant I encountered was a keeper female without pistils, well very very few. I could only make seeds 10/plant at a time. Nuts lol

4 Likes

Just don’t put the vase/top in a tote like I did… Mold all over them in 48h in a air tight tote. Next time I will try outside with lid cracked for air exchange.

6 Likes

There’s sort of a double function on Sebrings site…

He collects a couple bucks per co-op strain you signed up for. This covers packaging and mailing for the fall and spring boxes (pretty amazing if you stop and think about it!) :laughing: :+1:

Also, he ‘sells’ any surplus seeds that have been donated (that’s the neat looking out of stock stuff)… It can be confusing, especially when this is new…

Cheers
G

14 Likes

I forgot all about that. Lol… couldn’t you tell. I was obviously confused. I had a TBI a few years back and it really messed with my memory. And if you read the entire thread you saw I mentioned that if I came off aggressive, then that wasn’t my intent. I reread it and realized my error. Thus adding another post.

10 Likes

My sympathies, but when you made your post, you didn’t have to rely on your memory. You could’ve easily searched the thread and realized that you had not yet posted - which is what @nube was saying. Instead, you reacted out of emotion.

Yeah, well - I read your post and then I replied. I didn’t wait until I read all the way down to the end.

lol…your post didn’t just “come off aggressive” - it was rude, inconsiderate and wrong, but I’m sure that wasn’t your intent either, right?

BTW - you can delete your offending post, and it’ll be like it never even happened.

5 Likes

No it was not my intent to come off as rude. I know a 1000 ways to be a dick but didn’t realize I was being one. If I wanted to be a dick, I would have taken a different approach. Also, I thought for some reason I couldn’t edit old posts. I tried to correct something in another thread, but it said I couldn’t. So I assumed that after a certain amount of time, or something, that it was uneditable.

5 Likes

You have 30 days, I think, to edit a post, and that might apply to deleting, too.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. Like most, I am learning everyday still. Also, I do apologize I really didn’t mean to sound so rude. I was trying to figure out what was taking place. I was pinged in a post that I forgot I made a commitment to observe, comment and help with grow that’s my bad. Apologies @nube

7 Likes

Had to work yesterday, also made dogfood and potted up some plants. Full day! Today is shucking these lovelies, which were at day 49F in the following pics. :slight_smile:

Whole tent:

Pheno #7:

Pheno #8:

Pheno #9:

Pheno #10: starting to go feral, needing support, so I delicately gave her a cage.

Pheno #11:

Not too much else to report aside from they’re starting to look a little ragged, which to me usually means the pollination was successful and, as a result, their hormones are all wackadoodle. I think you can even see some seeds popping out if you zoom in.

:sun_with_face: :seedling:
:peace_symbol: :rainbow:

64 Likes

Looking good @nube! Btw, if you’re still curious, I came across this in another post. @Upstate certainly seems to have plenty of experience with landraces, and he agrees that when they regress to a wild state they end up in a 25/50/25 distribution. He might not have been published like Clarke has, but I think he works with enough landraces to be a valuable source of empirical evidence, since there’s not enough real science yet to tell one way or the other.

11 Likes