Seed Run Co-Op: Maui Mango Haze (CLOSED)

The Maui Wowie has Afghani in it, so they’re definitely a hybrid. The breeder was looking for a fast flowering version, so he selected an Afghani dom Maui mom, and a fast flowering Mango Haze male for this project. Today is day 56F, and those plants could be cut now, but I think one more week will be much better.

I can’t wait to smoke it either. When I do a seed run, I always do the seeded plants first, then I do a bud run from the clones. I’ve been waiting to twist some of this up since the spring. :slight_smile:

In my flower tent, I have 2 Solsheet X LED lights, in veg I have the LED I just built. I’ll never buy another pre-build light. Those LED strips are awesome. I always flower in 2 gal fabric pots indoors. The plants stay around 4ft tall depending. I’m not sure if Sebring repackaged them or not, but there were around 50 seeds in each vial. I pulled over 11,000 seeds from 5 plants, and it would’ve been more if I’d kept them indoors.

I can’t wait to see how yours turn out. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

17 Likes

Holy crap, 11,000 seeds?! I would love to get into breeding and what not but I don’t know that much about it…

Did you use males or is this a self pollinated, fem seeds?

Do you chuck pollen (whatever that means hehe), only pollinate a certain amount of branches per plant?

It’s def fascinating that’s for sure, really hope to get into that and pheno hunting one day!

3 Likes

I believe he did repack them, they were sent out in the same little pucks that all the seeds from his site were in. I haven’t checked how many seeds, but he uses a 1/8tsp to measure the seeds for his drops.

12 Likes

I saw in a strain hunters video that flattened stem, weird bud mutation was a trait seen most often in fields of Pakistani plants growing outside in Morocco. Not sure if the ace panama has any paki in it, probably not a desirable trait to have though for lack in yields potential.?

3 Likes

@Guitarzan thanks again bro I just got mine and very excited about the next run there in ( me rubbing my hands together saying hehehehehe with that evil voice of a demented mad scientist)

Peace
Paps

3 Likes

Well, I have a rather expansive view of a seed run. I do a full open pollination using all viable plants. In my experience, it doesn’t take much to pollinate a 4x4 full of females. I’ve done it accidentally several times over the years. :slight_smile: If I tried just painting branches, I’d wind up slinging pollen all over the place anyway, and I wouldn’t get as many seeds.

I was easy on the MMH because Biggus Dickus was the one male. When you have multiple males it’s trickier because males drop pollen at different times, and you want to collect all the pollen from each male, mix it up, then hit the females to make sure that all the males are equally represented in the offspring.

To me, a pollen chuck is just that. I found a super stud male on this last grow, and I have a bunch of females from different strains, and I’m going to throw, (or chuck :slight_smile: ) the pollen from that male on all of them, and see what happens. I chucked MMH pollen on some White Widow, Strawberry Diesel x C99, and GSC clones that I had.

I don’t consider that “breeding” in the strict sense of the word because, IMO, breeding requires intent. Breeding says, “plant A is great, but needs better structure, plant C has great structure, so I’m gonna cross those two.” Some of that may come into play on a chuck, but usually the intent is simply to splooge every female there is.

That’s why creating a new strain from scratch using landrace genetics can take several years to accomplish. Every trait has to be identified, and locked down before you can move to locating the next trait you’re looking for. It requires meticulous documentation, going back years in some cases. I fear that will be the biggest hurdle to me becoming a successful breeder. I’m a piss poor documenter of things. :slight_smile:

I always pack them in vials, which is adding a step to @Sebring’s packaging process as he’s gotta dump the vials before he can repackage them. I’ll send them loose in the future.

That mutant cola is by far the largest of all those plants. The potency is what’s been called into question. Some folks have seen that mutation and said it wasn’t very good smoke. We shall see. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’ve know it has Indica in it. I was thinking Deep Chunk, but I know ACE uses the Pakistan Chitral Kush alot, and the purple Malawi I had this summer, which sprouted wild from last year’s seeds, had the very unique and extremely rare colors of Pakistan Central Kush. And the strawberry chewing gum smell. I’m not knocking the quality of Ace seeds genetics any, but I am calling a spade a spade…

7 Likes

@Pug-love If the potency is there, it could be a very desirable trait. People like mutants., and the yields were almost double on the branches that had this trait, for myself and Guitarzan.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m planning on 7 gallon pots, but may knock it back down now, great yield!

3 Likes

Hey @Guitarzan. Thank you for your generosity to the community and doing this run. I appreciate your efforts including the popping, sorting, and passing them forward. It’s an honor to hold some of your seed. Much respect. This was my first seed run signup. Thank you to @Sebring for your time and getting them out.

7 Likes

Just wanted to say that 8 of 8 popped for me in less than 48 hours, but I would go directly into growing media because they are really long in the peat plugs, like 3 inches. Vigorous. Also got a 3 leaf (1 of 8) but dropped a light cord on it sadly. Thanks again, I think your grow,was a great success!

12 Likes

Got mine a few days ago, super stoked! Dropped 3 or 4 in water and all but 1 popped in less than 48 hours.
Thank you again.

Also so if I read correctly their about 9 week flower time right?

3 Likes

I got decent germ rates in the tests I did. I didn’t give them a cold cycle, which would probably help.

I did say 9 weeks, but I think 10 would’ve been better. My room has issues, PM being one of them, and in an effort to raise my humidity, (another big one), I cut my airflow down too far. I saw a couple of spots on some Strawberry Diesel x C99 plants I had, so I chopped them all. They were at 63 days.

I have some pictures. I’ll get off my ass next week, and post the final report on them. I can’t wait to see how they turn out when grown in a more suitable environment.

Like yours man!! :grinning: :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

I got mine yesterday, or the day before ?
Anywho, come Feb. I will drop some beans :slight_smile:

Nice run and thanks

I see you got the STS kit too. Specific plans brewing?

Great stuff! Proud to know you.

1 Like

I ordered a pack of the MMH and super excited to try it out :sunny:

4 Likes

My apologies for not getting this finished sooner. I’ve never done a smoke report before, so I’m slow. One thing up front, don’t judge the plants by this grow. My room is in terrible shape in terms of environmental control. The humidity in my flower tent was 23% this morning. In a good room, they’ll do a lot better.

I’d intended to chop them at 9 weeks, but I saw a couple of small spots of PM on a SD x C99 plant at 61 days, and I don’t screw around with that shit, so they all came down on day 61. I think I would’ve let them go a week longer.

So, there seem to be 2 phenos, and a very interesting mutation in these genetics. The two reddish looking plants in the front are Strawberry Diesel x C99.

The plants all share an odd branching pattern. They’ll start throwing 4-5 branches from each node

The mutation is that on some of those branches, the stem will start to flatten out.

The big plant in the top right of the first picture is the mutant. The bud shape on those flat branches is different from any other bud, even on the same plant.

You can see the difference between the main cola, (FlatTop :slight_smile: ), and the lower buds. Here’s a nice shot of the Muto bud:

Same bud from the top:

I’ve never seen a Fauxhawk on a bud before. :laughing:

I’m not great on smells, but the Muto smelled like burnt rubber big time. The other’s had a hint of it after they were chopped, but Muto had it big time. My grow is kinda shitty, so I’m far more interested in what you all have to say in terms of terps, and potency.

It’s a fun plant to grow, and I expect to see some great examples. :slight_smile:

Here are some random shots

Thanks for stopping by, and sorry it took me so long to tie this off.

Happy Growing!!! :vulcan_salute:

48 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work @Guitarzan

Great job with all the pictures and documentation-

My question is, how’d it smoke?

8 Likes

Hey @ifish ,
I can’t pm you will you shoot me a message ,
I have these MMH for you and a couple others …
Contact me mate …
Gaz

Edit; Thanks for making and sharing these seeds @Guitarzan :ok_hand:.!

7 Likes

Completed project