Seed Run Co-Op Rare F2 Cackleberry - Giveaway has ended

so i stole a family members phone while over for the holidays because mine was broke by my growing pit bull

lol wasnt mad just being cheap. I couldnt resist not giving an update tho… But still as planned the pack recieved and opened inspected.
The actual time they began their soak was 12:00 Am Jan 1 2019. This was a little New year fun i had to my self.

25 Likes

12 Likes

Interesting read…

Pollen tube interacts with female plant tissue

Led by Ueli Grossniklaus, professor at the Department of Plant and Microbial Biology at the University of Zurich, an international research team has now demonstrated how the pollen tube interacts with, and responds to, female plant tissue. The pollen tube does so by secreting extracellular signals (RALF peptides) which it uses to explore its cellular environment and regulate its growth. Two receptors on the cell’s surface enable it to perceive the secreted signals and transmit them to the inside of the cell.

Intracellular signals regulate growth

Working together with the teams of Christoph Ringli from UZH and Jorge Muschietti from the University of Buenos Aires, the team around Grossniklaus was able to determine that further proteins had to be active for the pollen tube to recognize the signals – LRX proteins. These proteins were identified at UZH 15 years ago by Beat Keller and his research group, but their function had previously not been clear. LRX proteins are localized in the cell wall surrounding plant cells, where the signals can dock. “We suspect that the pollen tube explores changes in the cell wall by sending out signals and responding accordingly, for example by realigning its growth,” says Ueli Grossniklaus. It is rare for plants to produce and perceive signals with the same cells. The researchers suspect that this allows the pollen tube, which grows extremely quickly, to faster respond to changes in its environment rather than being dependent on signals from other neighboring cells.

Molecular insights open up wide range of potential applications

The signaling pathways described by the researchers are involved in many other basic processes, and knowledge of how they work opens up numerous possible applications for plant breeding. “By better understanding how these proteins work, we can not only influence pollination and seed formation, but also the development and growth of plants or their defense against pests,” concludes Ueli Grossniklaus.
:cowboy_hat_face:

12 Likes

Those are some nice looking seeds! All signs point to success!!

6 Likes

The lucky 7 will germinate in cut water bottles.

After 24 soak. I see all have cracked 6 have tails

18 Likes

You could count me in! Very interesting sounding strain and I have no Cherry. Awesome guys!

peace

mrG

5 Likes

The difference in a day

The difference in hours later
So lets get this started. As of now i just have them coded as CB 1-7. We have a 7/7 Germination rate👍 take note of that. These were started in fox farm basic happy frog with mycos to take it easy on the ferts just to be safe. My caution paid off for As of now cb1 and cb3 are the only ones to pop up with seed still attached. The rest popped up out of the soil without. Watered only once with plain RO water. And the water bottle containers doesn’t have any holes. You can think of this like a starter plug. They are exactly 36 inches away from my 2 cree 50 watts cobs being driven at 36. Ill just rotate them a 1/4 turn daily and swap positions every 3 days. Dont know if it works i just do to keep the indoor environment not so uniform.

13 Likes

Pictured in the background is a reveg im letting grow back for giggles. Its a recent harvest split completely at the base. since i run no till i was about to re-use the pot and saw it said im coming back… so im just watching it until it take up space.

10 Likes

Woo Hoo! Let the grow begin!! I can’t wait to see how they perform for you

5 Likes

Shot taking at lights on just an update.

9 Likes

Danggit! I have just recently received "The Bible " Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes and that’s how I found this place. Looks like I should have checked you guys out the first day I read about it.Sometimes that’s the breaks tho. Can’t wait to see some of these beauties in full flower, only wish I would be seeing it firsthand. Maybe next time

13 Likes

I added you to the recipients list. I’ll PM for shipping address and when seeds are ready we’ll contact you to arrange shipping.

5 Likes

Thank you so much. I love this site already. Although I have found that most of the growers I have met or talked to are some of the coolest down to earth ppl. Once again thank you

6 Likes

I’m a big fan of Greenpoint. I’ve grown a lot of his stuff and a few things ive noticed in all his crosses 1. Agressive fast germination prone to vine like stretch if not we’ll lit 2. Early sexing 3. quickly root bound. The Greenpoint stardawg is a beast.

5 Likes

That stardawg is a stud no doubt. Seems to drown out a lot of the females he skeets tho

5 Likes

The Cackleberry, jamoka, dream catcher, and full moon fever are pretty true to their mothers.
I’ve heard he drowns out just about anything else.
One of my sisters Cackleberry reeked of cherry air freshener.

9 Likes

Thanks for info. Definitely a lot to be found in GPS gear

5 Likes

Damn it :bear:, are you trying to stir the seed fever in people? You’re making me need to go visit the GPS :evergreen_tree: site, :laughing: .

6 Likes

I try not to be a fanboy but every single cross of his I’ve grown has simply blown my mind.
Keep it fed give it enough light and you can’t loose
I’ve heard bad things about his non stardawg stuff though.

5 Likes

I too am a fan of Greenpoint seeds. Always shoots tails 100% germ and vigorous plants. I just popped 4 of their Golden Nugget. Of course the Copper Chem is a delight to grow but I did get 2 males. Looking forward to smoking it soon. Hope you’re well and lifted my brother.
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes