Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

Donā€™t know how set you guys are on packaging but these are designed to hold 10-15 cannabis seeds and are 30 cents a piece

2 Likes

la con are only 20 cents a piece at a 100 count. I donā€™t know if they are cheaper if you buy them at 500 or a 1000. And they ship pretty nice in a package cause they are relatively flat.

7 Likes

I donā€™t like the idea of a mad scramble at the endā€¦ just look at the server auctions. I personally have been so behind on OG lately that I currently have 57 followed threads with new replies I havenā€™t seen. Some have over 400 replies since I was able to check in last. I guess it could work with the perm list for 10+ pips, but eventually thatā€™s gonna go tits up.

9 Likes

How much bud weight do we need to yield a kilo of good seeds? :wink:

5 Likes

While trying to find out how the pips work it appears they are no part of the standard discourse software but maybe a plugin or an OG exclusive hack. Maybe @LemonadeJoe can explain how they are calculated?

1 Like

I bought 200 of those then found these microcentrifuge containers for $0.03 each. Combine that with these mini ziplocks at $0.10ea for the best deal and looks pretty professional as well :stuck_out_tongue:

That is a very fair point and the best argument against it so farā€¦we could do 100 sign ups through the grow then those that can part with more can open it up at the end though this may lead to more people deleting others off the lists and not accidental like its beenā€¦but then those with 5+ pips ā€œshouldā€ know better as well as, how to edit a post without losing any info

Here is a discussion Explaining user trust levels and permissions and touches on the pips accruing like the old karma system some forums usedā€¦the more you have, you gain more privileges and shows members you are an active participant. Unlike the old Karma system is once you have them, there is no going down in auto mode though I am sure could be arranged. Its not a fail proof system though something we can look at while getting to know each other

9 Likes

If the sign ups are going to be filled in minutes, itā€™s going to suck for people in other time zones, eh?

Not interested in a mad dash to sign up, personally. If thatā€™s the way it ends up going, I will probably opt out. I just canā€™t see myself camping an auction, or what is effectively similar to one.

It would be great for those who dig that sort of thing, though :wink:

14 Likes

I think youā€™re right, we shouldnā€™t limit the number of people on the list for exactly this reason.

4 Likes

(just thinking out loud) what if people signed up with a number not in alphabetical order so that the next person just has to sign up under the one above them so that no one has to enter in between two names so no more accidental erasing ā€¦if the alphabetical order is important to the distribution I wouldnā€™t mind retyping the list alphabetically after the run is closed everytimeā€¦just a thought

8 Likes

this all sounds awesome. I totally agree that the co-op should help out with packaging as needed. I think we should just try to avoid sending money until after the seeds have been received by the distributor, and then if the grower needs help to cover the shipping funds it could be handled as a reimbursement.

7 Likes

A crazy competition for sign ups isnā€™t what I had in mind either, but I think there is some kind of middle ground here between the trust level tier system for sign ups, and working within the actual available seed stock for distributions.

The co-op has had a few projects yield less than expected, and itā€™s awesome that people have offered to donate seeds from other projects to make sure everyone on the list gets something. but continuing to add extra strains to seed distributions as a stopgap measure could get pretty complicated over time.

7 Likes

I think it would be awesome if the next time somebody looked down and said ā€œOh fuck, itā€™s a male!ā€ they considered turning the grow into a seed run for OG.

5 Likes

Would it be helpful once we received the seed run seeds if some of us S1ā€™ed them? They would still retain the same genetics and still be F1,F2, etc. Is that correct?

1 Like

Suggestion: Anyone who has done a seed run to completion is automatically included in the following n mailings, gratis.

Solve for n.

4 Likes

This.

Another added benefit of numerical signup is that everyone can see how large the list is getting, immediately, rather than only thinking of getting the correct alphabetic placement.

Conscientious members who see the list getting large may choose to not sign up, if the seed variety isnā€™t something they need (rather than want or mere curiosity).

Growers on a seed run, while shucking seed, may estimate their final amount and cut off the list when it is too close to their limit.

4 Likes

Cost of packaging

• cost of shipping to distributors
    / price of 6 monthly seed box
    = n
4 Likes

Seems low. Think this might be a way to reward effort and mindset.

Downside of numeric addition is that scanning to see if you are listed becomes tiresome.

2 Likes

Command F works well for me. IDK.

1 Like

Me tooā€¦ Well ā€œFind in pageā€ but same idea. Sadly it ainā€™t true for everyone. Stoners all around us!

1 Like