Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

I like the idea of a list of offered strains and breeders.
I just ask that breeders are vetted members.

6 Likes

Like a dating platform for strains and breeders to fall in love and make seeds.

Every 11 minutes a breeder falls in love on Overgrow.

15 Likes

Frick! I listed them all this time though messed up on the name…editing now - thank you!

Bwahahhahahaaaa :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

So we are having a bit of a problem as we cannot go off of pip counts as some members have 3pips with a 3 trust level while others at a trust level 1 with 6-8pips. So we have decided to create a poll to let the members decide what starting trust level can have access to the preservation runs…

• Trust Level 1
  • Trust level 2
  • Trust level 3

0 voters

This poll will run for 24 hrs

15 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: OG Welcome Pack Effort/Brainstorm

I think we should do the poll again in the private lounge to avoid having all the multi accounts of One Pip Peter voting.

4 Likes

@allotment I voted for the highest level and am not at that level myself yet but with a April go point that gives me enough time to achieve it

10 Likes

I voted level 2 myself. I don’t think a person needs to be an old timer to be a part. Just not a hit and run taker. Plus I wonder if a regular was to take a subatical or go to the hospital as has happened, they would drop off the list. To me that doesn’t seem in the spirit of what many are trying to do here.

16 Likes

I agree with you @Hashtree
Plus, for the folks who work and have family obligations a level 3 requirement could seem like a lot of work just to participate in a preservation run. “Honey, I can’t play with the kids, I have to get online and participate at Overgrow so I can get some free seeds…”. Ugh…

Also, it seems like having a set 2x/year shipping schedule might attract people just around the sign up dates? Whatever the system, there will be people figuring out how to get around it, so maybe don’t sweat it. Most people here already have plenty of seeds and can trade if they really really want a particular strain.

8 Likes

Joe can easily change the setting for regular so that once you acheive regular status that you stay as one.

11 Likes

Same here. I expected more votes but still close.

5 Likes

That’s a good point. That would solve the only thing that I didn’t like about regular. Which was 50% of days in the last 100. I mean, things come up.

11 Likes

Idk I had been following it… trust level 3 has been in the lead from the get go with only 98 current members that choice “should” have lost…trust level 2 hasn’t been far behind and has 646 members…trust level 1 has stayed at the bottom and has 1866 members so “should” have won by a landslide if that were the case - knowing these member numbers show we needed this poll to be open to everyone that ran across it.

I was personally going for Level 2 and @Sebring was going for Level 1 though level 3 won out

and this comes to mind as well

True

So we’ll have @LemonadeJoe change the trust Level 3 from time based to a forever badge and go with this per the poll

22 Likes

Awesome compromise!!
You’re really good at doing this stuff @MomOnTheRun :grinning: :tada:

6 Likes

Good point. And I wasn’t aware Level 3 is such an elitist little circle compared to the whole numbers. I guess I spend too much time here then being part of it. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for explaining the numbers and setting up the poll!

I understand, and I brought that up before and Joe said that could be changed. The other things are not too hard to reach in my opinion, but they are annoying if you just want to gamble the system to get in :wink: That was my thinking behind voting for level 3. If people prefer to have the entrance level lower that’s fine of course.

8 Likes

Its seems like making the regular member badge permanent would make it hard to tell who is realy still a regular and who isent. The rest of the requirements will be met my most people over time and the regular list will grow. maybe make trust level 2 preservation runs and trust level 3 runs depending on the strain and how the donor feels and how many beans are expected. I dont know but I’m glad I dont have to decide.

5 Likes

It is though it isn’t as those numbers are forum wide. Now being curious I pulled up the numbers for our preservation threads of every member that has participated in the last year and color coded them by their current level…

US - 119 Members … 44 Level 3, 63 level 2, 12 level 1’s
Canada - 36 Members…13 level 3, 22 level 2, 1 level 1
UK - 19 Members… 7 level 3, 12 level 2
Latin America - 5 Members… 2 level 3, 3 level 2
S Africa - 3 Members…1 level 3, 2 level 2
Australia - 4 Members…3 level 3, 1 level 2

Now compare to forum wide numbers we have 70 of the 98 level 3’s participating in these runs, 103 of the 646 level 2’s and 12 of the 1866 level 1’s …all in all only a few level 1’s were included and that may have been my fault mostly coming from the US. So then I went over the seed donators - all level 3’s and the growers - mostly level 3’s with a couple level 2’s so some area’s will be drastically reduced, it may be helpful to eliminate the stash and dasher’s we have seen come and go

Whelp, if we don’t stick by the poll then what was the use of it? It’ll be tougher though not impossible to achieve

Whelp, we pretty much know who the regulars are as they are on here like all the time :stuck_out_tongue: When in doubt click on their name and it’ll show you their status like so…

Right just a bit slower as some of the 1800 new members and 1866 level 1 members become level 2 and 3’s

3 Likes

That is definitely doable… Just FYI When reaching trust level 3 becomes permanent don’t forget that also access to #private-lounge and other privileges associated with tl3 will be permanent…

That is the downside… Currently only really active core members have tl3 and access to #private-lounge. But you can click user’s profile to see when he has logged in or posted last time…

11 Likes

TL2 is probably a good compromise as the bulk of the on-going and contributing members will gain that status. I’d consider trying that first and see how it goes in terms of response, time/effort, and expense required; which I’d assume is part of the reason for this discussion.

Also, there’s nothing saying that you couldn’t expand a run into TL1 or conversely limit it to TL3 for specific circumstances.

Or, perhaps tiering it such that availability expands depending on the overall/on-going demand. Open at TL3, then TL2, then TL1 depending on whether you hit a quota.

Or even something like, first-come-first-serve across the trust-levels: x20 TL1, x40 TL2, x40 TL3+.

Bulk changing the overall OG TL requirements in order to suit seed runs seems to me the wrong way to go about that. While the runs have become an integral and important piece of OG (un-ending kudos to the work and efforts to all those involved by the way), changing TL could have further reaching impact on the overall dynamic of OG and, as a consequence, it would tie how TLs are managed to the seed-runs.

14 Likes

voted TL2 as well, and thinkin along the lines with @Northern_Loki that we might be jumping the gun a little by changing the way the trust levels work.

11 Likes