Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

Well, after reading this thread guess it would be unjust just having the Seed runs in the Private lounge. Level 2 and 3 as MOTR stated seems the best choice, but as I would like to keep the free seeds junkies away, I would like to propose taking away Breede’rs Lab and Trading post from that viewable content without any registration and put it available only for Member status and higher (levels 2 & 3).

Not only for security reasons but also to reward people that really deserve it and create a filter for those that only look for freebies and have no interest in joining the community. Guess we are ready to come to conclusions … :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Lol, you just described the free seed site I started.

15 Likes

Is it possible to add a level so that we could get the best of both worlds? That way you would stay a regular if you had other obligations for a while but drop off of (regular+ (name of new level)) if you didn’t fully participate.

3 Likes

Unfortunately trust levels are feature of the system and is it not possible to put in new levels… we can only fine tune requirements for those levels…

But once you reach tl3 for the first time, “Regular badge” is earned for life, so that can be the sign you are looking for… see more here: https://overgrow.com/t/about-the-private-lounge-category/22329

Badge is permanent, actual trust level is not… (you can go back from tl3 to tl2) as I explained earlier…

I see proposed solution as great compromise…

All preservation runs will have its own category…

16 Likes

True though we have to start somewhere in the increase - lets get this going in the new section and re-evaluate it in May after Meesh has done the 1st round of accounting on it and we can see where we are at

Right. I am a lurker myself and follow a lot of posts so frequently get booted out of TL3 not viewing the newer posts unless I have time to do so though have to have it to be a leader (TL4) so its a catch 22. We have also seen a few “trusted” members receive a pack of high value seeds then not hear from them again…for this the only real way to combat that is to have the donator comfortable with the breeder…very few breeders though when its more organized I am hopeful this will change

Whelp, imho, that’s a no brainer as the one donating seeds often wants some back and should. As far as, breeders wanting other strains than they are running they’ll have to sign up on those lists just like the distributors do. This way we can keep it fair when seeds are limited…hopefully, it won’t be an ongoing problem though since it has happened a couple times we must have it addressed

I don’t know about the others but there are only so many strains I can run so would rather pass them onto someone else. Now with that said, the strains coming out in the December box are special packs just for the distributors …i’ll have to look again though I don’t think anyone donated them to preserve except for Herijuana but I am sure that the breeders will have a special pack for them as well

16 Likes

OK, so category is now live: #breeders-lab:seed-runs-co-op

Rules were wikified and moved to separate topic:

23 Likes

I am likewise happy to make seeds for people till the cows come home, getting my shit together to be doing all that packaging and mailing is my problem :laughing: Now IF I could just produce the seeds and send them in bulk to someone with far more patience and attention span that I have for packaging then I’d be happy to dedicate 2 tents to it on a near full time basis… after all I gotta make my own beans anyway, might as well make enough to go around… It should be real obvious to anyone who participates to any level on OG that all it takes is to be friendly and to be part of the community and in no time people will be offering to send you free beans just because they have them spare.

Personally as I say I do reckon if it was feasible that the fiddly individual packaging was done by someone other than the breeder then it would go a long way to sharing the work and imho would probably mean that there would be more breeders willing and able to participate and/or dedicate grow space to the cause…

20 Likes

@slain The preservation runs are set up with distributors In the way you describe. Check out the other preservation thread. The community could definetly use a few more breeders for preservation purposes.

8 Likes

Yeah, I can see that. I’m on such a limited income atm, that growing alone is lucky to be taking place. I’m more than happy to do the seeds as well, once I finish this new space. Very close.

I’ll actually be doing a preservation of a discontinued strain a friend asked me to do next run. I’ll ask him if he wants to donate the majority of seeds to the Co-Op as long as he gets a good many f2s for himself. He’s not a member here atm, but I will ask him to join, too.

I only have 5 seeds and it’ll be an open pollination if all goes well. I won’t say what until I ask what his feelings on the matter would be.

But, for now, I’d have a tough time with all of the organization and shipping the seeds. peace

13 Likes

Cool well that sounds pretty bloody easy then… now I am wondering why everyone isn’t making beans like there is no tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue: I am more than happy to be a breeder for either indoor and/or outdoor preservation runs…

11 Likes

I did one preservation run , dident get as many beans as I expected the male just wasent producing pollen like im used to . I’m going to try and do at least one or two a year but If we all did that we could realy achieve alot.

8 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Seed production - tips

@LemonadeJoe @MomOnTheRun I cant find the private lounge. am i not high enough trust level??

4 Likes

You need to view some more topic… That’s the only thing holding you back.

5 Likes

You should be able to find it at the level you are… if not, here is the direct link - if still no access then GrapeApe is right

2 Likes

yep, access denied! thanks for helping me out with that MOTR . I’ll go view some more topics. thanks for the info grape ape.

4 Likes

@Danonly, you are currently trust level 2 Member… And for Private lounge you need tl3 Regular

Follow great advice from @GrapeApe and you’ll be fine… Check out this topic for more info about levels.

3 Likes

well, looked at a few more topics than i wanted to over the last day… lol now i’m “regular”. d

7 Likes

“Quaker Oats feels good twice!”

11 Likes

Im just curious as i noticed the seed co-op section got moved to breeders Lab.

After all that is it now NOT Private??
Or is it still Private but moved to Breeders Lab??

Cheers

4 Likes