Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread

I’ve been following, and I don’t think that is what is going on buddy. All that was said was check with Sebring to see if he would be willing, and please make arrangements for foreign shipments. All the arguing and bickering should be done now that the issue is resolved, please don’t start it up again. I love this site, and everything should be back to being chill now. Let’s leave it that way, please. This is one place we should be able to come to escape all the divisiveness going on in the world.

14 Likes

I’m not sure I understand the “overgrow US” attitude. I believe that the rest of the world got seeds recently.

The US hasn’t had any for a while unless it was sent by itself. That would be Tappy’s as far as I remember and that’s it.

Keep the conspiracy theories in the political circles. No dark state here.

Thanks @Sebring! peace

15 Likes

Africa: MikeM
Aus: Johnnybsmokin
Canada: Shadey
Latin America: MadScientist
UK/EU: Gaz29
US: Sebriing/(MotR)

this is the list from the Lucky Charms thread (with an obvious edit) This is a list for template use somewhere? All acknowledged? A template exists for Co-op seed runs?

Thanks all for your work and efforts. @zephyr too :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@Sebring Thanks again for all your effort and your contributions Sebring. With you continuing as our address coordinator, and taking over international mail to the distributors, we are back in full swing with all cylinders firing!

All that discussion was just a matter of getting everyone on the same page, verifying whether all volunteers were still active, and agreeing to continue the co-op without MomOnTheRun.

For real @GMan, I don’t know where people are getting that from. The only issue we couldn’t work out was the members who wanted all co-op work, and all co-op breeding to stop until MomOnTheRun returned.

There was just no reason no reason to cease all co-op activities when we have volunteers for all the positions needed.

15 Likes

Thanks for the list Herbie, breeders can use this as a template for future sign up posts.
I think we can add @Swe-can as a second volunteer EU distributor, who is happy to help out whenever he is needed.
@Gaz29 feel free to coordinate with swecan, depending on where each of you is located, splitting EU distributions duties by region might help to reduce postage expenses as well as your workload.

7 Likes

@George was going be taking the Eu AFTER we BREXIT - ( leave the Eu ) - I’m in Scotland uk.
I’ve been sending them out to Europe and the UK since day 1 ,why do they have to be split up - ?
I have two more strains of preservation seeds here ( just landed.) and splitting any seeds to another distributor just now - makes no sense as I’ll STILL have to send these to everyone anyway, so if any breeders have any seeds for U.K./Eu ready / send me them - I’ll send them out with the two strains i already hold - THEN choose a new Europe distributor !?
Happy growing peeps,
Gaz

13 Likes

they don’t have to be split up.
This is just an option you could explore if you would like some help with your work load on future projects.

4 Likes

I agree with you on that point @Gaz29. All the ones that already been sent and arrived today and the ones that are ready to be sent to you, should also be sent your way!

@George has chosen to resign his place as distributor and I took his place as a volunteer.

So when everyones ready and you are too ,I’ll take over from my place and down to the south of europe. Belive it will be easier that way

15 Likes

Good luck to everyone. My life is complicated enough atm so I haven’t been able concentrate on this much but I’m just a recipient so far, anyway. We all want and enjoy the same things regardless of where we live. Overgrow! peace

16 Likes

Thanks @zephyr for getting all this cleared up.

Overgrow!

4 Likes

If anybody has additional questions, please feel free to contact me in PM.

I would be happy to answer questions, refer you to the correct members to contact via PM, or direct you to the relevant posts for whatever information you need.

This is a member organized project, please keep in mind that site admins and mods have no responsibility or affiliation with the seed run co-op.

Their time is best spent on official matters, so if you have questions about the co-op, please contact a co-op member.

• If distributors and breeders would like to volunteer to answer PM’s from people with questions about the co-op, please leave a note here so that people can contact you.
10 Likes

Yes I can do.

7 Likes

Same here.

8 Likes

Gaz you ever receive the OG’ers and SDxSL?

7 Likes

Yeah i just got them after I’d sent the other strains out - I’ll need to send them with the next few that land here. :+1:.
Cheers @Mongobongo for breeding/sending them mate …

Gaz

12 Likes

Great job stoners. Happy to see this got worked out.

6 Likes

I think this is a very important part of the plan. I’m just jumping in here and speaking out of turn somewhat, so sorry of this has been covered.

Especially for the distributors - the logistics can be a nightmare. Having to individually package, sort seeds, labeling them and then generating the mailing labels is a monumental task.
You literally couldn’t pay me enough to do it.
So my suggestion would be to ask Sebring ( and other dist’s) what they need to make their life easier?
Should recipients include their own mailing/address label with their payment? (or should they mail it if the do EFT?)
It seems the postage is covered, but what about all the packaging? That adds up quickly. I’d be happy to throw a couple of bucks at it to make it easier for the distributors.
I honestly wouldn’t expect anyone to ‘volunteer’ without getting something for their time and effort. They shouldn’t be paying for anything out of pocket, and I’d be happy with some extra to cover gas, lunch beverages or whatever.
Just like supplying pizza and sodas for people that show up to volunteer.

(and as an aside- I hear a LOT of visitors to the U.S. are surprised how large the country is. Spain would be about the size of 2 or 3 states, For example Texas alone is larger than France and is 11 times larger than England. Population a about 300,000,000)

8 Likes

Excellent thought, it would be good to have a guideline to attempt to follow, in order to make it easier for all involed, though many here would probably balk at being told how to do things. That might turn off potential seed runs if people are too dogmatic regarding telling people how they should freely give of their hard work to others.

5 Likes

You’re not my supervisor! :stuck_out_tongue:

I would phrase it as a “gentle suggestion”. :innocent:

“You get what you want- by helping other people get what they want.”

Everyone here is pretty generous, so I know we can make it work.

6 Likes

Haven’t talked to @Shadey about it but I did start keeping my eyes open for a smoking deal on another brother ql550 label printer…

Pretty sure I know a guy who could write a python script to leech sets of names/addresses from a spreadsheet and blast out a set of mailing labels. Even just copy/paste from PM’s is quick and painless.

Kind of the ultimate easy way to manage this, I couldn’t imagine the hand writing etc shadey and motr would have to do…

8 Likes