Seed storage situation

Solid logic: good enough for coffee = good enough for cannabeans!

4 Likes

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MPYB16J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_i_HR9QA3WW8BNPKSXAP3XH. This what you are using @SmackyMcSmackers ? These are food grade but I heard that some colours of these are no good?

1 Like

Those are similar. The ones I bought are a different brand, but could well be the same thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BB66ZD9

I have the small packets and throw a small handful of packets into each container. The packets/beads don’t directly touch the seeds, so I can’t see them being too much of a problem even if they don’t fully work as expected.

Got my new seed storage case, it has a nice large pocket for holding unopened packs that I don’t want to put in the cryo tubes. You can fit ALOT of seeds in these tubes.

19 Likes

I was thinking :thinking: about the same kinda deal as this, but with something similar in size to cryogenic tubes.

1 Like

That’s a neat box to store seed in .

2 Likes

Off Amazon

5 Likes

I gotta get one of those, I just have tubes numbered in a box in the freezer

Only up to #48 though, couldn’t fill 60 yet, give me a month or two though

1 Like

Nice bud, those must hold a ton. Mine is.much smaller but each vial still holds a pile of seeds.

10 Likes

My storage isnt fancy but ive been growing strains ive had since cannabis world and cbay. I keep them in the fridge in tupperware containers.

Pop them seeds.

I like yours there, more vials, looks a bit more compact too. I doubt I’ll ever fill up one if my vials with a single strain

2 Likes

It is nice and compact with a gasket in each vial as they are meant to be refrigerated so perfect for seeds. The only pain is having to manually number the vials. The top has numbers but if you put it on the wrong way you dont have any idea what’s in what. That would.be my only complaint.complaint but nothing a couple minutes with a sharpie can’t fix.

3 Likes

Works for me

12 Likes

Those c-vaults are expensive, but they are nice. I got the big one and it kept herb fresh, with a boveda pack, for months. I’m happy to have started finding 32oz w.m. mason jars at pre-pandemic prices. Now, if I can find some 64-oz jars.

4 Likes

I use my 64 oz mason jars for bud and this cvault for seed storage

5 Likes

Do you put any rice in with the seeds?

1 Like

No rice, I figure if the seeds are dry and sealed in vials with gaskets that are meant to store samples in the refrigerator they should be fine. Should not allow any moisture in.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.