Seed Trading, Moderated (Part 2)

The deadly g version is completely different all together that is black triangle remix the black triangle has always been his other ghash male he found @Cormoran

3 Likes

Speakeasy just had it but looks like they sold out. It gets restocked regularly though.

They are sold out of the US shops that i checked this morning but Bodhi could release more. I will let you know in a DM @joker if i spot BT again.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the bt is done since he retired the male. I vaguely recall something about the last restock emptied his Frig for the g13hp male. I don’t think more bt are going to show up

6 Likes

Got F2’s coming down the pipe brother, you guys will be SURE to get some, promise. @Wizdom @Pigeonman

11 Likes

Here is Bodhi’s thoughts on this which he posted here on OG in 2019:

In paragraph 10 he states:
“ fgens current lines: personal/friends/family… sure, but not for general distribution . i would prefer that you focus on lines that need reproduction over things that are currently stocked by bodhi seeds.”

So to honor Bodhi’s wishes, it would be good to wait for a strain to be clearly unavailable for sale, before f2-ing it and publicly giving it out to several dozens of people (up to 150 people) on OG.

11 Likes

Bt f2 are coming?

5 Likes

A lot has changed since 2019 and his partnership with berner. I’ve always been respectful of breeders wishes in the past but these days these guys “generally speaking” are raking in 100s of thousands a year in not into the mills. If they’re selling seeds you should be able to do whatever you want with them, testers/giveaways are another story “just my opinion”.

7 Likes

…and your opinion is agreed with, at least by me. When I buy seeds, or a clone, I own them.

6 Likes

Fortunately for us the berner thing was short-lived and over with.

You can do what you like w seeds you bought but Bodhi feeds his 4 kids w seed pack sales, and now has an ex-wife he probably pays support to so please consider it.

8 Likes

This is very helpful to hear. Thank you.

2 Likes

That’s also a very general way of looking at it. Some people live in the middle of nowhere and can sell seeds online and have very little expenses. Maybe they’re even in their moms basement. They just cross some cookies x cookies = frost cheat code with shitty high and sell maybe a couple years and then theyre gone.

1 Like

I buy so much Bodhi gear per year I’m feeding at least one of those kids. It was his choice to get in bed with berner, I still respect the shit out of that guy but don’t let his looks fool you he’s doing very well for himself.

8 Likes

And that child appreciates you feeding her or him. (They did request more pizza.)

It sounds like the Ghash male strains may not be coming back unless the shops have some tucked-away.

EDIT
If you have a Bodhi strain you think should be f2-ed, i’m sure the OG co-op would be interested to hear about it and the members of OG would be grateful to you. Esp. if it’s a now a “dead” strain.

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure Appalachia, snow lotus, and g13 males are gone. I know some people in the Bodhi thread would have absolute clarity about this

6 Likes

Also Wookie 15, OMG and SSDD males are gone.
Unsure if we’ll see more from these males: Kashmir and Strawberry Milk.
The Purple Unicorn f3 dad strains are still being released regularly.

8 Likes

The omg male is one I missed so far. I’ll be watching for those f2 for sure :grin::rofl:

2 Likes

I thought the co-op was supposed to be F1 open pollenation?

1 Like

I have some Soar F2 (omg cross) from Bodhi if interested PM me :dizzy:

10 Likes

F1 open pollination gives you F2.

I’m not advocating for co-op support of F2 Black Triangle, just generally expressing my personal views on the matter. Is it very different if I found a nice clone of Black Triangle and offered it to everyone free of charge? In my opinion, not substantially different.

I respect the effort that goes into breeding, but it’s my view that breeders don’t retain any specific rights or ownership over their lines. That said, I’m not by any means going out of my way to undercut people’s work and would generally urge folks to support breeders through buying direct from them.

7 Likes