Seedling feeds?

Have you ever considered going back to basics?

A lot of what I just read above is like pink noise to me. If growing weed required me to dick around that much there’s no way I would have the time or patience. To each, his own - but I can tell you that it doesn’t need to be nearly this complicated.

2 Likes

These are them today. New growth looks good. I bumped them down to about 0.5EC

I guess my seeds just don’t need as high of feed. These are 4" netpots

1 Like

They are on theyr way for sure, look at the gradient on the shoot to regulate. You don’t want it darker.

Still at 0.5EC. Think I made a mistake going higher and stunted them.

My plants just don’t use a lot of nutrients I guess.

Lol I know this is an older thread, but I’m now devouring all knowledge for hydro so my diy can get strong bwuahahahahahahaha @SquirtleSquad.

As I’ll be starting little bitches soon for hydro, hella bump :fist_left: :fist_right: :fist:

3 Likes

Thats the spirit @nefrella ! Hoo hoooo!

2 Likes

Lol thread necromancy commence.

Its coincidental timing because im starting in cubes for the first time since this thread and im hating it.

Been doing seeds aero for far too long.

2 Likes

I just noticed the same thing. @nefrella brought me here. Lol. But to be honest I should be reading up on this as well.
Good to see you again @SquirtleSquad!

2 Likes

Okay folks why is there 3 different kind of PPMs. Hanna, Eutech and Truncheon? I know what happened. Someone thought there measurement of the PPM was better then the next guys.

I knew it varies depending on where your meter is made. But to be honest I didn’t think the numbers were that much of a difference.
Wow!

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing. It changes the strength of the feed, but which scale to start with if the nute doesn’t give a dosage?

1 Like

I know that depending on where your meter is made the PPMs will be different. But if you’re not sure there is only a 20 PPM difference from Hanna to Truncheon. So its really not that serious. I’m guilty of using one of those cheap $50 pens. But it has gotten me this far. When I start working again I would like a nice meter like yours. I dont know if I would just like to get a regular meter or one thats part of an automated system the adjusts your ph. If they have one that will work with an automated system that I can get later that will be even better.

I first checked this out cause I didn’t know how to read EC. Its easy in Hanna because its 50 PPM per 0.1 EC.

2 Likes

700PPM on a Hanna is 1.4EC. 700PPM on a Truncheon is 1.0EC. Thats a big difference IMO especially for DWC.

An automated pH doser is good if you have a large res or an RDWC. Ill never grow without one and bought a second one last week.

If I knew arduino id build my own because there are some things I dislike about the manufactured ones.

The cheap way is a DC peristaltic pump and a MC122 controller from Milwaukee. These can be had for a bit over $200

2 Likes

You are right. Huh.:thinking: I’m trying to figure out why the trend changes so drastically. It looks like the difference seems to double every .1 EC. Thanks for pointing that out.
What dose EC stand for? Electrical Current?

1 Like

Which is why I’m curious what to, or rather how to dose when the product doesn’t provide which scale they use for dosing.

Best I figure, start slow and build up. You can always give more, but can’t take back the damage.

1 Like

Maybe electrical conductivity?

The more salty water is the more conductive it is

2 Likes

What do you mean?

Blue lab combo 500ppm is 1.0EC. It does both

2 Likes

If there are 3 different methods to measure EC, which one do you use when the nutrients product doesn’t tell you which scale (for ec and ppm) they use for their dosing.

1 Like

It has the ability to switch between the 3 different methods to calculate.

1 Like

Where was your Blue Lab made? But I understand what your saying @nefrella. What was there standard of measurement when they came up with the recommended dosage for there product.
I just figure that work your way up and see what your plants tell you. When the tips of your leaves start to burn you know to come down a little. But at the same time every plant is different.

1 Like

Not sure actually. Just bought from the hydro store down the street. I’m in Nor Cal.

The question is, which method (ec/ppm calculation) for dosing with which nutrients. Back to @SquirtleSquad this is why I said start slow and build up dosing because some nutes don’t specify.

1 Like