Seedling feeds?

So this begs the question, there is definitely something off with the calcs, or the meter.

This would suggest that at .2 ec, it would match the truncheon schedule, but, the meter suggests at .2 ec with the Hanna calc, its at 140 ppm?

What the literally heck?

1 Like

If we would all use ppmā€™s that ā€œtranslationā€ problems would disappear for good, 100 ppm are the same in Sidney, Berlin and Alaska. I use this chart as reference, hope it helps ā€¦ :sunglasses:

tds

2 Likes

True, but which ppm method : hanna .1 = 50ppm, eutech .1 = 64ppm or truncheon .1= 70 ppm is the baseline? Do you just pick one and hope for the best?

1 Like

Life is simpler with ec : )

1 Like

If thats what the ec is .2 and your ppm is reading 140 ppms then I believe its going off of Truncheon. Not Hanna.

1 Like

Yep, exactly. Which to me says thereā€™s an error somewhere - and the meter is the only place it could be at.

Going to increase my feed tonight to .8 ec, and measure the runoff amd see whatā€™s up amd go from there.

1 Like

Why do you believe there to be an error. Iā€™m not saying your wrong. Iā€™m just trying to understand. @George is about to chime in. Wounder what heā€™s got to say?
It dose seem to be easier to go with EC. Just like @ifish said. Lol

2 Likes

Because the meter is saying at the 500ppm(which is the Hanna method) that ec would be .2

If its reading 140ppm at the 500ppm level (hanna method) the reading is wrong, it would be read the 140ppm on the 700ppm calc (truncheon), but thatā€™s not the case(or it might have been, and I didnā€™t check)

1 Like

100% Iā€™m just trying g to understand why the numbers are like they are.

I have a feeling, that had I switched to the 700ppm calc, I wouldā€™ve seen 140ppmā€¦we shall see tonight!

1 Like

That only happens if you need to convert them to EC or reverse. Imagine all our pH meters only work with ppm and all the nutritional charts are in ppm, every single grower around the world could follow and share their nutrient schemes.

The problem came when those pH pens manufacturers use different EC conversions depending if they are Australians, europeans or yanks. If an unified universal standard would exist things would be easier, I cannot speak with my Spanish friends about gallons, feets and ounces, it is absurd and useless, Parts Per Million are the same for all of us ā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wich one? icon_e_confused|nullxnull frech|nullxnull

3 Likes

Bwuahahaha indeed

2 Likes

Oh yeahā€¦ which one.
Why do people got to make something that should be straight forward so complicated. Canā€™t we all just get along?

@nefrella you will figure out what works for you. Try not to stress about it.
I think I got a headache. Iā€™m definitely going to look into this further. I NEED to understand. Its just not sticking right now.

1 Like

Im lazy when it comes to seedling feedingā€¦ I like to use the clonex liquid solution they have as I donā€™t have to mix anythingā€¦ If Iā€™m out of that, I usually just mix some DynaGro Foliage Pro with some bennies and call it a day. Feed at like 0.5-0.6 EC max and keep the temp & humidity high. I also donā€™t start feeding until I see the first ā€œtrue setā€ of leaves. Not that one big one that comes out after the cotyledons but the first 3 finger set.

• BD
3 Likes