Seeds for Vets

Ouch. That sucks. Sorry to hear about bad people scamming others.

I know it doesn’t mean much, since I’m just some rando on the 'net, but I can vouch for this site. I’ve received two shipments from them and they do great work.

2 Likes

Cool…I was just saying…there are as many good as bad out there.

I fuckin wired a house for “Homes for Vets”…made all the switches lower and outlets higher for wheelchair access etc…smart wired it too with a main control from the bedroom and the kitchen etc…guy moved in and was so happy…said if I was ever around come on by…so one day I was close and swung on by…there was some family with a bunch of kids and junk everywhere and he was GONE!
UNBELIEVABLE…but True!..the whole house was donated…site, materiel, labor… free…this is why I really show no faith in that kinda thing…just keep doing my own on my own…driving in my lane and get off my lawn type of shit!

5 Likes

Where has this group been all my life lol. I retired from the Army in 2014 and continued working up until about two years ago I couldn’t physically work anymore. I just had my 3rd spine surgery and I’m possibly headed in for my 4th soon. Each time I go into the VA for an appointment they just keep trying to push different pills at me. The only thing that seems to work for me without any lasting bad side effects is smoking. But I have to stop a couple of weeks before my pain management appointments (because before every appointment they drug screen me) I’m honestly thinking about canceling all of my appointments. And to top it all off I live in the good ol state of PA where I’m only aloud to have “souvenir” seeds. I would love to start growing my own because of being on a fixed income it’s starting to get too pricey for me. My wife has her medical card so we go to a dispensery thats an hour away from us so that costs even more. I think it’s so freaking awesome that community’s like this exists. Hopefully soon PA will jump on the bandwagon. Thanks for creating this group and I’m glad I found it! This sounds like my kind of community, and if anyone wants to hit me up on social my insta is @thejoker6981 . Rock on :metal:

8 Likes

Did you ever hear back? I emailed but didn’t even get a reply. Oh well, it’s no worries, I was just curious

If your a veteran you should come and check out our discord Urban Growers Collective. We have a good group of people, daily voice chat smoke sessions, seed giveaways, and much much more. Dm me.for info.

6 Likes

Glad to see that you made it to the OG!

If you get a chance head over to the Intro thread below.
Scroll to the bottom and introduce yourself to the OG!

If you hang out here long enough you are going to be setting up a tent or similar and running your own plants :wink:

No more trips the Dispensary and y’all will be growing better :seedling:

Glad to have you here…

5 Likes

Yo, just got hooked uppppppp from Seeds for Vets. If you haven’t yet, shoot him an email for sureeee

9 Likes

YES! That’s what I’m talking about!

Looks like you got some good strains there. I’m glad somebody else was able to benefit from the site, that was my main purpose in creating this thread.

If you don’t mind my asking, what branch did you serve in?

6 Likes

Airforce my dude, wbu? @Randar I’m actually sitting in a VA right now haha, waiting for primary

2 Likes

Navy here. Only served 8 years (my ROTC commitment), so no VA benefits for me.

1 Like

Reserves then? I hate how they do Reserves peeps. My dad was reserves and served in desert storm, on the front line of the push. Didn’t matter that he was reserves then. Still got PTSD

1 Like

Active Duty for 6 years, serving in DC at the Navy Yard. Reserves for the remainder of my 8 year commitment.

2 Likes

So why don’t you have VA benefits?

They give 100% to people who don’t even finish Basic Training. If you were active, you should have benefits

Hmmm, that’s a good question. I guess I just assumed I didn’t qualify. I’ll have to look into it.

1 Like

Haha yeah I’m pretty sure you qualify and are probably leaving money/benefits on the table tbh. I don’t doubt you have tinnitus or some kind of physical limitations or mental health issues, every vet does.

if you have any questions, hit me up in the Messages. I have helped many people get their benefits(including my dad who only just started going to the VA last year and he got out in 2000 before the second Gulf War).

It takes about 6 months to get your service records so doing a FOIA request asap would be a good start for sure. Also, go get signed up to access Ebenefits.

They have what are called Veteran Service Officers(VSO) in every major city for the most part that can assist you with anything as well if you don’t want to chat with me.

You served, you deserve more than just some free seeds(which are awesome though for sure).

2 Likes

And then there are people that didn’t get a dime like my husband. Lawyers said he didn’t quality. Active three years with honorable discharge.

2 Likes

Well that was the problem.

The lawyers you see for vets disabilty are what they call “ambulance chasers.” It’s free money for them and all they have to do is submit paperwork that you can submit yourself and they get paid off your money for doing next to nothing.

He definitely qualifies for VA benefits and the GI Bill and he probably has some disability that has been overlooked. If he was seen in service at the docs even one time, or deployed, or fired weapons, or whatever…there’s a way to connect it. If you need help, just message me.

1 Like

Damn, its tough to see how vets come from the duty, cannabis and horticulture in general is a great occupation to get your mind off for sure, and im also sure that some cannabinoid combinations work wonders with a lot of people, good that they are advancing in that, rn I can only offer some cbd pure ruderalis, but im working on some medicinal strains and I will have more things coming soon, so if anyone is a vet(edit: anyone who needs them for medical reasons also) and need them also just tell me, I would love to help the cause, im sorry y’all had to go through such situations and I hope everything just goes to better, if there is something where I can help just tell me!, Also love to see the community come together! OG such a nice place!

4 Likes

FYI, when I checked a few minutes ago, the site is back up and running. If any vets were waiting for them to get through the backlog, now’s the time to sign up.

1 Like

I served 13 years and had to fight for everything I have now …they will refuse you everytime for everything…I finally got it all…but honestly, after all that…I don’t need it…but the fact of the matter is that I deserve it 100% and if I so choose to need it…it is a rediculous conundrum at the VA where you are basically a Guinea Pig…I did get a settlement on my back pay for disabilities…it was a long fight.

5 Likes