Seeds for Vets

Hey all, just wanted to inform the community of a site I stumbled across recently.

seedsforvets.org offers free seeds to veterans of the US military. Usually they’ve been backlogged and not taking new applications, but as of this morning, the site was back up and running. I signed up and wanted to make sure that any other veterans that are part of this site were aware. It’s nice to see somebody doing something nice for the veteran community.

I’ve been using them for two years and they always send me a good mix of free beans.

29 Likes

Looks like they are currently backlogged, but keep trying. I promise it’s worth it. Below are the seeds I’ve received from them:

|Breeder|Strain|Quantity|Type
|Grassman Genetics|Sweet Honey CBD|6|Photo, Feminized
|Purpose Genetics|Black Arrow|4|Photo, Feminized
|???|Sister Sour x Sunshine Daydream|10|Photo, Reg
|???|Cuvee x Afghani|5|???
|???|Zkookie Jar|5|Auto, Feminized
|???|Bulk Smash Auto x Midnight Cheese|5|???
|???|Mystery Beans|5|???
|Purpose Genetics|Eowyn|13|Photo, Reg
|Purpose Genetics|Sensi Skunk #5 x Sensi Hashplant #8|14
|Purpose Genetics|GSC x Paki Purple Kush|14|Photo, Reg
|Purpose Genetics|MACminion Sunrise #2|11|Photo, Reg
|???|Jack Herer x Totem|12|Photo, Reg
|Yin Yang Seeds|Out Tha’ Box|6|Photo, Reg

9 Likes

Any Vets having issues and need some beans, get a hold of me…

30 Likes

Super generous of you. Love the community here and the support for vets.

11 Likes

Same here if there’s someone in need let me know I have a few things (seeds that is ) I’d be more then happy to share just DM me

17 Likes

I been looking to hook up w any groups that provide finished product to vets. I don’t sell but have plenty to go around, there any co-ops that try to link vets w growers/caretakers?

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure if you got in touch with a local veteran group you’ll be able to do this. The site doesn’t want finished product being exchanged I’m pretty sure.

4 Likes

Yes I know this and exactly why I asked for names of groups that members may know about.

7 Likes

I don’t personally know any groups to direct you too. Knowing what area you where in might get other members that have ideas.

3 Likes

I saw a group called weed for warriors while I was living in california. That may help you find something. Instagram may be your best bet.

4 Likes

Weed for Warriors, Veterans Walk and Talk, it honestly depends on where you are. Weed for Warriors had dropped like an ounce of bud per vet at a Socal meeting a couple months back some of the homes told me, it’s a good group ooverall if you give them a look. Thank you for thinking of the veterans who need, I’m grateful people like you are in this community.

Thanks to @Randar for this thread, I also vouch for seeds for vets, I even bought a hat to support them back in the day.

Thanks to anyone else who offered to give any veterans seeds also in this thread, y’all are good people. @Papalag @THCeed

Gardening is a huge way to get my brothers and sisters a little bit of responsibility and the chance to reignite passion for getting out of the house, and out of their heads.

8 Likes

I’ve been checking daily, since the site has been overloaded. Today Seeds for Vets is back up and taking donations (from all) or orders (for veterans).

Check it out and hopefully some vets here will get the medicine they need.

I sent about 200 packs of Afghan Haze F3 and 100 packs of Purple Yeti to a guy named Jaime Pickles who had a seeds for vets thing…facebook…never heard from him again, except that he did it to a few others…if you are a fellow vet and want or need seeds…I have plenty…just ask

9 Likes

Ouch. That sucks. Sorry to hear about bad people scamming others.

I know it doesn’t mean much, since I’m just some rando on the 'net, but I can vouch for this site. I’ve received two shipments from them and they do great work.

2 Likes

Cool…I was just saying…there are as many good as bad out there.

I fuckin wired a house for “Homes for Vets”…made all the switches lower and outlets higher for wheelchair access etc…smart wired it too with a main control from the bedroom and the kitchen etc…guy moved in and was so happy…said if I was ever around come on by…so one day I was close and swung on by…there was some family with a bunch of kids and junk everywhere and he was GONE!
UNBELIEVABLE…but True!..the whole house was donated…site, materiel, labor… free…this is why I really show no faith in that kinda thing…just keep doing my own on my own…driving in my lane and get off my lawn type of shit!

5 Likes

Where has this group been all my life lol. I retired from the Army in 2014 and continued working up until about two years ago I couldn’t physically work anymore. I just had my 3rd spine surgery and I’m possibly headed in for my 4th soon. Each time I go into the VA for an appointment they just keep trying to push different pills at me. The only thing that seems to work for me without any lasting bad side effects is smoking. But I have to stop a couple of weeks before my pain management appointments (because before every appointment they drug screen me) I’m honestly thinking about canceling all of my appointments. And to top it all off I live in the good ol state of PA where I’m only aloud to have “souvenir” seeds. I would love to start growing my own because of being on a fixed income it’s starting to get too pricey for me. My wife has her medical card so we go to a dispensery thats an hour away from us so that costs even more. I think it’s so freaking awesome that community’s like this exists. Hopefully soon PA will jump on the bandwagon. Thanks for creating this group and I’m glad I found it! This sounds like my kind of community, and if anyone wants to hit me up on social my insta is @thejoker6981 . Rock on :metal:

8 Likes

Did you ever hear back? I emailed but didn’t even get a reply. Oh well, it’s no worries, I was just curious

If your a veteran you should come and check out our discord Urban Growers Collective. We have a good group of people, daily voice chat smoke sessions, seed giveaways, and much much more. Dm me.for info.

6 Likes

Glad to see that you made it to the OG!

If you get a chance head over to the Intro thread below.
Scroll to the bottom and introduce yourself to the OG!

If you hang out here long enough you are going to be setting up a tent or similar and running your own plants :wink:

No more trips the Dispensary and y’all will be growing better :seedling:

Glad to have you here…

5 Likes

Yo, just got hooked uppppppp from Seeds for Vets. If you haven’t yet, shoot him an email for sureeee

9 Likes