SEMO AUTO Memphisto

4 Likes

Heat mat has come in ready to put the @JohnnyPotseed method to work got the worm dirt soaking and have few seeds ready to go.

5 Likes

A long long time ago, sodium can build up if you have to use a bunch to pH adjust, consider you can take that baking soda ā€œsodium bicarbonateā€ and bake it to turn it into soda ash ā€œsodium carbonateā€ which is more effective as a pH adjuster.

I use citric acid for ph- which I have in a kitchen cupboard that I mix up in a 1:10 ratio with water and use to adjust when i rarely need it, or potassium hydroxide which is used for soap making for pH+

3 Likes

Thank you Mr. Sparkle

Is this a point to start counting flowering time

12 Likes

Lookinā€™ good. :beers:

1 Like

With about starting my flower clock

I start my clock the day they are above ground and are open.

though some ā€œbreedersā€ count differently and go by the onset of flower, though the honest ones go by actual age when it comes to autos.

Such as mephisto expect that plant to be done in say 5-6 weeks from now being a 65+day strain.

3 Likes

OK thanks dude

Thanks @valleymicro

1 Like

It does look good. Nice and full.

1 Like

Thanks @Hemp if you come through se Missouri weā€™ll smoke some of it after it finishes. Lol

1 Like

I might have to do that.

1 Like

That would be cool, I only smoke with a few people now it would be good to add a kindred spirit to the mix.

1 Like

How bout a little update I think most credit goes to this light it appears to drive it forward into the future back to the shadows again, you gotta start young if your gonna stick it out.

1 Like

Oops forgot my pics

7 Likes

I donā€™t know if I should be trimming some of this bush back or what I would love to open some of this bottom Ć¹p for some čirculation but itā€™s my first auto so Iā€™m unsure of how much stress it can take.

1 Like

If you donā€™t want to trim any at least make sure to tuck any leaves that block light getting to bud sites. Personally I do trim and pluck leaves but nothing too major on autos.

1 Like

Nice and fat. Yea!!!

1 Like

While its not recommended to top an auto, I did it and it branched out and did ok. Thats likely gonna depend on the strain, and that was an unknown plant. I havenā€™t topped many others since then, though I plan to run a side x side with black creams topping some and leaving others, then see the results.

As for trimming up the foliage / smaller branches, Iā€™ll take off yellowing leaves, maybe a green fan or two if its really blocking a bud site, but I like the leaves as energy factories. Iā€™ll tuck leaves before cutting em most times. I havenā€™t been too aggressive on an auto, but if you chop a bunch of fans on a nicely branching photo, you usually get a nice burst of new growth. Gonna see how well that holds in the auto world soon enough, but I still think thereā€™s a limit to how much to remove, and its less than you would chop on a photo.

And I tend to take off green leaves from the inside, i.e. on a branch, but facing the main stem, vs pointing outside / away the plant. Opens the middle up a little bitā€¦

5 Likes

OK thatā€™s good advice , I guess Iā€™m following that for the most part I have taken a few yellow leaves and been tucking the upper leaves, but Iā€™ll do as you said on a couple of internal leaves to get some air in there.
This thing is the bushiest monster inside Iā€™ve seen TY he stem alone is as big as a photo Iā€™ve had outside for 4 months .
Oh itā€™s a cream Dela Chem from mephisto

3 Likes