Share your bugs

New visitor;

:call_me_hand:

12 Likes

Damn that’s crazy! never saw/heard of one so doubt they’re in my area. nice find!

I’ve seen 'em in Borneo and Sumatra before, but only a few times here in Thailand.

From Wikipedia;
“The family Phylliidae contains the extant true leaf insects or walking leaves, which include some of the most remarkably camouflaged leaf mimics in the entire animal kingdom. They occur from South Asia through Southeast Asia to Australia.”

4 Likes

Found some more in my unorganized photos.

5 Likes

Okay, we in the tropics need to keep up our end of the 'Weirdness"! :joy:

Oh, and picked up a new pet too;

7 Likes

Haven’t seen many bugs since winter started. Found this Widow under a rock when I was tearing down our trampoline.

2 Likes

Entomology is one of my interests, and I love to do butterfly gardening (or I did, before my health got so bad).

I have a lot of pics!

There’s still a pic that isn’t mine in here, but I am too tired to keep editing my goofs lol

3 Likes

My little brother is a bug!

:heart::green_heart:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

awesome, I love bugs lmao. Wife hates em. I’m the one that carries bugs out the house and let’s em go…this black widow was freed behind my shed, wife hates me.

2 Likes

This is an awesome thread! Thank you so much for starting it, @Spitfire!

I loves me some bugs too, but never think to take pictures of the amazing little devils. I’m going to try to remember to start doing that! :+1:

2 Likes

no problem! I needed somewhere to share, and hopefully others catch on. Im always snapping pictures lol. Winter time is so boring on the bug front though.

2 Likes

Some sort of milkweed bug?

2 Likes

Winter is almost over so I’m sure I’ll be finding a pile of new bugs. .

Here’s a Black Widow that was under a rock around my trampoline when I was tearing it down about a month ago. Survived under this rock through freezes.

3 Likes

im gonna share my bugs with a can of RAID :laughing:

3 Likes

4 Likes

@Ghandisflipflop this threads all you bro. Show them spiders and forest scorpions you keep buddy.

2 Likes

Feel free to send me it in the post :rofl:

1 Like

I only have 1 scorpion nd 2 tarantulas now mate.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Hawaii

5 Likes