Show Me Your DIY Grow Cab

@GumbyBuds I will when my shits together. If you look at some of my posts you’ll see i’m the slacky of the bunch around here. LOL!!! It’s true though. Get some pointers from @reikoX, the grows his has going on are definitely on lock.

4 Likes

@Kalgrae I know what ya mean, some people on here should just run for president and fix the world, me on the other hand I have trouble running to the bathroom :grimacing:

3 Likes

@argo945 don’t know how I missed your cab, looks great man and tons or room in there still. What kind of filter is that? And did you add a new fan when you did the cool tube or just redesign what you had?

not exactly DIY but there’s this thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTHotGeXUk

2 Likes

its some fresh filter but its only for veg when i had the 600 in there I had a 4" ho can fan for the cool tube clean air in clean out ,The flextube hooked up to one of the in takes below the floor and passed it out the back . The 2nd fan sucked thru a can filter and out the top and was run off a thermostat. It worked awesome I’m not sure why i went back to horizontal light fixtures

2 Likes

@legalcanada one day I really hope I can have the ability to use something like that its very cool how,interactive it is, but not I don’t wanna see the tag price :rage:

@argo945 def going to get one for my veg cab, I have this huge filter I made for future intentions as well but its just so how do you say this…BIG

1 Like

Ii had this one in there they also make a long skinny one that fits in corners nicely. You can always mount externally and blow not as efficient but still works fine.

2 Likes

Looks like my diy I built out of isuzu truck air filters … Had em laying around the shop…

Then I put in a smaller inner tube filter, again for my work trucks we no longer use.

Ignore zip ties and wire caps, using extra smaller tube for storage

5 Likes

Figured I’d show you guys how cheap I really am. Here’s a picture of a CFL light I made when I wasn’t ready for my plants but needed a light source, I think it cost me $10 but I had the bulbs already and the wires from miscellaneous appliances… And dollar store bowl reflectors…

A smaller air scrubber for my dresser cab from DIY auto filters… Wraped in carbon sheets as well as having carbon chamber…

Also my extraction fan cost me a big ole goose egg… $0.00 salvaged the blower caseing from a MTM hot water pressure washer and had a like new 1/2 hp (I think) motor to go with it. Its a squirl cage style. Not stealth but Free… ill post a pic next lights out. I got more just gotta dig it out.

Any DIY Please POST IT. I love diy , and the money it sometimes saves me :dollar:

5 Likes

ahair off topic but led supplemental and veg lighting 10W led off the shelf bulbs with the diffuses removed ghetto strips cleat socket 3 bucks 10 w led 1.25 no brainer

10 Likes

@argo945 to me its right on topic. Its DIY and I can make a design for my cab close to it. That should help for temps…now I know I had a mason jar of quarters around here somewhere lol …

And im gonna add to my original post because I just like DIY… Not saying when the wifey goes back to work I won’t be buying some stuff but for now it works.

1 Like

Also do you prefer the flood style led or the regular smaller ones… @argo945

@HalfBee would ya mind throwing up a couple pics if you still have access to them? If its not too much trouble.

I doubt there is much difference but i suspect the flood type have a narrower beam angle. I like the 10 Watters you can get em’ about 2-3 " from the plants in most cases

1 Like

I thought we could have a standard format for posting up cabs

**[**Scratch built, or Repurposed ]
**[**Dimensions ]
This can be either interior (actual grow area) or exterior, If exterior please post actual grow area
**[**Ventilation ]
**[**Lighting ]
**[**Growing Method ]
**[**Things you’d do different (As helping others to not make the same mistakes) ]

[Scratch built/ Repurposed ]
Mine is a little of both. I owned and operated a vape shop, and had a lot of fixtures left over when I shut it down. This was a 8ft long sampling bar, I cut down to a more suitable size.

[Dimensions ]
3’ wide x 3.5’ish tall, Just under 2’ Deep.

[Ventilation ]
Originaly I was going to go with two 120mm pc fans, decided this wasn’t going to be enough in the long run so I settled on a 4" Cloudline T4
Some quick specs

Designed to quietly ventilate grow tents, transfer heating/cooling to rooms, circulate fresh air, and cool AV closets.
Intelligent controller with thermostat programming, speed control, alarm warnings, and backup memory.
Mixed flow design combined with a PWM-controlled DC-motor for a truly quiet and energy efficient performance.
Kit also includes thermal probe, AC power adapter, two duct clamps, and all necessary mounting hardware.
Duct Size: 4” | Dimensions: 6.9 x 11.9 x 7.4 in. | Airflow: 152 CFM | Noise: 28 dBA | Bearings: Dual Ball

Intake: 8x 1.25" PVC elbow painted flat black inside on the floor of the cab.

[Lighting ]
I’m going to be using 10 SolStrips and SolSinks made by our very own @Baudelaire
Color: 3500k
Possible Wattage range: 0-480w
Goal Wattage to run at: 250-350w
I’ll post pics of this part when I get it built, waiting on parts to arrive.
frame: 1" x 1/16th Aluminum angle. 30"x18" with lights as evenly spaced in the frame as I can manage. (OCD)

[Growing Method ]
For now, I’m going with COCO DTW. I’ll eventually automate this using an arduino grow controller i’m developing (Original credit goes to Mr Sparkles Micro Adventures)
[Things you’d do different (As helping others to not make the same mistakes) ]
If I were doing it all over again… (phew) The only thing i’d probably change right now is not having to fill in 40+ 3/4" holes on the top, because right now i’m just going to hvac tape them up and ignore them since I can’t see them lol.

And now for the pics!

Let me know if ya’ll have any questions!
EDIT:
It occurred to me we should also answer the following question:
WHY DIY vs Tents etc

For me, A tent would get destroyed by my cats. They never got broke from the scratching on everything. A solid walled stilted growing area is perfect for me. I also have another Growing space, out in the shed but with harsh winters (COLD mostly) I don’t feel like heating another space and having to walk outside just to check on plants. I don’t need much supply per month so I figured indoors was the way to go.

6 Likes

Thanks Jelly, and yes I love the outline idea… Damn pussies :smile_cat:

1 Like

Anything for the smell? Or are you lucky enough to not have to worry about that @Jellypowered

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to worry about it, I don’t often have company and live 10 miles down a dirt road. 30 miles from the nearest “city”

But I did order a “Coconut Activated Charcoal” 4"x10" for those times when I have company. The grow cab is in an unfinished bathroom so even when I have company nobody will be near it.

1 Like

250W FRIDGE COCO - 1500W/m2 <— also direct link
[Scratch built, or Repurposed ]
Fridge found on wasteyard. Its still fully functional, but I dont use its cooling function.
[Dimensions ]
Dimensions of usable growing space is around 40x40x100 cm.
Dimensions of whole fridge is roughly around 60x60x180 cm.
[Ventilation ]
As ventilation is used TT125 with 280m3 airflow. (Filter is not yet)
[Lighting ]
250W HPS with magnetic ballast.
[Growing Method ]
Coco + Bcuzz (2ml/l from start, but 3ml/l in maximum)

Actual photo from 12. day.

[Things you’d do different (As helping others to not make the same mistakes) ]
I do shitty photos, don’t do that :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Looks great, thanks for posting this Lupus. I’m following your grow with my bowl and some raisonettes :movie_camera: