Show us your COB rig?

http://timbergrowlights.com/

This is where i bought them, i didn’t make them… LOL

Thanks my good friend. If it entails more than plugging in and changing bulbs, I’m screwed! I appreciate you.

1 Like

I was taking a course of electronics online to learn how to do it, but then i realized i wanna grow weed, not build lamps… LOL

4 Likes

Prezactly! I want to know what time it is, not how to build a watch!

1 Like

4x vero29 v7 - 200w, square optics, 2 degree control (100 & 200w)l
made by one of local grower (Im electrotechnic noob). I’m planning upgrade to 400w over time. Looking really professionaly :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I posted my DIY rig over here. Cob led......and GO!

1 Like

SO i guess the driver is like a 180 @ 1400mA, because i know that the Vero29 v7 runs at 100W each, your driver runs them at half capacity?

Sorry, I dont know. : D For details, I would have to ask builder.

Originally I wanted 2x vero 29 at 200w for smaller tent (only for veg). But he convinced me … efficiency at lower power or possibility of uprgrade. I finally decided to try to replace 400W HPS.

1 Like

He did good, when you change the driver you’ll have a 400W lamp instead of a 200W one… He did good!

You would need to replace the driver with a 360 @ 1400mA or even 1000mA… If there are any like that!

1 Like

Right on there. Totaly dont wanna run any cobs full power! @MadScientist if youre talking about how much electricity a cob uses you would use volts and not wattage. wattage=volts x amps. Youd use wattage if you wanna know how hard the cobs are being ran. The wattage is what you pay the power company per monthXD

2 Likes

My driver says 360 1400 so what is that mean then…?

2 Likes

Do those produce Uva or b?

I know the right man for that would be @lotus710! I chose to buy COBs because of his instructions and motivation!

1 Like

Is it a meanwell? If so 360 would be wattage, the 1700 is the current. It’s a constant current, so it can run up to 210 volts. Vero29g7 run around 37-67 volts so you can run about 3-5 per driver. I assume you have two drivers to total 600w.

2 Likes

Yes i do, they are meanwell 360 @ 1400mA, two of them running three COBs each…

But i dim them down to 400W!

1 Like

Full spectrum without uvb a or c.

1 Like

Yessir @ReikoX beat me too it. The wattage on the driver is even a little over usualy. Like the 185 can do 200w. The wattage each cob is driven at would be 37 x 1.4= 51.8

2 Likes

So I guess the only advantage to using those is that they are cooler? Or that they use less electricity?

1 Like

My rig is running at 400W in a 4x2x6 tent, 4" inline duct fan at 80% capacity, humidity @ 55% and the temp is a good stable 25C.

2 Likes

They are cooler then a hps thats forsure. But they still put out heat. And they use just as much power. The advantage is the effeciancy. You get more photons per watt vs an hps. Hps you get a lot more heat vs a cob. Cobs are much stronger then an hps and you need around 600 -700 watts worth of good leds to do the same as a 1000w hps. Plus no bulb switches, you can design it how you want. No light facing away from the plants unlike with HPS. More evenly spread. Less hot spots. There are lots of benefits to using new led technology. Now they are onto SMDs (surface mount diodes) like the samsung lm561.

4 Likes