Show Your Light Leaks

Conventional wisdom says “light leaks bad”

I think a little is ok.

Here’s my cabinet:

Pretty damn leaky.

Here’s my tent intake:

I built a little cardboard baffle but it still leaks a bit.

Who else is leaky like me? Or do you think I should be ashamed of myself? :joy:

25 Likes

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I’m adding to this thread later today. :rofl:

5 Likes

Oh man, my tent is a colander hahah

Never was much of a problem except with an old green crack cut, she hated it and I had to bend to her capricious nature.

9 Likes

The doors are a little leaky.

But the lung room is pretty much light tight, only a tiny bit lof light gets in from under the door.

12 Likes

Mike are in front of a giant window but I run during the day. If my dark cycle was in full sun I might be worried.

7 Likes

I see why you mainly grow autoflowers now :rofl:

4 Likes

You know I mainly grow photoperiod plants right? I’ll breed autos and grow them in the veg room most of the time. Photos in the flower room for hash production.

The lung room is totally dark, so no worries about interrupting the light cycle.:wink:

4 Likes

I don’t think I need the extra light. image I could use some advice. Help

6 Likes

What kind of advice you looking for? Can’t tell much from the pic.

2 Likes

It was a house. It was a joke. It is kinda small

3 Likes

Oh lol. I get it now. Watch out for police helicopters :laughing:

2 Likes

One of those old school cop pictures. Trying to show that this is a grow house. I never understood that part of it. They might be cold. The heat might be turned up.

3 Likes

They would also look for the one house in the neighbourhood that didn’t have snow on the roof.

And wicked power consumption. What if you’re a sculptor with a giant kiln?

“It’s just a big sauna officer.”
“Im from Trinidad and I hate the cold.”

:rofl:

3 Likes

"hey mista ofissa am from tri ni dad ya now man mi no like da coold

3 Likes

Oh yeah when you can buy a roll 50’ x 10’ panda film, and 3 tents for the same area size will run me $500.00-$800.00 coverage with tents, then oh hell year panda walls for the win!
It’s ugly, and working very well for me. I loved all 4 tents I ran for years…and every one had pin holes around the seems. And those fucking strings hanging around the zippers would make me nuts as you need to jerk them up and down to get them to work well.
A bic lighter cured the strings, and some lube on the zipper, helped OK.
As a younger man, I loved them.
As I got older, and reaching got more unbalanced for me, I gave it a lot of pondering time, and went to Panda, staple gun, scrap poles, and insulation to make relatively light tight areas, and LVT floor scraps.
I still have one tent I bought early last year, to hide some ladies from space invaders. That will soon be a nursery to feed the 3 areas.

10 Likes

I saw a guy who just put a curtain over his closet and no problems.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, there is honestly a method to my madness of hanging Panda. I do use a some more than most would. I did wrap each inside corner around to the center, so to speak. Then a nice big opening, with a single sheet, that extended out from each side by a couple of feet.
Each area is on it’s own timer, and each set on/off time is different.
But I love the damned thing so far.

1 Like

Yes I imagine the film gives you lots of flexibility to design your own space.

1 Like

I had a light leak - I am hoping it was this that was causing hermie issues
caused hermie issues - I was is sure that there was no light leak {Tent is in this room}…
I had zero hermies for decades, then they started appearing, but only in certain plants, not all.
North West facing, lights off 11.30am~23.30pm

This was 11.30am.

2 Likes

Re ‘‘Getting older’’…I’m 60 plus now, female, and really notice how ‘balance’ is affecting me- especially looking up on a stepladder.

I am having to get my son to pop over to help me re~cover a tall window with blackout sheeting-
As a person in my 30’s, balance and strength was good, covering that window was no problem.

Humping compost and pots about is much harder now {arthritis}

The elastic supple flexibility of youth has gone…

3 Likes