Showing off how it started (Afghan Kush Auto)

Thanks man, glad to know!

1 Like

The growth has been pretty rapid, and I’m curious to know your thoughts. Any of you familiar with the Afghan Kush Auto strain? How does mine compare?

Here’s my setup:

Seed: Growers Choice Seeds (heard mixed reviews, but decided to give it a shot.)
Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Light: Viparspectra LED lights
Nutrients: Using the Fox Farm trio – Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom
The leaves are looking lush and green, and the buds are starting to show some promising signs. But, you know how it is – always good to get a second opinion from the community.

What do you think?

8 Likes

So, I’ve been dabbling in different strains, but this Afghan Kush Auto has got me excited. The ease of growing with these autos is a game-changer for anyone looking for a chill grow without the fuss.

Seeds, you ask? Yep, you guessed it - snagged these babies from Growers Choice Seeds. Now, I know they’ve got a bit of a hit-or-miss rep, but I’ve been pretty pleased with their policies.

The setup is pretty straightforward – a cozy 3x3 tent, Mars Hydro lights doing their magic, and of course, rocking the fabric pots for that extra breathability.

10 Likes

Just wanted to share the latest chapter in my cannabis grow. Meet my green baby, the Afghan Kush Auto, courtesy of Growers Choice Seeds – those guys really know their stuff!

So, this Afghan Kush Auto, it’s been a game-changer for me. Planted her weeks back, and she’s been thriving in my little corner of green paradise. I gotta say, Growers Choice Seeds did me right with this one – solid genetics, and the germination was smoother than a freshly rolled joint.

The ease of growing this strain is a blessing for us casual cultivators. I mean, we all love a plant that practically takes care of itself, right? Especially for those of us with a few other things going on in our lives (job, family, you know).

The aroma sneaking out of my tent is already giving me those anticipatory chills. Any tips from you experienced growers on maximizing the terpene profile for Afghan Kush Auto? I want this one to be a real olfactory delight.

8 Likes

How big is the tent she’s filling? :thinking:

And…why not wrap this all into one post?
A thread of your own! That way us simple folk can keep track. :wink:

:peace_symbol::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hey man! The tent’s a cozy 4x4. Good idea on the thread, gonna check how to do it tho, I don’t know why but I always find my self confused navigating here lol

Just like you’re doing now. You got it.
This topic right here is a great place!
If you’d like, I’ll link your other threads when I have more time.
:wink:

1 Like

appreciate! thanks man!

1 Like

Here’s some links so we can find it all in one place.
:wink:

Just finished my first round with Afghan Kush Auto, and let me tell you, I’m all over the moon to have successfully grow this baby. Now, onto the next steps – drying and curing time. Any tips or thoughts on how to kickstart this stage? Picked up the tent and lighting off Amazon, and the seeds were from Grower’s Choice Seeds for the killer seeds!

8 Likes

I would give them more time.

6 Likes

Yeah you should try and let the plant/s finish up properly, you will have better weed AND more of it. It looks like you have taken it too early. ?!

See how the pistils ( white ‘hairs’. ) are still there - a decent amount of them, too.

I’m assuming that you followed the stated breeder times of finishing from your seed packet. ?
IF you still have any growing, wait until most of the pistils are either brown or receding into the calyxes - there’s a thread here for posting your plants pics and asking if they’re done or not.

Good luck with your next project.
Gaz.

3 Likes

here it is
Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice :cherry_blossom:
What method do you use to determine if your buds are done drying and ready for cure?

2 Likes

Most auto are marketed as truly 70 days from seed to harvest,that Is quite untrue in most of the strains.I have had true 70 days seed to harvest autos and believe me I had to let them finish at least a week more,max 3 more.
Chances are she Is still in the ripening phase/finishing.
I Ve taken auto to 100 and more days and they just keep shooting new growth
From that picture I would Say about 20ish days more

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip, man! Absolutely, can I aim for 3-4 weeks more before chopping? I’m a total newbie, so I appreciate all the guidance!

1 Like

Yes that’s a good guess. But don’t guess. She’ll tell you. Or ask us again in 2-3 weeks and we’ll tell you :+1:

2 Likes

Hey gaz! Thanks for the advice! I might have jumped the gun on harvesting. Learning as I go. Appreciate the tip about waiting for the pistils to brown or recede. Will definitely check out the thread for more guidance. Good luck for your future grows too! :wink:

2 Likes

Wanting to harvest 2 weeks early is completely normal. But don’t do it. It’s new, you’re excited, it’s all good, but give them the time they need :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks, man! I’ll be sure to check back in 2-3 weeks for the big reveal. Appreciate your response!

2 Likes

100% I am learning here.

2 Likes