SLH whit Athena Pro

I hope everyone has a great day, it’s my first post here.
I am an apprentice grower, I am in the flowering stage of a Super Lemon Haze clone (bsf seeds)

The growing medium is coconut :coconut:

Nutrients are Athena Pro

I’m on day #2 of bloom and I’m sticking with the veg Core/Grow base for a few days, then moving on to Core/Bloom.

pH 5.5
EC 2.0

13 Likes

Welcome @ocean.grower . You might want to visit this thread when you have a chance…
Introduce Yourself @OG
Got any pics of your set up?
5.5 ph is on the low end for coco. I think most will say 5.8 - 6.2 is where you want to be in coco

4 Likes

Im outta likes but welcome. Thanks for joining!

2 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow!

I’ve been thinking about Athena Pro lately…wondering how it would compare to Jacks…I know Athena is quite a bit more expensive, but seems to produce a quality product!

For Coco I too run my pH higher @ 5.8-6.0

Alaskagrown

5 Likes

My dear Floy first of all I want to say that I appreciate that you are here helping me, I was up late last night browsing here I read many of your posts :pray:

I just came from [Intro Yourself @OG ] thanks for letting me know about that.

Last night when I made the post I thought I had “loaded/uploaded an image” now I do it and I comment what I am using.

I was irrigating with 5.8 ph, my runoff was 6.2 ph, the next day it went up to 6.3 ph and I decided to irrigate with 5.5 ph to try to lower the runoff ph

2 Likes

thank you very much, greetings :pray:

1 Like

Greetings alskagrow, it’s good that you’re here.

I know Jacks 321 only from reading on forums and apparently it is very popular.
I am from Argentina and there the only thing that is known is AN and Grotek.
I am currently in Mexico and here I met GH, Botanicare, Athena etc, I think that here in Mexico there are no Jacks 321.

What I found very good about athena is that there are few products and personally I like to manage with few products, I was using advanced nutrients in vegetation (micro/Grow/Bloom ph perfect) but the ph of my water tank always began to climb and climb.

A few weeks ago I started using Athena and the pH of my water tank always stays the same.
And I’m just using Core/Grow , nothing else.
At the moment the plant is healthy.

2 Likes

(I hope you can post the image)

This is all I have:
An indoor of 83cmX83cmx1600cm
Led : Viparspectra 600A
fan :rofl:

The indoor is inside my room and I try to maintain a good temperature with the help of the air conditioning.

The pot I’m using I think is approximately 20lts.

11 Likes

Day 6 flowering

The stretch began.

I am applying a manual irrigation of 1L of water when the lights come on, I am going to try applying another irrigation about 6 hours to arrive with optimal humidity the next day.

Current irrigation:
Ph: 5.8
EC: 2.0

12 Likes

Day 15 flowering.

On day 7 I did a defoliation. On day 8 a bit of LST.

Irrigation is manual and applies 2 daily irrigations, when the lights come on, water with 1.5 liters and obtain 20% runoff, and the next irrigation is 4 hours before the lights go out.

Core/Flowering

Ce: 2.0

7 Likes

Hello for everyone

Update:

Day 21 Bloom.

I did a defoliation, after the defoliation I lowered the intensity of the Light to 25%, I plan to keep the light that way for about 2 or 3 days until it recovers.

My little experience tells me that the plant comes in handy, without shortages or excesses, to be my first time in coconut I feel very happy.

The cultivation cabinet is 1.60 meters high, I think it will be very small for the height of the plant, in a few days a new cultivation cabinet of 120cm x 120cm x 200cm arrives.

PH 5.8

EC 2.0

I hope everyone is well, hugs.

10 Likes

Looks good, I find that defoliation seems to speed growth of my ladies, I don’t turn my lights back at all in that stage (21days) unless I see signs of light stress. As far as your 1.6 meter ceiling, you can always bend and otherwise inhibit the height of your plants.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment, never used defoliation, this is in my first time and I sincerely find excellent results.

Lowering the light intensity is only a precaution haha.

Thank you for your time, hugs!

2 Likes

Hello to everyone.

Update:

The bad news is that the plant was reaching the led panel.

The good news is that my new indoor arrived (120 cm x 120 cm x 200cm)

And the new Mars Hydro panel. So we’ll see how it continues.

In the morning I will be sharing photos of the plant and the new indoor.

7 Likes

Bloom day 30 update:

Athena nutrients (Bloom)

Ec 2.0

Runoff: Ph 6.1 - EC 2.3/ 2.6 approx.

I received my new indoor and also new Mars Hydro SP 1000 led panel, the previous closet was being too small for the plant, now I have an extra few centimeters.

Now I can tell you with certainty that during the day it temperature is 28C and during the night 24C, Humidity during the day 60% approx and at night %50.

The waterings are manual I occupy 1 liter of water by watering, 3 times a day (sometimes more, when I can)

11:00 am - 1 liter

14:00 hs - 1 liter

21:00 hs - 1 liter

The first watering is done at 11:00 am when the Licea lights turn on, and the last watering of the day is at 9:00 pm, two hours before the Lights go out (23:00 pm)

For work reasons I can water only 3 times a day, I think that a watering enters at 17:00 it would be perfect.

9 Likes

You can tweak jacks to a formula similar to athenas. Check out green gene on youtube he has good info on jacks

2 Likes

Plant is looking good @ocean.grower…glad to see you lower pH @5.8….have you noticed any difference with the Lower pH?

@Soonami

I’ve messed around with different ratios with jacks…but always go back to 1:.67 or 1:.6….(1:.67 is very close to 3-1-4-2-1 or 150-50-200-100-50)been using Jacks for well over 10 year’s. I’m pretty handy with Hydrobuddy(spreadsheet based nutrient calculator) as well…

Alaskagrown

1 Like

@Soonami I’m going to search YouTube for what you’re talking about, it sounds interesting.

Browsing forums I met the “jacks” brand and here in Mexico I can get, I think in the future I will buy them and try them

@Alaskagrown Of course, with the PH at 5.8 the first impression was in the shade of the leaves, a very good green, sign of good nutrition, thank you

1 Like

[quote=“Alaskagrown, post:17, topic:73205”]
I’ve messed around with different ratios with jacks…but always go back to 1:.67 or 1:.6….(1:.67 is very close to 3-1-4-2-1 or 150-50-200-100-50)
[/quote

Don’t mean to thread jack but wanted to ask @Alaskagrown, do you run these numbers in coco coir?

3 Likes

Yes the same for coco, peat-moss, dwc, aeroponics…all mediums and all grow styles I use the same nutrients and ratio’s.

EDIT: In coco sometimes I run the Epsom Salt(Magnesium Sulfate) a little stronger(10-20 ppm) and the 1:.67 ratio containing more Calcium…but it runs the N a bit higher as well…a 1:.6 ratio will added Calcium Carbonate is better! :wink:

2 Likes