Small Reservoir Ideas

Hello. Hoping someone might have a creative idea for a small reservoir. Looking for something between 5-7 gallons that’s more space efficient than a bucket. It’s for inside a 2x4 grow tent for an automated watering system. Thanks for any ideas.

4 Likes

Why don’t you just cut a hole in the side of your tent and you can locate it outside your growing area AND maybe even fit an extra plant in that space???

5 Likes

As esr says outside will save you the most space but check out what @Mr.Sparkle does with his automation, you can have a relatively low profile water storage below and plants ontop of the res

3 Likes

I use a 27 gallon tote with a lid from Home Depot

4 Likes

I run a full rdwc system from outside a tent. 4 30l buckets inside and a control bucket outside. I had to put a few holes in the tent to accommodate the system but I just put a black towel over the entrance holes. Work for me 🤷

8 Likes

Most tents come with the vent holes down the bottom which should do so no cutting is really needed i would have thought.

4 Likes

Depends on the tent and the system. If your cheap and I know you are :rofl: holes are necessary to accommodate the pipework.

12 Likes

Jesus. That salt build up isn’t seen until a flash hits it. :flushed:

7 Likes

Limited space and a sensitive wife… gotta have it in the box :pensive:

3 Likes

Thats where esr wins, mine has to hoover n clean around my tent :joy:

2 Likes

Give her blow backs while she’s asleep until its a necessity she has thc in her system :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The thing with having a rez inside your tent is the solution temperatures. Your inviting root rot into your system. My advice is run sterile. Look into poolshock and cannabis.
Personally I’d just bin the woman :rofl:

3 Likes

Someone turned me onto this but for $80 not exactly appealing at that price, might just be stuck with a bucket but I did like that stacked reservoir idea of I can find one.

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=136633&v1=&v7=&gclid=CjwKCAjwkaSaBhA4EiwALBgQaHsgYExGUXP699I7TeSuE7PL5Hh3jQClTC1EY1DHjmezm_UQxIjfyhoCgy4QAvD_BwE

She obviously doesn’t smoke as no stoner I know doesn’t fall asleep with the sound of a hoover :rofl:

2 Likes

Temps need to be 20c or less to stop root rot. I run a fishtank chiller that’s also located outside the tent. Bro I think you need to read up on growing cannabis. I understand that we call it “weed” but it takes a lot of time, money and effort to get it right.

2 Likes

What about under it?

That’s what I’m thinking now. I’m looking for a container that I could use as a rez that will fit in a 2x4 and maximize the space, not a lot of options for this size space.

41YtEwrSpCL hydroponic-system

7 Likes

Thank you! This is what I need!

1 Like

These are great! They are worth the money and are quite simple to setup when you got the hang of it…

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

Do you have a light already and how tall is your grow tent?