Snowhigh gear problems?

I used 2 new sponges so I dont get fiber plus there stay damp for slittle longer
Old hippy showed me that

Yes you’ll hear as well as feel it crack .

1 Like

Yo I just seen that too I might try that out!

Sweet! I might try that method out on a few of them. I won the beans at an auction on IG. I mentioned the beans haven’t popped. He felt bad about the situation so he sent me the rest of the pack.

2 Likes

Alrighty fellas, I got the last 9 beans. Scuffed them up in some sandpaper for a few seconds.
The first 10 beans looked dark with tiger stripes, these are a little lighter. This time I put them in some bottled water, on a small heat mat, also transferred the first set of 10 into a separate bottle.
Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

You would think so, but in nature seeds get wet and then dry out all the time. Some seeds need wet/dry cycles to germinate, though these are generally landrace seeds…

Yes you can hear a faint cracking sound. You can see the seed split open too. Make sure the seams of the seeds are up/down when in the vice grips. In other words, put the seam of the seeds facing the metal so the seed will split and not crush.
Definitely raise your temperature too.

1 Like

Thanks for that! I’ll leave the first initial 10 in the water bottle for maybe 2/3 days if nothing happens I’ll let them dry out then try again after a scuffing. I’ll probably end up cracking half.

On another note I just noticed your name is upstate. Do you that Cuban black haze lol

1 Like

In my experience, most landraces and crosses require calcium from the get go. Everything from the Afghans, Saipan and their crosses, to the purple haze Malawi. I take a solo cup, fill with about an inch or so with water. 2drops of calcium, I drop Urb natural, 2 drops dr. Zymes. Add 3% store bought peroxide after the first 24hrs, then every 12hrs after. Give this a try, and let me know if it works!!!

1 Like

Okay after over 7days of them being in a napkin, then water. I followed y’all’s instructions on cracking the seeds… took it a step further and pulled the “embryos” out of the seeds and putting them into water

5 Likes

I had problems with snowhighs beans and gave up. I threw them in the recycling soil bin and what do you know a week later I saw that all of them had sprouted. They were all stretched out but I managed to save them.
I also had some old early 90’s beans from Mexican bag seeds and they also didn’t sprout and manually cracked half and de hulled the other half as you did. The de hulled ones never survived just rotted and the cracked ones sprouted but days later stalled and died. I don’t think de hulling the seeds are a good idea unless you have a very sterile environment or maybe best for tissue culture only. Good luck with the sprouting.

3 Likes

Gives credence to @JohnnyPotseed ’s sprouting method right there. Also, OP, thanks for bringing this up. I have a bunch of SH gear waiting in the wings and will take special measures.

3 Likes

That sounds awful man, I’m disappointed, sad face

1 Like

Yeah man be careful how you sprout then I haven’t had any luck. I’ll be putting them in soil today.
I’ll update how many make it. I have 19 beans in the water

@Jbug here some shots of the ones that I saved from the recycled soil. Got a few more phenos but don’t wanna clutter up ur post. It’s well worth trying to pop his gear. Super clear high with a earthy spicy taste and a hint of citrus on the exhale on some phenos. Very clean come down almost don’t notice it.

Snowhigh’s Shadow Lao.

19 Likes

Go ahead and clog it all up man I don’t mind. I’ll be transferring the beans into soil today

Got some snow gear. Personally I find it best to just leave the seeds in water until they Crack. Might have to scuff em first the just let the water do its thing.

3 Likes

Also like @Juno I’ve most anything germs in my compost and worm bins.

3 Likes

They never sprouted. No biggie, I won’em at an auction

3 Likes

Hi all,

I just got 10/10 with Guerrero green x Michoacán gpb.

0/10 on Heroine. 5/10 were cracked with woodshed bean cracker and the rest were soaked and direct sewed into soil on a heat mat. He did include a bunch of freebies in this one so hopefully I can get some to crack and make f2’s. I’ll try scuffing and some of the kelp/ful Uc acid tips I’ve seen on here next time.

4 Likes

I already screwed up one full pack of Snows gear. (Makes me feel better that even the Freakers have struggles with it at times)

Is sand paper or cracking going to be more effective?

Will it hurt to do both? I’m really looking forward to running this zoot suit (for seed and hopefully an OG kush keeper) , these seeds are just too damn expensive to keep getting 0% germ rates.

2 Likes