(complete) Snowhigh Quicksilver Seed Run

What’s crack’n OG?

Quicksilver beans crack’n over here!

Shout out to @HappyTrees23s - the worm casting germ method suggested is first to the party.

Not only did they crack first but once transplanted to soil they were the first two to poke their heads up. If the beans on the worm castings, the 2 to sprout first were also scuffed in a sandpaper matchbox.

I’ll keep an eye on everything and try to keep the best notes I can, but so far I see about 5 poking through the medium with another 2-3 that have just cracked on the worm castings, I’ll let them get their tails out before moving to soil.

Have a great weekend y’all

53 Likes

DO IT! BEFORE S.T.A.L.K.E.R. REINSTALL YOU!!!

4 Likes

Looking good in the germination department.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

So they are just laying ontop of the worm castings, not burried shallow in them?

3 Likes

Yes he had me lay them on top of moist worm castings on a heating pad, covered. Then transplant before they root themselves in the castings, and to leave the seed shell / helmet at the top and not buried in the soil. They seemed to take off quicker than the rest for me!

16 Likes

I know this one is just starting but, please read the rules in the OP or here.

HOW TO SIGN UP FOR A CO-OP SEED RUN
HOW DOES THE CO-OP BOX WORK
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT TRUST LEVEL I AM
WIKI EDITING AND STEPS

Please read documents linked above prior to signing up.

If you overwrite someone your name will be removed and you will lose access to this signup.

If you sign up anyone other then yourself all names added will be removed and you will lose access to this signup.
*People whose names have been added to the list by others without their knowledge can still sign up themselves *

25 Likes

Where’s the wiki at? :slight_smile: (While sitting back wringing hands and drooling) lol

5 Likes

Thanks @G-paS !

I think I’ll hold on the wiki until I have a better idea how many seeds to expect. I’d rather under commit and have extra than the alternative.

11 Likes

I was just reading about this technique.

3 Likes

No wiki, it just started. This is just a heads up on people needing to read before the time to sign up.

6 Likes

Oh nice ! I’m so glad you decided to give that method a try. I can’t wait to see how the rest of your grow goes !

Sending good vibes to you and your beans

:v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Curious about the Quicksilver!.. added thread on watch list.

Have a good grow @Elpolloloco

2 Likes

(on the day the sign-up opens…)

People:

ezgif.com-gif-maker(52)

7 Likes

We have lift off :blush:

10 showing first leaves and 3 more slowly thinking of coming up, plus the three I started earlier.

35 Likes

I must add the three that have a head start smell great already.

Upping the IPM there is a little leaf damage but no sign of pest. I slacked on them for the holidays a bit but think we are looking good.

40 Likes

Popping a catchers squat and watching.lol. Great run great strains

2 Likes

I’ve got a great feeling about this

4 Likes

I’d say they’re looking great! Nice and green and those sexy serrations. :heart_eyes:

What are the smells you’re getting from them?

4 Likes

Thanks bud.

I May not win an eloquence award for this description but I’m getting real strong smell from at least one that I could only describe as pineapple funky dank.

One of those smells that would bring a smile to most all our faces as soon as we smell it :blush:

I’m excited and hope it continues down that path!

I decided to pull the last of the soil cups and plugs that had yet to sprout. They all had several wet/dry cycles at this point and been on the heat mat so they all had a fair shot.

I have about 7 seedlings that I’m confident in, another one that is hopefull, and 2 miracle babies that i’m rooting for. In addition to the three vegging I’m confident we will have some good examples in the mix!

44 Likes

In the end, what germination method turned out to be most effective for this stock?

I’d love to hear a summary of the different methods you tried, and a detailed walkthrough of the most successful method.

I had a bunch of similarly old snowhigh seeds that I tried to preserve, but I wasn’t able to get a single one to germinate. Tried everything I could think of and exhausted the stock with no success.

I’m hoping to replicate your success here, the seeds came out of the exact same grow. whatever worked for you may work for me on other tough to germ lines.

15 Likes