Soiltechs Swamp Hunt - Tiger Mint Kush

Apologies my response took much longer than I had planned. Finally found a moment to make a quick update:

Everything has been cured up and in jars.

Seeds have been shucked and labeled with their specific parents.

I’ve been smoking this Kush since they were first jarred up. I began sorting the jars by most loud to the least - basically 3 sections. Loud medium and lame. I will likely dismiss most of the lame jars and the seeds will not be used to further the line. I have an idea about that ‘cough syrup’ almost a sickly sweet fruit smell, I can pick it up on a few jars for sure. I’m certain that comes through with the Mexican male used- as he’ had an indistinguishable potent lemon candy nose - which has proven to be a great pairing to a ride range of noses.

The smoke has been enjoyable across the board, a few real heavy smokes which have gotten my attention and some pretty basic — I’d say overall a very pleasant smoke with a comforting hug feeling in most cases. That same feeling you get from a hot chocolate on a cold day- I find the Chunky Mint Kush is like a warm blanket hug in the best sense.

My favourite stones have grabbed my skull and gave it a good hug. It’s been real tough to standardize my ‘tests’ in anyway. Comparisons can only be done from what I remember about the day before… and this is based on how I feel from day to day. Currently I try to smoke one strain a day. It has been tough to distinguish differences between some - but others have stood out thankfully. And the more appealing I have distinguished and set aside. Selections will be what I remember about it’s stone paired with only the loudest jars and most appealing look.

Here are some bud shots in no order - I am going through some small thumb nails I cant make out which are which - so enjoy the dump of pics:

If anyone has looked through this thread and has their eye on a plant they want more info on I should have more than enough notes and will be happy to share the seed. These are f3 - most tiger striped seeds come through the ‘crinkle’ plants. The majority of the other seeds are solid in colour.

Please reach out if you’d like to get your hands on any seeds - I’ve got about 100 seeds for each plant.

@BasementBeans your packs are selected I just need a moment to get em shipped.

10 Likes

Sheesh dude! You’ve done an awesome job documenting all of this. Looking forward to picking your brain on which direction you think I should take the F4’s in.

I haven’t smoked any of this stuff in a while, I am very excited to be doing the F4 work. Looking like a late February start for those! Hoping we’ve eliminated those intersex traits, I’d be happy to be “done” with this one after the F4’s and move on to the next project :grin::v:

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch, was a real fun hunt and I enjoyed the whole process immensely.

Won’t have to pick my brain too much, I just sent a package your way with some labeled flower samples paired with their seed. Passing the /challenge on.

Headed your way are some top cola and some lowers, about 12 out of the 35 females. It’s hasn’t been the easiest task for me to sort through / but I’ve sent you some of what I believe I be stars of the show. Will send you photos of each plant with the males used for the seed once that package lands.

Included are a couple packs from my purple project as well as the TMK x Pure Michigan’s I had made with this hunt.

The selections sent were the ones I had enjoyed the potency and or the terps. I’m certainly going to revisit these genetics again and again - I foresee a production run of or the f5’s and I’d be keen to see how far we can take it. No rush or course and I don’t have any expectations - but I have forged a bit of bond with this TMK. Been smoking it almost exclusively for the last two months and have yet to get bored of its smoke.

4 Likes

What an impressive report !

It’s inspiring. And reminds me my outdoor guerrilla sessions. With mosquittoes trying to sting throught my clothes.

Though I wasn’t alone. So, big UP to you dude. I wish I will get to this level of commitment in the future.

Thanks @BasementBeans for telling us about @Soiltech 's journal.

Best wishes for '24.

3 Likes

I can’t believe I missed this either.

Absolutely fantastic and inspirational! Tough conditions and incredible progress in a single season, beautiful plants. Great job documenting the selections and grow.

Looking forward to seeing the upcoming season :grinning::+1::+1::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Just shucked up some Tiger Mint Kush x Violetta f3’s. - free fat pack postage paid to the next comment. :call_me_hand:

This mother was quite gassy. Hands still stinky*

7 Likes

I will pass on the beans as I have too much of my own making on my plate. Just wanted to know if you will be running a similar grow outdoor this year? Love the hoop growing

3 Likes

Please Private Message your Addy, in all fairness you’re the next post to the thread - I’d love to ship you a pack of these and maybe a bit more selections.

I’ll be sure to add a pack or two of swamp made beans from last season to boot.

I’ve got a good selection of plants going out in the swamp houses now! Aiming to keep up with posting as well.

6 Likes

Nice looking beans! I love your swamp approach too! I used to grow on islands in swamps.

1 Like

Those are some huge foxtails there in the background of the photo above! ROFLMAO

Seriously, I love your grow! d8JBdDJ

1 Like