Irie Genetics "Blue Raspberry Truffle" seed repro, thank you for supplying @JustANobody

Strain: Blue Raspberry Truffle
Breeder: Irie Genetics
Supplier: JustANobody
https://www.iriegenetics.com/genetics/regular/blue-raspberry-truffle/

This is my first time working with any of IrieGenetics’ gear, and I am honored to have been asked to reproduce them. I was expecting to start them a bit later this month buuttt… yeah not happening. They arrived today and I’m dropping them tonight, I just cannot wait.

In my process I soak the seeds in hydrogen peroxide for an hour to clean the seed surface and start to soften the shell. After their peroxide bath it’s into distilled water for the next 24 hours. Some say the extra steps are unnecessary, and for them they may be, but this is what has been working for me so far.

I dropped all five seeds given as to have the greatest genetic diversity i have available, and unless there is something seriously jacked up about them there will be no culling till after pollination.

Awe little ones playing in the water

Please forgive my using the “selfie” camera, it’s the only way for me to get clear pics. The other camera is broken.

60 Likes

I can’t wait! You’ll do great.I’m hoping there will be a bunch to pass around.

12 Likes

Awesome! Hoping for an epic harvest of beans! Very cool guys, I’m down for the grow show

8 Likes

Watching this one!
ezgif-3-4a9bc2e07e

12 Likes

Damn meme had me mesmerized! Little too much CDLC ? Haha I was froze there staring for a minute or two :eyes:

3 Likes

Great run I was reading the description and it will be interesting to see the different phenos they talk about in this journal. :seedling:

3 Likes

hmmm

7 Likes

following along and good luck on this run. I know a couple people who ran this strain and loved it.

2 Likes

Blue Rapberry Truffle??? I’ll be watching from the sidelines. Can’t wait to see these babies grow out.

2 Likes

I know sprouting and germination pics are discouraged but this is for documentation.

The seeds got a little longer soak than i normally do, long day at work, racked out early. So this morning the seeds were transferred to the paper towel and put in their bag. Three of them had already popped while in the soak.

No tails just yet, but the ride has started!

10 Likes

Cleaning up in preparation of the new batch. They will be grown in my 4x4 under a Spider Farmer SE1000W, but as I’m not in a sealed room I can’t see the expenditure of Co² to crank it to 1000 so 600w max.

Keep it clean, keep it happy!

8 Likes

Ok, so I’m not the best documentarian. Checked on the babies last night to find tails ranging from ~⅜if an inch to an inch and a half. All 5 popped and were placed, individually into #1 nursery pots in a 70%coco, 20%vermiculite, 10%perlite And 2 teaspoons of Grow Dots. Fortified with calcium and drenched in Recharge. The one pic i got while planting was just the last seed. But she’s got a pretty good tail on her

Now we just need them to poke their heads out

10 Likes

We have activity! Not the best of news but some good. We have 2 that are struggling. One more so than the other, but the other 3 are up, open and working on their primary leaves

Ones already trying to flex :laughing: probably a dude.

13 Likes

So we’re down to 4 and probably only 3. The one struggling the hardest just straight up died. And the other struggler seems to be following. The other 3 are doing pretty well. I’ve got one who’s whose taking it’s time, and one that’s in a hurry. Sorry my hair got in the shot.

8 Likes

3 can get it done! 1 male and 2 female would be awesome!

1 Like

Oh wow thought I had updated a few days ago, apparently I only dreamed it, I don’t know.

I’ve never been one to throw in the towel prematurely on… pretty much anything. Most of the time it ends in regret, loss, and a whole bunch of wasted energy, but then there are times where it all pays off

So whatcha think? I think number 4 has got a chance(furthest to the right) Starting on its first split leaves! (The little cups are personal strains)

9 Likes

Probably a female, slow and steady. Looks like a winner to me!

4 Likes

How are these ladies doing?

Sorry, I have been wrapped up in the seed harvest but I think they are doing well. Ol flexo up front there is still doing (I’m pretty sure his) thing and little number 4 back there is still struggling a bit and the other 2 are looking good

6 Likes

No need to apologize man, life happens and it’s getting to be a busy time of year. Looking healthy.