Solar storm hitting Earth could produce northern lights in the U.S

When do we expect the rest of the show @BeTheLight ? I’m ready for that CE. :sunglasses::fist:

12 Likes

I thought I was just seeing shit at first, but folks all around are posting photos from the peach state. Faint white lines and purple haze.

Left photo is more what it looks like, phone took a bit of liberties with the purples on the right.

8 Likes

Posted these elsewhere but I want everyone to see them. It was unfuckingbelievable, on shrooms I couldn’t believe my eyes. The camera saw it too so it was just a fascinating experience.

12 Likes

It’s beautiful and exciting but it somehow has this Mount Vesuvius vibe.
Just say’n.

2 Likes

I did have an uneasy feeling, certainly wasn’t expecting to see anything so far south. The sun has unleashed an attack on the planet and we just stare at it in awe.

4 Likes

@Rhino_buddy The show starts when the BZ is Negative

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/real-time-solar-wind

SO RIGHT NOW

3 Likes

looks awesome, will be covered by clouds again for me tonight, ugh…

1 Like

Not exactly an aurora but thought it might have something to do with this big beautiful rainbow I seen. Never seen one so full and bright before, had to take pics of it in sections to capture all of it. I was so high at the time, I was half tempted to go see where it went and get my pot o gold… :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

from my friend’s deck last night. should be equally as impressive tonight… Cariboo/Chilcotin area , BC , Canada

9 Likes

The thread I started last night.
I am ready for tonight, can’t wait for the show to start again.

Was so damn cool to see it from our yard. Tonight is supposed to be even better, but of course the rain and clouds are going to ruin it for us tonight. My oldest sister is a flight attendant for United. She was working on a flight in Alaska a few years ago and got a really cool picture of the NL from the sky.

6 Likes

I’m aggravated I missed this last night. I was planning to go outside to see them and forgot. The photos I’ve seen from friends look amazing. It’s something I’ve always wanted to experience.

I went out to see if I could see them tonight but of course it’s too cloudy. lol. I might try to check again later if I don’t fall asleep, or if I wake up during the night.

3 Likes

Will there be any seeds made?

1 Like

1030 pm here and clear skies… not seeing them yet tonight but I’ll be up for a while yet
hopng for a bigger display tonight due to the x5 class flare

1 Like

I remember seeing them in Montana on family vacations as a kid. Pretty spectacular. Glad some of you folks got a good viewing. Might be good mojo for poppin’ seeds? I’ll say yes.

2 Likes

Aurora Seeds… that sounds awesome

3 Likes

Gonna be hit or miss. Though the latest flares are larger, it was not directly aimed at us.
Many variables.

2 Likes

ya i’m not seeing much tonight yet. perfect night for it though

2 Likes

the recent CMES might hit around 4am est. no promises though !

Lots of green, big rip tonight :stuck_out_tongue: ( for the south. I bet canada is still having a blast rn )

1 Like