So whose house can I come to April 8th

I have got 3 pairs of “eclipse” glasses and fat party sacks

11 Likes

Man I think Gods calling this country to repentance with all these eclipses, all the paths draw hebrew letters, the first and last one to be specific. interesting stuff. !!! I saw the last one here in georgia with like 90 percent coverage

3 Likes

Where you at

east coast

Whoa, crazy. Is there a map of this?

1 Like

Eh I forget how it was explained though, it was brought to my attention when I was watching a podcast style video

Oh and whats crazier is the 2017 one goes through all the cities called Salem in North America , this 2024 one will go through all the Ninevehs… sign of Jonah anyone?! like man. Really is those times it seems.

3 Likes

3 Likes

You know. 2017 was the first… 2024 is the second since 1776 in the span of 6 years.

Oh and even more crazy… the exact Years, months, weeks and days from the two eclipses is 6 years, 6 months, 6 weeks, 6 days.

6 Likes

This says six years, seven months, and eighteen days?

I’m not in the zone of totality or whatever it’s called, but the sun is supposed to be 95+% eclipsed?

I was thinking about driving to get closer, but word on the street is it’s gonna be a shitshow. They’re letting school out early. Let’s hope the weather cooperates.

4 Likes

If ur only 95 yeh id drive , it would be worth it.

The next total solar eclipse that will pass over northern NE isn’t supposed to be till 2070 or something like that.

i took off work for two days and im ready to drive 6+ hours from LI

2 Likes

My wife and I have made plans to drive to Texas and center ourselves in the path of totality with a totality time of 4:20.

Ella is on constant loop.

3 Likes

St. Albans Vt. in the path of eclipse totality. Visitors expected.

Vermont SUCKS - Tell your friends!

6 Likes

Anything north of Massachusetts is terrible and no one should ever go there, ever.

6 Likes

vt may suck but st albans is cool as hell. it’s in wv though, the one i live in that is cool. it was named after the one in vt.

1 Like

finding patterns in things that don’t necessarily exist is called patternicity and i was just reading an article about it recently. they are still not 100% sure what causes it or why but they have some good ideas. another cool article i read just last night was about how being skeptical of news and “doing your own research” usually leaves us more susceptible to misinformation than less and that certain groups are capitalizing on that by using words and phrases that are associated with it to make it even more effective.

9 Likes

There is a pattern though, in the sense that all math follows a pattern. Its how we map out the galaxy and calculate where things were in the night sky at different points in history. Fascinating science, albeit way above my head…

Bit of a tangent, but I can’t imagine seeing an eclipse with no concept of the atmosphere or anything beyond it outside of religion. That’s why I find it fascinating. The precise math to get there is one thing, but the shock and awe of witnessing an eclipse with no context must have been a spiritual experience.

9 Likes

truly must have felt like ethereal.
Especially when some holy man told you it was caused because of your actions.

2 Likes

Hah love this, man. We already have warnings of highway shutdowns where I’m at. Right in the path and near a national park. :dizzy_face: I can only assume how crowded it’ll be…

3 Likes