Some concerns about how legit my seeds are.

Great Lakes Genetics also has killer deals. I’ve also found some breeders will see to you directly and they tend to hook it up big time as well.

4 Likes

It looks like you want some classic strains in auto form but if I may ask, why not just grow proper regs so you can get them pure?

5 Likes

Adding a tidbit of info here - you’ll much more often find breeders crossing with an established autoflower of a different strain to get the ruderalis genetics. The wild ruderalis plants have a lot of traits that are usually considered undesirable (low yield, major stretch, others) and it takes quite a bit of breeding to get those genes out of the line. Much fewer generations are needed to make a cross with an existing autoflower that has similar traits to the strain you’re trying to bring over & then breed back toward that strain.

5 Likes

You can buy bodhi, doc, strayfox, jaws, etc for your budget all at @Great_lakes_Genetics who is a sponsor here and are as reliable as it gets. OR participate and signup for any of the seedruns here. Also tons of kind hearted motherfuckers in this forum willing to give out.

9 Likes

Now you have been “Blessed from ON-High”, whether you know it or not. DON’T WAIT, get to sending that DM!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Unless you make seeds Auto may be the most expensive way to go since once you grow it’s gone along with the original parent and you will need to buy more for another grow and unless it’s a worked auto you will quickly lose potency.

2 Likes

I do have plans to make my own crosses, and for example I have two young mexican red hair sativas(or what they are suppose to be they are blimburn so not sure) I am reversing 1 to seed the other since I have not gotten great germ rates with them, about 30% so I figure odds will be better with fresh seeds. Using 500ppm Collidal silver.

1 Like

My reason for wanting autos is they are much simpler, IMHO to grow, for someone new to cannabis like me. No topping needed, no Fimming needed, No super long veg period followed by an equally long flower period, No messing with changing the lights, and honestly, with my set up, the most important reason for autos, is that my tent is NOT light proof, if I turn the lights off in my room, I can see light coming out from the vents and the zippers, from what I have read, this can cause all kinds of problems with Photo Periods, but doesnt really effect autos at all. I cant really afford to buy/build a light proof grow area. So autos are the easiest way to avoid light stress issues. Also If I am being 100% honest, I like the much faster turn over rate on Autos.

3 Likes

Autos are harder for new growers, imo, because you have no time to fix your mistakes.

9 Likes

That is just more incentive to be careful and not make mistakes!

1 Like

While that’s a great attitude, it’s not realistic.

5 Likes

Most of the reasons you spoke of are optional. No need to top, fimm or have long veg periods. Some go 12/12 right from seed. That said, if you are after autos, go for it. I have run autos and have no issues with them, was just curious really. Best of luck finding what you are looking for. :v:

8 Likes

Even if you have say, “real” lemon haze; you may not like the phenotype you grew. It may be nothing like what was described. Also, smell and taste is very relative. Most “cheese” strains smell like old vomit to me.

1 Like

The main issue is to avoid stunting early growth. That’s where most people screw up autos

5 Likes

All of these are just inferior versions of whatever strain you’re choosing. I’d recommend Moroccan Beldia as it is semiauto and really easy to grow.

2 Likes

AINT NUTHIN TO IT BUT TO DO IT :metal: :wink:

If this helps at all. . … my dad bought some seeds from i49 SeedBank, totally unknown at least to us :man_shrugging: he gave me a OG Kush fem seedling, I grew it out and while I still doubt to this day if it was OG or Kush of any kind, it was a FANTATSTIC plant. I don’t regret having grown it even though like I said to this day I still highly doubt its pedigree. I kinda want to hit Pops up for some more of those beans, lol!!! :rofl:

5 Likes

Oh for sure for sure, I am smokin whatever I grow regardless of pedigree that is a given. I am sure that many of these that dark horse calls “Fake Seeds” can grow a great plant but if your trying to do a Green crack crossed with Crystal M.E.T.H, and the seeds you got end up actually being OG Kush and AK47, you are really not gonna get what your aiming for from the cross lol.

4 Likes

The truth is that you can never be 100% of the genetics that you get when you are buying seeds. The plants hardly ever look like their pictures and even with the biggest and most established seed companies you will often get 10 different plants from a pack. Imho, if you are broke, don’t want to pay $30 a seed and still want to grow some fire…. Hang out on OG a while, be involved, engaged and generally friendly and before long you will have more seeds than you can plant in a lifetime.

7 Likes

Well I am lovin the vibe here so Im not going anywhere anytime soon lol.

5 Likes

being concerned about how legit seeds are is a reasonable concern these days.
For myself I like to do some research before I buy anything. I don’t buy seeds from breeders I have not familiarized myself with. I stick to well known reputable seed banks and ignore all others no matter how cheap the seeds are. If I spent 100 bucks on a pack of 10 seeds these days from a reputable breeder through a reputable seed bank and I find one keeper in that pack of seeds… the 100 bucks was money well spent. If I spend 10 or 20 bucks on a pack of seeds and find no keepers it was money and valuable grow room space wasted. It’s not just the cost of those cheap seeds either. It’s the cost of growing them to find out , ie: nutrients, power, time. That said there are some cheap seeds out there that people find gold in but I don’t believe its the norm.
Autos are a realm of cannabis I can;t really speak to other than to say that there are some real breeders out there creating really nice autoflower lines that grow true to the breeders descriptions. You just have to spend the time finding those breeders, the platforms they engage on , be it forums like this or instagram or facecrack… which ever platform they and the growers who have bought and grown thier seed hang out on… so should you. After doing some research you can then forge ahead and spend money wisely on the seeds that suit your desires. I am really only “familiar” with one autoflower breeder and that is Aridbud from Afterthought Autos. I’ve been told by friend that twenty20 genetics also has some pretty killer autos. None are probably what the OP is looking for in terms of his list but are good breeders with excellent reputations for thier autos.
I started accumuating seed again in the latter part of 2015 after a 10 year abscence from the cannabis scene. I researched every breeder I have ever aquired seeds from and so far have not been met with any disappointments

9 Likes