Something wrong with my leaves - "snake pattern"

My leaves have been getting these weird snake like pattern dying Issues… Do I have a problem

4 Likes

I think they are leaf miners … :sunglasses:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/leaf-miner-control.htm

13 Likes

Thanks… I’ve been meaning to purchase some neem oil but I just been slipping my mind :man_facepalming:t5:

Captain Jacks dead bug it works
Had the same problem very difficult spray both top and underneath
@George your 100 % correct my friend

5 Likes

Yes, both. :joy_cat:

@George very Yes. :bug: :leafy_green: :pick: :herb:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Leaf Miner. You mentioned neem and that should be effective but you should remove at least that one leaf and any others that are badly damaged and destroy it.

7 Likes

Neem oil didn’t work for me
Had to break out the good stuff lol
It took a long time to kill

Good luck

Also clean out the tent really good

2 Likes

??? What’s the good stuff :eyes:

Let me know just in case neem oil doesn’t work

I think this is what Papalag beer3|nullxnull mentioned in his first post … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Yes leaf miners, and yes to Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Brew!

4 Likes

Captain Jack’s is a new product I’ve not heard of but it contains spinosad so it should kick some ass for sure.

2 Likes

That’s because you’re Canadian, I’m pretty sure it’s a US based brand. Monterey Garden Insect Spray is another brand with spinosad. Both should work depending on availability.

5 Likes

I saw some ready to use spray at the home depo but my hand instead picked up neem oil… I should have wait a little longer to see your post :man_facepalming:t5:

2 Likes

Neem oil will also be useful for other pests and IPM, it will come handy some day, not bad to have it … Arriba|nullxnull

3 Likes

That’s the one works great !
The next step if it didn’t work would have been :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::rofl:
Paps

2 Likes

Leaf miners are the larvae of many different types of insects, from many varieties of flies/sawflies to beetles and moths.

The problem with topical insecticides is that the leaf miner is inside the leaf and only comes into contact with the pesticide for a brief moment, not usually long enough to kill it. As soon as the eggs hatch, the larvae enter the leaf and are safe inside to eat until they begin to pupate. Once this happens, the pupa drop to the soil and become dormant until the conditions for emergence become optimal again.

There are a lot of beneficial insects (mainly parasitic wasps) and others that feast on leaf miners and their larvae that will, instead, come into contact and be killed by the application of those insecticides.

The simplest way to get rid of leaf miners, is to remove the leaf when leaf miner damage is first noticed and destroy the leaf. Burn it or bury it deep, but don’t just trow it away or add it to your compost as the problem could reemerge later.

3 Likes

Leaf miners are on the list of indications for spinosad. It is slightly systemic, ie stays in the leaves for a few days.

4 Likes