Sorry Vegans

I’m not going to debate climate change with you.

Sorry OG, but there’s a reason not to come to OG for science information.

3 Likes

https://foragerchef.com/the-case-for-roadkill/

3 Likes

It seems like insects are going to be the way to go in the future.

I wonder what the protein content of a thrip is… probably not much but they’ll make more!

4 Likes

That’s going to be a hard no from me. I’ll keep hunting and raising our own meat. If I had to put a number on it, we provide 75% of our own meat via hunting and small scale farming for ourselves.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I’m going to Mexico and plan on eating grasshoppers and ant larvae. I will let you know if I survive.

4 Likes

You’re happy enough to bring it up though.

1 Like

Are you going there for the street racing?

1 Like

One reason people go vegan is to reduce their carbon footprint, so yes, yes I did.

If you mean getting caught in traffic then yes. No it’s just tourism with a family component and the Trotsky house and various other places

3 Likes

Still not debating climate change?

1 Like

Nope, check back later.

2 Likes

Maybe someone can explain it to me but wouldn’t the grass that the cow eats eventually die and release the same amount of carbon anyway that the cow burps up? Does the cow magically make carbon out of thin air? That part always confuses me

2 Likes

The gases are produced through fermentation in the cow’s stomach. Sounds like grain-fed is significantly worse than grass-fed though.

When grasses/trees/fossil fuel deposits/etc decompose they do release stored carbon into the atmosphere, but it happens gradually over time.

3 Likes

When they are controlled, they cause millions in profits. When they run free, they cause millions in damages.

2 Likes

Oh. That sounds not enjoyable. Go there to street race.

1 Like

No one should be hunting pigs. They are a pest and they should be exterminated with extreme prejudice using whatever means you have.

3 Likes

This is probably the right thread to mention that I considered going to a bullfight.

4 Likes

When I said controlled, I meant farmed.

1 Like

The same place some tofu hurts you I suppose?

You guys are literally dumb to fight chemistry and thermodynamics for your egos. People like you are why nothing ever changes for better in this world and especially government. You’re only lazy and stubborn.

1 Like