Space heater or Dehumidifier

That sounds right to me :ok_hand:

I’d go with something rated for around 20-30 pints a day if i was you. Rather get something stronger and just have to run it less than get something that has to run 24/7.

3 Likes

There are two types of dehumidifiers I think
Depending on general average workin temp range depends which type / one is best to get : ) so look into that ( effective working efficiency ) refrigerant and desiccant , can’t remember off hand which one is better for grow room
Yes deffo better to have abundant dehumidifying power and run shorter time , than running 24/7 and still not enough : )
Second hand might be good option if money tight and big one needed

1 Like

I just bought some Amazon special 4500sqft dehumidifier that had decent ratings to get me by until I’m in my garage and not in my house. I’m having the same humidity issue with a full 5x5 in my living room the RH is through the roof.

1 Like

1-- can you insulate(thermal)? 80% of heat goes up. Uses no electricity.

2-- then dehuey

:slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

How can I insulated the tent?
@cannabissequoia

1 Like

Well :sweat_smile: I can’t teach you home-construction, but if you put some blankets over it that should help, but perhaps some rigid foam type insulation would be best(not moisture absorbing like fiberglass).

Thermal “mass” is what’s needed, or warmer, dryer intake air… :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

A dehumidifier puts out heat, it is not 100% efficient. So if you are trying to get the RH down and temp’s up…

4 Likes

Everyone situation is different, my local humidity is high circa 90% so I can’t rely on the fan to lower humidity so I favor the dehumidifier, it heats quite well and lowers humidity at the same time.

2 Likes

That Is exactly what I wanat during winter

2 Likes