Spider mite hell

9 Likes

Welcome to OG brochacho

1 Like

Naturesgoodguys - Killer site.

1 Like

Yup, those are h. miles.

Although, be sure it’s more of a yellowish/tan/brown because they generally come in those colors but are white when they’re younger I believe. Some mites can be confused for them I read awhile back

Awesome I’m going to try putting some of that on if this DE don’t work

Welcome to the community!!! Take some time and look around, and introduce yourself if you would like,Introduce Yourself @OG. It’s always a good idea also to read the Overgrow GrowFAQ - How to use and participate. Thank you for stopping in and ENJOI!

I’ve used a propane torch before had gnats in coco . get the top half inch smoking yeehaww no more larvae. BTW its so satisfying

1 Like

This Vietnam Thunder Fuck was hit with spider mites while it was being sexed outside…its finally in vegetative mode and mite free…both male & female VTF were hit by mites…I collected the VTF pollen and it’s in the foil packet…

This works folks been using it 18+ years…and its organic…

1 Like

Got a question if anyone knows the real answer or someplace to verify about these little fuckers and more to the point the eggs. How long are the eggs viable at room temperature? If I clean and bleach but still miss a few eggs will they go dormant until there is soil or some trigger to make them hatch ? Presuming I have eradicated all adults how long till I can safely think I’m clean and no more spider mites in my grow area unless I accidentally bring in a fresh batch ?? Will the eggs die in a general number of days?

1 Like

Same bottle?

2 Likes

Lol looks like it’s been threw a war

1 Like

Interesting info on suggested miticides and rotating them and which ones affect eggs.
I just ordered some tetrasan in 2 ounce package. https://www.syngentacropprotection.com/assets/assetlibrary/miticide_rotation.pdf

1 Like

Maybe ww2. I hate to say it, but maybe its time to clean the control room. @PhilCuisine

2 Likes

It’s been left outdoors this summer, but it still worked…I also use it in my veggie garden…

1 Like

I had enough and I filled every clone cup and all my smart pots at least 2 inch thick of DE and I had to slow my water down to almost an iv drip and I cleaned out the tent and I found at least 400 dirt gnats in piles I tossed DE on the floor of the tent too and it has decimated the population of little motherfuckers tent is clean now .I’m going to wait it out a little bit longer then I’m going to scoop out the DE and 2 inches of soil with it and I’m going to do a Neem oil soap nut drench to kill the eggs after and follow up with neem and soap nut sprays every week till I drop.I’ve never had a pest cause this much damage and I want to nuke everyone of them off the face of the earth with fire

2 Likes

Spider mites only go to soil to overwinter, I’ll respectfully submit that any of those soil treatments are probably a waste of time and materials.
And anything that’s not effective lets them multiply. Treat the plant not the dirt if you want them gone.

3 Likes

I was more talking about dirt gnats I wanted to know if that spray worked on gnats too. I killed my spidermites a long time ago.Last I know you have to treat dirt gnats with a soil treatment to kill the larvae.

Dirt Gnats are simple…be gone in 2 weeks or less using BT mixed in your water @ 1 teaspoon a gallon. Not the mosquito dunk crap, Use Bonide or Monterey Garden. Put up a couple of yellow stickies to grab some flyers. This protocol uses a different BT than the dunks use…it’s more for worms than flyers…guess what the larvae are…that’s right they are worms :slight_smile:
With no reinforcements those gnats are gone in 14 days and they won’t come back unless you reintroduce them. It’s over for those pots until the next round of new dirt. I guarantee that this works…done it many, many, times :slight_smile: Problem solved, lol.

5 Likes

Great thread folks, thanks for the info, fighting the dreaded two spot myself, trying dr zymes, seems to be working!
:older_man::owl::sunglasses:

1 Like

For those like me who don’t need a bottle of miticides that costs a hundred or more just for a small amount for small growers I found a place that sells partial amounts or smaller packs of Tetrasan, Avid, and Florimite. I ordered one of each at that price but don’t have them in hand yet. Miticides and insecticides For Sale

1 Like