Spider mite hell

Spider mites only go to soil to overwinter, I’ll respectfully submit that any of those soil treatments are probably a waste of time and materials.
And anything that’s not effective lets them multiply. Treat the plant not the dirt if you want them gone.

3 Likes

I was more talking about dirt gnats I wanted to know if that spray worked on gnats too. I killed my spidermites a long time ago.Last I know you have to treat dirt gnats with a soil treatment to kill the larvae.

Dirt Gnats are simple…be gone in 2 weeks or less using BT mixed in your water @ 1 teaspoon a gallon. Not the mosquito dunk crap, Use Bonide or Monterey Garden. Put up a couple of yellow stickies to grab some flyers. This protocol uses a different BT than the dunks use…it’s more for worms than flyers…guess what the larvae are…that’s right they are worms :slight_smile:
With no reinforcements those gnats are gone in 14 days and they won’t come back unless you reintroduce them. It’s over for those pots until the next round of new dirt. I guarantee that this works…done it many, many, times :slight_smile: Problem solved, lol.

5 Likes

Great thread folks, thanks for the info, fighting the dreaded two spot myself, trying dr zymes, seems to be working!
:older_man::owl::sunglasses:

1 Like

For those like me who don’t need a bottle of miticides that costs a hundred or more just for a small amount for small growers I found a place that sells partial amounts or smaller packs of Tetrasan, Avid, and Florimite. I ordered one of each at that price but don’t have them in hand yet. Miticides and insecticides For Sale

1 Like

Bt + nematodes ftw if u can get nematodes the bt is a must I use .onthly just because I’ve had /seen gnat infestation and it doesn’t take long to go from 1 to 10 to 100 to ?

@Jasper. Have you gotten them and tried it yet? I was looking at them for floramite. I have a small garden and don’t want to waste 100 for 8 oz. I’ve used floramite before in my veg area and it wiped them completely out. I’ve been using green cleaners the past 2-3 weeks with moderate success but it hasn’t wiped them out completely

Yes it was shipped in a small glass bottle and it was not labeled it looks to be the same off white somewhat thick liquid and it had instructions with it. I used it and have enough for a few more gallons with ease. I only mixed a whole gallon because it seems to be so concentrated mixing any less is a bit more difficult to measure. I also tried to mix it about 90% rate because I dont want to over mix it since I have no idea how plants would react.I also bought some Tetrasan as well from them that came in a small plastic sealed bag as is described other places as the individual doses premeasured for a gallon of water. I treated them and they seemed to be fine. I have not seen a mite or sign of a mite since the very first treatment of Azamax about a month ago but Im going thru the whole regimen of treatments in rotation just to be sure. Going to tear down clean my tent and grow area this week and have been using a UV light as well since the cut in question must be what carried in the powdery mold as well.
Im hoping to figure out what I want to do about restarting a grow in few weeks over Thanksgiving. Hope that helps you decide.

2 Likes

That upside down wash and soak I did awhile back with the dish soap killed every spider mite I had haven’t had a spider mite since I did it.Might work for you guys.

3 Likes

Well here today I’m 24 hours from chopping my first harvest since the borg and it’s bitchy friend powdery mold tried to move in. I’m mite and mold free still but I nuked them from orbit. The only thing I kept from my grow area was my light and my fan. Tent ? Trashed! Grow bags? Trashed! All pots and trays were soaked multiple times over a few weeks remotely with bleach and alcohol and allowed to sit in freezing temps. Light and fan were stored in a cold and occasionally freezing temps garage. Bleach alcohol and a scrub grow area including mom storage spots since I only kept 2 bonsai moms which over that time I nuked with every miticide known and hated by the greenies. Including Eagle 20. Cuts of moms taken and lather rinse repeat 2 times. Last cuts had one early dose of Eagle 20 and Azamax and at week 3 couple of each went into new tent in grow closet and moms went back in clone box in same closet. Extreme? Maybe but I’m clean and no signs of pests or mold. I did add more hypoaspis miles mites for gnats as I have always used.
No half measures in this situation. I don’t understand why people keep dicking around with half measures for a closed ecosystem like personal grows. It’s painful but effective for me. I have been a closet grower for 5-6 years I think maybe a little more but this is my first and last time dealing with these fuckers. I feel bad for bigger operators that can’t go that extreme and outdoor growers.

Azamax should of finished them off in the future a sulphur burn as long as your not flowering fix’s a lot with minimal work involved .

This product works relatively well!

It’s 6% Pyrethrins…naturally made from the chrysanthemum flower. This product is very strong…if you chose to use go really light 1/4 tsp per gallon as can potentially cook your plants!

Alaskagrown

EDIT: You should NEVER use Eagle 20…it was made for Evergreen Pine trees(Christmas Trees)and is highly toxic!! It has a exceptionally long half-life and when heated it turns into Hydrogen Cyanide!!! YES CYANIDE!!! So if you don’t want to poison yourself of friends with your Cannabis products it’s a deal breaker…and don’t run your product into concentrate thinking you’re OK…NOPE it will literally concentrate the Eagle 20 in to a stronger concentration!!

4 Likes

How about some documented proof ?? Honestly the greenies who get hysterical about safely using chemicals get tiresome. Unless you grow every morsel of food you eat you ingest many chemicals used for farming. The difference is reading and following directions about application rates and when to stop using chemicals from people who test and research the products not the never ever folks. Without chemicals in farming we would be unable to feed the world. And using Eagle 20 very early in veg lightly is no different.

3 Likes

All you guys using all that shit for spidermites and I killed them with a little peroxide and dawn dish soap what the hell type of mites you guys have ?they sound like little terrorists.The PM I used to have cost me more but I found out sulpher cures that shit quick

1 Like

@Jasper

Bro are you serious??

There is scientific study after scientific study regarding the use of Eagle 20 and the harm it causes!!

I grow in the legal recreation markets and through lab testing we know without a shadow of doubt the effects of Eagle 20!!

In fact one of the growers up here was using that exact product and got caught…they immediately confiscated ALL his products, pulled his license and charged him with multiple felonies….

I cannot believe we are even talking about this!

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2015/10/14/marijuana-industry-could-be-uprooted-by-pesticide-lawsuit.html

The fact we are even debating this at this point in time is lunacy….

And NO, plants sprayed in veg STILL tested positive for Eagle 20!!! This is fact and not up for any type of discussion!

6 Likes

@CapnCannabis

The thing with mites or any pest for that matter is if you treat them with whatever product you are using and they survive they start building resistance to the products effectively you are breeding super mites that do not react to pesticides or other measures…

I’ve gotten cuttings from let’s say Colorado for licensed facilities (AK) that came infected with “super mite’s” and I ended up killing everything and literally started over! Imagine mites in a two story 7,000 sq ft grow facility!! :frowning:

There are a few types of mites but believe Russet Mites are the worst and very tough to kill!!

Alaskagrown

5 Likes

I got lucky I really feel for you guys .I hear the nightmare stories and it makes me want to pull whatever hair I have left out.Little bastards time for some wirly jig mites

1 Like

Sure. Tell me why it’s still used then ? No never mind. Some people get wrapped up in the spokes. I’m not getting sucked into this.

2 Likes

@CapnCannabis at this point I refuse to take in clones from anyone…just not worth the time and effort’s to quarantine the potentially disease/pest infected plants!

To each their own though

5 Likes

Welcome to my eternal frustration lol.

1 Like