Spider mites on my plant, my plan to stop em

that Captain Jack is pretty good I think. The white specs are no more except on the same leaves they were before, no cobwebs, and our plant’s nose smells straight up like a skunk under the house. My only problem now is I see like 2 leaves with bite small hole marks. Not much at all, but a yield threshold is a yield threshold. There’s also a ladybug running around on the plant, so hopefully itll clean up any straggler mites.

2 Likes

there it is! The lil fellas running around like, “hmmmm, this is exceptional greenery here, peasant. To what business do you aspire here?”

1 Like

Natural Predators will probably soon take care of your problem Outdoors. A couple ladybugs laying some eggs and your problem will be solved. The neem oil will definitely knock them on their ass but you have to be prepared when the eggs they have laid hatch, somewhere around a week from now I believe. Never apply neem oil when Sunshine will be hitting your plants. Similar to using cocoa butter for a tan, You Are intensifying The Sunshine by adding oil , and your leaves will burn. I’ve applied it late in the day here in New York and we have a heavy Dew each morning. Since you are targeting the undersides of the leaves no, not all of it will get washed away by rain and some of it soaks into the leaf itself.
I had spider mites briefly indoors this winter. Despite the warning on the label not to use neem everyday, this is very nearly what I did. In the Central American land race thread I go into detail earlier in the thread. I wiped them right out completely and never had them come back using only Neem. Using it everyday for a week or every other day for a week definitely damages the leaves a little bit but not nearly as much as a continual spider mite infestation would do. Between the neem and the natural Predators I believe your problem will be solved. Good luck!
Of course the other methods talked about in the thread will work just as well. Just wanted to let you know that neem oil does indeed work by itself

4 Likes

That little spotted cucumber beetle ? will be munching little holes I hand pick them off and give them a little squeeze .

1 Like

Oh that’s who was doing that! Lol lil bastard was the one chewing that leaf If that’s the case

Yeah sorry I was driving but a mistake I’ve been making is spraying as soon as I wake up, around 7:30am. From now on I’ll spray neem oil at around 8pm, when the sun goes down

3 Likes