Spider mites on my plant, my plan to stop em

There’s a 50% chance of rain where I live today, so applying neem oil would render useless I believe. I believe this is an early onset, as I just moved it outside two days ago. It’ll be flowering soon. I noticed the white specs on the leaves, as well as some very slight cobwebs forming. This is an autoflower.

So, I plan on using some insecticide soap and neem oil tomorrow after the rain. What could I do today that wouldn’t just wash away from the rain?

2 Likes

If it’s outside nature will rectify the problem for you. Just spray them once with some neem oil and some kind of soap to help it hold to the leaf. One spray will probally solve the problem since your outdoors but keep an eye on it.
Even tho it’s gonna rain tomorrow I’d still do it today and they might just be gone by the end of the rain

5 Likes

I wonder what sevin dust would do since in vegative state

1 Like

wettable sulfur for mites is another option haven’t used myself . But you could make a drench and dip the plants if small enough and take of soil problems at the same time .

1 Like

Ok sounds good.

Is sevin organic?

Im asking because I have some, I sprinkle it around my yard.

Ok I’ll look into that definitely. I’ve never drenched before but that sounds efficient.

Thanks everyone for your help

Insects that Sevin dust kills include potato beetles, parasitic wasps, ladybugs, bees, roaches and fleas. Sevin dust contains a chemical called carbaryl, which kills over 100 types of insects. Lasts up to 3 months ? I would check that one closely not something I would want on my smoke .

4 Likes

I’m figuring it’s gonna be OK on veg, you put it on veggie plants that you eat.
That powder will probably choke them out.

1 Like

Yeah I agree on that. Should I put insecticide soap on the plant before neem oil?

That’s 100% not true lol nature is where the bugs came from.

OP, when you want to actually get rid of them there’s a million acaricides on the market.

1 Like

Sevin will kill mites and other bugs but it’s less effective on mites, mites are pretty tough and there’s so many of them and then the eggs. Absolutely no way residual effect is gonna go a full 3 months. Half life of carbaryl is only a few days.

2 Likes

here’s what I’m using. It’s raining but I’m going to apply anyway and reapply

1 Like

It’s more of a discouragement/preventative than a cure, unfortunately. They’ll still be there. Smells kinda nice though.

If you keep up on spraying multiple times a week they’ll likely not get much worse, but it’s gonna be a long hot summer my dude. You’ll probably be fighting until harvest unless you use something more effective.

1 Like

Do to the ecosystem outdoors many pest problems indoors arnt pests outdoors. Spider mites are much easier to get rid of outdoors than in and typically only require one or 2 neem applications before they just move on. Since he moved his plants outdoors the plant wont have nearly the hardship it would have indoors

2 Likes

Not true at all. I’ve seen outdoor plants covered in mites. Not just Cannabis, either. Talking full webs. They don’t take a hit of neem and just leave lol.

Mites are 100% a pest outdoors, homie. Indoor is not a “hardship” to plants.

2 Likes

Follow the good man’s @Tinytuttle instructions on how to make JWA

I use it and it works everytime. @Badger is also an advocate

Fatty :v:t4:

4 Likes

Yes I have had them outdoors on fruit trees and cannabis. I guess I was lucky as that’s all I had to do to get rid of them. Certain species of mites could be harder to get rid of as well. When I had them indoors I watered with neem and sprayed over a period of 3 weeks every couple days. And then once a week after that. That got rid of them in my perpetual cycle. Not as effective as some products. But safe.

1 Like