Spidermites late flowering, opinions (first time growing)

Hey guys it has been two months since last updating. The girls are gorwn and I think in a week I’ll cut them, now two of them have spidermites and that sucks, how should I operate?

You have to spray immediately.
This is not an “organic” recipe in the pure sense but has worked for me if you follow through with a clear water rinse.
Dawn or Joy (lemon scent} dish wash liquid 1oz (NO "anti-bacterial soaps)
3oz 80% isopropyl alcohol
24oz water, distilled preferably but not necessary.
32oz spray bottle with fine mister

Combine all items in 32oz bottle, dish soap last.
Shake gently and spray ALL surfaces of the plant thoroughly. Lightly spray the soil with a shot or two.
Repeat after 5 minutes.
5 minutes later rinse off with clear water, several times if necessary to remove ALL spray.
Cover the soil with aluminum foil before rinsing.

Good luck, I hope you get them in time.

Cool your room down, spider mites hate a cool environment. Add some direct air movement on the plant, spider mites tend to not like windy conditions either. If you’re looking for a spray you can always try and essential oil IPM spray. Normally I’d say use some neem oil, but if used in the last 4-5 weeks of flower you run the risk of it still being in your final dry product.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing them in your pics, the spider mites I’ve encountered have soft webs all over parts of the plants.

EDIT
Sorry there was only one pic displayed when I replied, I’m not seeing them. Do you have a better photo?
Those look like frosty buds to me.

EDIT EDIT
Young frosty buds

2 Likes

If you’re a few weeks from harvest, it looks more like a month away, you should just do a soap water spray, and the temperature\humidity changes suggested by @davesnothere.
If you’re a month out, you are :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, then get predatory mites and do the soap water spray up until they arrive.

https://www.arbico-organics.com/category/spider-mite-control

1 Like

You’re close to harvesting I would cut them down & clean the space. The eggs can survive 3 months, so if you plan to grow in the space again soon you should probably wipe everything down with a 10% bleach solution.

1 Like

3 months! ack. I hate spider mites! Hey, you wanna see something scary!?!

Look.

3 Likes

The only thing grosser than mites on your buds is mite excrement on your buds. :confounded:

3 Likes

In italy when something like that happend we say: “Porcoddio!!!”.

2 Likes

Or buy some lady bugs and set them loose in there to feast. lol

1 Like

This pic of mite is commonly called the 2-spot spider mites if ya see these guys take action immediately and get rid of those fuggers!

1 Like