White dusty like spots?

Im growing Bubblegum clones in DWC.I thought originally that it maybe a PH issue. I keep my PH roughly around 5.7,. I really notice that after I do a change out of my solution is when the issue begins.
What do u think?

4 Likes

Hate to say it, but it looks like spider mite damage to me…

12 Likes

My condolences as well, but I’ve gotta second @ReikoX on this. Certainly looks Borg like to me.:confused:

Although I might add that it does look like you’ve got a little bit of tip burn going on as well. Maybe the mites just find a freshly fed plant extra tasty?

5 Likes

I agree with the above two posts. Have you checked the under side of the leafs yet?

6 Likes

Spider mites. No doubt. I got rid of mine this year during the bud cycle by hosing them off a few days in a row, and a follow up a week later. I may have lost some resin, but it beats putting poison on your buds. As long as the stalks of your resin heads are not extended fully yet, yr resin should stay put if you don’t use a super heavy stream of water. Yours look close to being finished though. Maybe you can ride it out…good luck.

3 Likes

No bug. Im positive. The mother and the other plants of the same strain did the same thing. Just wondering if there was something I could try to fix it.

2 Likes

Try bumping your ph up a bit to 6.0 or so. Also maybe lower the nutes a bit, looks like you’re right on the upper limit with them.

1 Like

Hey @beacher, thanks. That was my thought about the nutes. Ill just keep topping off with PH water. See how she dose. So you think 700-800 PPM? I’ll keep you guys posted.

1 Like

I couldn’t say, but a maybe start with about 200ppm below what you’re running currently.

And sorry but I’m also gonna say that could be bug damage, go over those babies with a magnifying glass or microscope just to be 100% sure. Mites can be really hard to see.

3 Likes

Will do thanks

Unfortunately I agree with having spider mites, this is how they looked when I had them … :sweat:

5 Likes

yeah looks like mites to me.

4 Likes

Well damn. It dose look like it huh. Im gonna find my jewelers loop.

1 Like

Probably beat to grab the loupe, those little bastards are small. When I try to spot em with the naked eye I stare at the bottom of a leaf for a minute and watch for tiny mo ements, but magnification is much better.

3 Likes

Here you can see how tiny they are, better pick a damaged leave and inspect her like I did with this disturbing result … :sweat:

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if it WASN’T spider mites. It’s very distinctive.

1 Like

They are really easy to miss. I was convinced for two weeks that I was calcium deficient. I even doubled the size of one of the containers to see if it would make a difference. I was thinking nutrient block out because it just kept getting worse. The first time I looked was with a Jeweler’s loupe and I missed them. I guess my eyes aren’t what they used to be. The second time I had a 60x mini Scope. Scared the bejeezus out of me when of those creepy things crossed through the screen! The trick to looking for bugs when you don’t think that you have them, is looking for them like you know you do. You don’t find what you’re not looking for.:wink:

2 Likes

I see webbing in the first photo. Definitely the Borg.

4 Likes

Well damn fellas. Nailed it right on the head. Spider mites. Im about to harvest today. Should I do a wash before I harvest to get rid of some of the mites, like in a buckets of water. A little swish. So I’m not smoking bugs?

Here’s the ladies. And after im done what actons can I take to rid the mites from my tent before I begin a new grow. Next time I’m going to be ready if they show up again. Is there any pesticides I could use? Something natural or safe to use. I thank everyone for helping me through my first indoor invasion.

1 Like

I tossed mines when I discovered they were already in the buds: :sweat:

There’s nothing you can do in this advanced flowering stage, you rinse plants in water, lemon and baking soda and then pure water, but that’s when the battle was much before and the remains were only dead corpses. Now you cannot safely kill them and they will begin to cover with webs your buds.

I hope you will get more opinions on this matter, it is not easy to make good decisions in this kind of situations … :relieved:

1 Like