Spitfire's perpetual nightmare(fka SourD hole)

The pollen sacs along the main stem will open first, and probably even before the females are ready to take pollen. Then it’ll probably be about one to two weeks after that before the bulk of the pollen happens.

The safest thing is probably to remove male flowers off of the main stem but if you don’t care about a random seed here and there, don’t sweat it.

1 Like

The New Top Dawgs are doing well. Td2 is male and in 12/12 to get some pollen for fun, since I don’t have anything else flowering and can’t until after Christmas.

TD1 isn’t really showing signs. Have some stuff starting to develope, so will know soon.

Little green hair with what looks to be the tip of a pistil coming out. This microscope does more harm than good sometimes haha!

Edit to add body shots of the hopeful female.

10 Likes

Wow those are pretty compact so far. Short nodes.

4 Likes

:blush::+1:Female Top Dawg Sour Diesel. I cut her back to 4 mains for flowering.

The male, TD2 is plugging along.

7 Likes

Decided the male wasn’t up to standards. Not much smell and extremely early to show sex. :skull_and_crossbones:

:seedling:Dropped another Shoreline ECSD bx1 bean into the germ box. Other is Dancing Rainbows which is Dance of Earth x Cadillac Rainbows.

5 Likes

had 2 of 4 seeds fail in the last week. the 2 that opened had the taproot protruding but have not progressed. had a skunky funky smell inside the germ container. hear there’s a bacteria that could be the cause and may have lost the seeds. it’s been stuck like this for 2 days now. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

T-minus 14 days to holiday. Planted a small Top Dawg Sour clone in a 3 gallon to prep for January flower.

Have 1 top Dawgs and 2 Shoreline days removed from cloner. Roots hit the breather holes at the bottom of the half filled solos, imminent growth.

And finally the mother. Desperately wanting more soil. Keeping her choked for now. She will be taking the interstate over to a friend’s to finish her life. With my trip and how big she is already it only makes sense to get her flowered by someone I know will take care of it. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Mother Top Dawg Sour moved out and snuggled up with @Heavenlygoo. What a dirty girl. She’ll be alright there and I’ll request some progress reports and to add some shots. They will be a week or 2 ahead of my flower cycle.

Looking to the Future, I’ve returned to a Happy frog in the ocean Forest one to one mixture. Got my January flower run in 3 gallons where they’ll stay until death. I have all this extra pea gravel from starting an aquarium so I just Chuck it around the base of the plants to help with erosion🤷‍♂️. rocks are kind of too small and light they do move around a little bit but I think they help some.

Top Dog Sour Diesel on L. Shoreline East Coast sour diesel in center, and Dj Short Blueberry on R that’s just exploding since it went from a CFL to LED. :grimacing::metal:.

4 Likes

Back from vacation and the plants did well.

Here’s the lot before I defoliated/clone cuttings.

The next 2 are after trimming.
Top dawg is growing lanky and still droopy, back to 3 leaflets

Shoreline ECSD is growing much more slowly than I’m used to, also stressed into 3 leaflets.

6 Likes

New phone. It really processes the photos without jumping through hoops. Not doing that until later👍.
Status of tent: day 3 of 12/12, up to 70% on the LEDs. Height was becoming a concern, tent only 5’2" (157cm).

Top Dawg on left, shoreline on right.

The DJ Short Blueberry is impressing me with it’s growth, even with my constant picking.

8 Likes

As of last night. day 9 @ 10pm (7p-7a lights), the Top Dawg has tightened up and It looks like I’m done picking the babies. Going as expected. Nice large leaves, will have some decent tops I hope! The phone and led are really making them look yellowish at top.
Shoreline barely viewable on right is still chugging along. She will go 10 weeks so there’s time.

The Dj Short Blueberry is elbows out. More than I had hoped it would. Regretting having 1 or 2 of these smaller, and already slower growing colas.

6 Likes

Top Dawg SD getting hairy.

8 Likes

End of week 3, day 21. Still have yet to master the manual mode with this phone. Color is off, or I’m fighting brightness with the manual settings. Supposed to be such a great camera :poop:.

Top dawg has finally stopped growing vertical, starting to fatten up. Not much to smell yet :(. Very quick to flower. Throwing lots of long pistils. Looking to have some nice beefy tops.

@Shoreline ESCD finally decided to wake up and grow a little. Not like her to be the lagger. Clone was slow from the get go. Much more smell than the other 2. As usual, no comparison to her stink yet.

Blueberry Is nothing special so far.

11 Likes

SourD hole, Lol! Love the title. Great looking grow.

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it and Thank you for stopping by @HumblePie420! :metal:

2 Likes

Day 32. Top Dawg, ECSD, Blueberry. Three different approaches to canopy/colas.

Top Dawg Sour. Really fast bud growth. Has a sweeter smell but starting to change slightly in a different way than other similar profiles I’ve gotten of other strains.

Shoreline ECSD. Only halfway there. starting to fatten.

9 Likes

Got some testers in the mail courtesy of @Shoreline and already threw some in germ. Excited to see how they turn out. Will update in a couple months when they go in flower.

7 Likes

Rip this Dj Short Blueberry pheno. this makes the culling even easier

7 Likes

Day 46. Blueberry on the right is sweet and, as you would expect, it’s blueberry. Began calmag only watering and will begin flush in about a week. Top Dawg Sour Diesel in center has a slightly similar profile minus any discernablle fruit or berry with maybe some chem and slight dusty broom smell.

TDSD

Blueberry

Shoreline ECSD was allowed to grow differently this round. Taking her to 77 this go. As far as terps it’s the same old story, what a stank. She remains the Queen of the tent :crown: 🥹:clap::star_struck:

16 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this update! So you’re still a big fan of the shoreline? That’s great to hear. Some day I will get around to growing the bx2 or bx3 I have. I’m optimistic it’ll turn out like the sour I have in my head.

3 Likes