Shoreline Genetics

Who’s got experience with Shoreline Genetics? I’ve done a bit of research on them, I’m aware of the Shoreline Texas cut, I’ve read through some of the RIU thread. Everything I’ve found is hit or miss - they seem to have some devotees, but others claiming a lot of herms, subpar plants, etc. I think normally I’d steer clear based on just that much, but I’m looking for a Wedding Cake bx and they seem to be one of the few offering such seeds. No information on the provenance of the Wedding Cake female used in the project though, which doesn’t inspire trust. In light of the above AND their association with Greenpoint, with their shining reputation (/s), I’m wondering if it’s a good idea, even at 60 for a 10 pack.

Anybody grown out their gear?

Edit: forgot to mention, they’re carried by Great Lakes Genetics, which is a point in their favor IMO. Also, if anybody happens to know who else has a good representation of WC, I’m all ears :ear:

7 Likes

I ordered from them on strainly I got 5 packs for 100$ sour grapes, shoreline, Texas roadkill, Chem 91 bx2 and sour diesel bx1. Very easy to talk to answered questions I had about the strains I ordered after I got them. Respond quickly. Popped a couple of their beans, they all of them germinated and sprouted. Seedlings are only on second set of leaves but look healthy.
That’s as much as I can tell you so far. I haven’t made to harvest yet but have no complaints so far

6 Likes

Thanks! Great to know they’re responsive at least, and at that price I’d happily try them out.

1 Like

I’m growing the Crippy and Shoreline 2BX from them right now and there is some nice plants in there. You should be able to find a good representative in a pack.

Also running Florida Wedding from JungleBoys, and it’s probably a better bet for you if you want Wedding Cake stuff imo.

3 Likes

Thank you, excellent look, I see they’re still in stock some places. For the record also, what got me interested is a Barney’s Farm Wedding Cake auto that turned out to have a really nice high on it, so I may end up just going back to those. I know folks hate on them but a good plant is a good plant :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Wedding cake is clone only. Might as well get the real thing from the guys that created it. Otherwise, do you even know what you have?

1 Like

Yup, I’m aware it’s a particular pheno, but clones aren’t readily available where I live. Even if they were, how would I know if what I was buying was the Seed Junky cut? If you know of a reputable nursery that ships within the US and carries the verified original cut, I’d love to talk to them!

On the other hand, since I know what seedstock the plant I liked came from and generally what the effects are that I’m looking for, may as well keep drinking from the same well, I guess? If I can sort through a few seeds to find something similar in photo format, that might be worthwhile, and not much more effort than sourcing and growing out clones. I guess maybe looking for a backcross is misguided, I might as well go straight back to the Barneys seedstock I found the plant I liked from.

Edits for clarity

1 Like

Ive had really good. Luck with barney farms

3 Likes

We have the Jungle Boys WC and it’s phenomenal. Got two packs , opened one and used 6 beans, found an absolutely phenomenal keeper that has strong strong vanilla “ey” terps and an amazing indica high at about 25% amber. When I ran out last month I started to panic as no one has any going atm. And the flavours are so strong! A neighbour of mine who I set up with an incredible spot a few years back acquired some Wedding Cake seeds from Canuk seeds . He grew out that pack last spring and I was quite blown away as it was very, very similar to the Jungle Boys packs I paid a small fortune for. I’ve looked for more packs of JB Wedding Cake since and only found one that the guy was asking 500$ American for so needless to say I passed. I can honestly say both options are true expressions of the REAL W.C and are worth while.

4 Likes

Jungle Boys has a shop close to my house i saw there seeds were all 200 a pack thats still 20 a seed kinda spendy after calif Tax

3 Likes

my wedding cake from canuk seeds hermied on me unfortunetly. but there do si do and bluedream was decent at least

3 Likes

I’ve heard there do si dos was good as well, sorry to hear about the herm. They are definitely hit and miss , but I know of 5 strains they put out that are quite good.

3 Likes

same…everything I’ve grown from them has been auto, but all solid smoke

I grew 3 Shoreline Crippy seeds 2 males and a female. Crippy was really nice plant and very good smoke I would buy from Shoreline again for sure.

19 Likes

I liked Canuk’s Jack Herer, I swapped the balance (Kush, Cheese, GG#4) to @beacher.
My understanding is the Canuk brand seeds are from a Spanish OEM type breeder. Other than some herms (in known strains that can produce them) I haven’t heard anything bad about Canuk Seeds (Ok, let me be the first to bitch about their prices :sweat_smile:)

Cheers
G

12 Likes

Healthy looking plant you got there! Maybe it’s an optical illusion, but that fence in the background doesn’t look like it could even prevent a toddler from getting in lol.

3 Likes

@Gpaw I’ll second that . Definitely way too high

3 Likes

I had nice results from a Canuk northern lights photo fem. As described.

Shipping was a rip off though.

3 Likes

I grew and am growing shorelines Sour Diesel bx1 i got on sale from GLG and its the tits my friend.

Also not sure if you would be interested but @Jinglepot has got a nice seed preservation run going on. Also im not sure if the sign ups have anymore openings but worth checking out for sure. His are from JJ at Top Dawg so you know there’s some gold in them hills lol.

HG

7 Likes

Looking for testers for some new strains. Let me know if anyone is interested.

13 Likes