Sprays and pollen making

last but not least, i have made both silver thisolate and col. silver, both are easy and cheap so if anyone needs the run down on how to make either of these dm me and ill get the formulas to you with a step by step. to make silver thisolate i found the powered chemicals off ebay for under 20. buck a gal of dist, water like a buck, the col. silver you need a small power plug that you strip the wires from the end pit aligator clamps on it, ect. there is more involved but still pretty cheap to make, with the silver thisolate i made i can spray a lot for awhile, the other i can too.
the point is, both can be made from home, or you can buy the mixes premade for over 20 bucks. so who ever needs or wants to know the process just ask

1 Like

Yeah I found the same. My next attempt I will be flowering the plant to be reversed a couple of weeks ahead of the plants I want pollinated, to make sure I have plenty of male flowers that are producing pollen.

3 Likes

this last run i got seed but like i said above not much i have broke down the timing pretty good though, the one i sprayed i put in flower 3 weeks before the others, i wait until the sacks started forming, then the ones went in flower after, the best time for a plant to take pollen is between the3rd and 4th week, seeds mature real nice and an exta two weeks after harvest just to make sure, so back to the timing, i had others in that were in flower and had only a few weeks left, i harvested those but havent gone through the bud yet, the others were clones that i put in 3 weeks after the first spray, i was able to get seed but not much and one that i didnt even try got more seed than the others, so i have found that this is the steps i will follow on the next go.

1. mix fresh new silver thisolate,( i have the col. siver but i am not sure if i will try that as the other worked)
  2. i will spray the whole plant and not just a branch, as im looking for more pollen for later use.
  3. once i see the sacks formed i will get the others ready,
  4. i will also attempt to collect pollen or as much as i can from one whole plant.
  5. i will use some good genetics, stable. from well respected seed banks like sensi, dinafem, dutch passion ect.
  6. smoke a lot of bud until then.
5 Likes

Sounds like a great plan. Post some pics of how it goes, I am interested to see it happening :+1:

2 Likes

here is one of the crosses i did this is SUPER SKUNK x EAGLE BILL
I call HOLY SURFER its a haze kind of thing, real smooth and even. both seeds came from sensi seeds, super skunk was a female and eagle bill female came from pack of regs.

2 Likes

have you tried the col. silver? i tried but kept burning the branches cause the mix was too strong

1 Like

No I have only used silver thiosulphate.

Buds look very frosty :+1:

1 Like

thanks, this cross came out real nice, i also got a few seeds from this from this last run. i sprayed an og kush from dinafem, i grew the holy surfer out with intentions on seeing how the new cross looked, but i was not even trying for seed on it, so now i have og kush x super skunk x eagle bill cross, i will prob. grow one out this next run though cause im curious on the 3 way cross and how that og kush will come in to play with the others. yeah i tried the col silver about 2 times, each time my sprayed branch looked stressed and burned. this was col. silver i bought instead of made, i now know the spray should have been diluted. live and learn. so what crosses have you made??

1 Like

Nothing deliberately :slightly_frowning_face: I tried to make some feminised Grand Daddy Purple seeds but no pollen.

I accidentally made a cross of Big Bang and Big Nosed Kate, which I am calling Banging Big Nosed Kate :joy: I will be growing it out sometime after March probably.

2 Likes

years ago like over 10 there was a rumor or may be true that some seed companies used science so that their strains could not produce seed from people like us at home. not sure how this would work but i read about it awhile ago, could be possible you never know as ive come across strains that even with reg. male pollen, the plants would not take pollen and give no seed. i know this also is off subject but also heard that the us customs had a machine that would sterilize seeds from over seas seed banks, again not sure, but i did have an order once that none of the seeds would crack. something to think about

1 Like

Yeah I tried to do a tranquil elephantizer remix seed run with a male and female and with some paranoid purple paralyzer pollen from another member here. The package took about 4 week’s to clear customs, so was probably not viable when I got it, only managed to produce one seed out of the whole plant getting a load of pollen on it. I was told that the TER when originally created had fertility issues which cause reproduction problems.

I see a few strains talked about as a cut only strain. So I think some strains are messed with to stop seed production.

1 Like

yeah i ran a male from a g13xhash plant and got lots of seed from some plants, dusted a branch of a barneys farm pineapple chunk. i got one seed from it, while the rest gave me 40-50 seeds. it just doesnt make sense but it comes down to what i was talking about before, where some companies used some thing to block people making seed, but how do these companies make their seed if that is the case.
idk, but next run im going for pollen collection if i can

2 Likes

Hmn are a lot of topics about it.:thinking::dizzy_face:

2 Likes