Future breeding

OK hear me out and tell me what you would do a pop some regular seeds and some feminized seeds I am looking for the best feminized out of three seeds with the same strain how do I distinguish the males I want to keep and then how should I proceed forward I have recently learned you can pollinate individual branches on one female plant any more knowledge on this also??

If there’s a thread for this point me in the right direction

4 Likes

Selection would depend on what traits you find/are looking for. An early male may or may not be desirable depending on your goals, for example.

Yes, you can pollinate individual branches. Just be careful.

I’ve only ever bred with regs…actually that’s not true I did a northern lights fem cross too.

2 Likes

So I’m better off collecting pollen and trying to do it that way …unless I grow all regulars and stick a male and female in together …so breeding a regular plant with a female plant will just produce regular seeds? Is the only way to get true feminized seeds sts…or cs I have heard of aspirin…Geez sorry for all that lol

There are others more qualified to talk feminizing than me.

I quarantine my males sideways over pieces of newspaper to collect pollen. Works good.

Edit - yes reg to reg equals reg

4 Likes

Thanks for the input man! Hopefully the thread carries forward

1 Like

Yes to get feminized f1s you need to reverse a female and use her pollen to pollinate another female OR pollinate herself-(S1s)
Since only female genes would have been used in the creation, there are no male genes in the resulting seeds. All the seeds would be female only seeds.
If any male genes are used to make a cross, then the reulting seeds would be Reg having both male and female genetics used.

3 Likes

Okay so Hear me out if I grow two seeds of one strain both feminized …one to grow out one to reverse …the female I reverse save the pollen from her then grow out regulars choose females from them and dump the pollen on them from the feminized pollen. I will have cross female seeds sorry if that’s confusing

1 Like

What is your project idea ?

If its to make a cross (AxB) and then have them be feminized, you could first make the cross.

So (A x B) = C (C would be the new F1s)
then take tthe resulting reg (C F1s) and find a female or two from that batch.
Then you reverse her and pollinate another female C or reverse her and pollinate herself.
So ( Female C x Female C.) = female seeds

3 Likes

Yes any female to female cross equals Feminized seeds.

2 Likes

My project idea is to create my own strain while successfully breeding it myself …I have some good seeds from costal Mary sour lemon and I have a couple lemon jefferys I wanna make a strain called drool lmao but produce only feminized seeds from my project …I’m just foreshadowing but I really would like to get a good hold on it before I dive in

1 Like

So then just make your cross with two females and your done.

So find a Sour lemon female you like
Then find a Lemon Jefferys female you like.

Reverse one to pollinate the other.

4 Likes

Sounds delicious btw :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Dude I have so many ideas of crosses I should really write them down …okay here’s another question …how long shall a feminized plant grow till I begins the method of application to reverses the x.y chromosome and do I have to change light schedule

1 Like

To really make it special, you could take cuts from any females you find.

Then keep cuts in Veg labeled 1-10 etc

Grow out the moms to see what she gives you terps, genetics, vigour, potency, high etc

Now you know exactly what each clone you saved will do. Then you can pick the ones you favor from the clones you saved to make your cross.

3 Likes

“Honey I’m gonna need a bigger room”!!

Thanks for all the information really

Should. Get enough feminized pollen from one plant to hit more than one plant if that makes sense right

1 Like

you can grow regs and pick out the male, you will know the male first once you flip, take him out and let him grow separate and collect the pollen then dust. you dust the female plants and yes all regs.
you want female seeds either use sts or col. silver, both are easy to make and use, i have had more luck with the sts, or silver thisolate spray, what you do is you spray, and the female will reverse making a male that puts out only female pollen. i have made two strains one is a super skunk in bred all female and i made a cross with it that produced all female seed. now trying to collect that female pollen, well i have not succeeded yet and ive been spraying for a few years now.
it is work and it is a lot of stress spraying, as some strains will produce pollen, and some strains will not produce much if any. so you spray and go through the it all and the not knowing part, if it worked is very stressful, if you want seed and you want them to be sure then use a male this is fool proof, spraying there is a chance it will work as well as it will not work.

here is a shot of the super skunk that was reversed, but has the male flowers but it also had female buds
the males look like bananas
15 14

7 Likes

Im not an expert by any means, but from what I read you should start applying you CS or STS at least 1 week before you flips to flower.

So spray one week then change lights to 12/12 keep spraying untill you have male sacs showing and maturing.

I wouldnt stop spraying at the first sign it worked however. Keep spraying untill you are positive they will grow out and open.
Even ththe sometimes plants are stubern. It just takes time and patience.

And you should be writting your ideas down :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I do. I even think of crosses I want to make when I dont have either of the strains.

3 Likes

PREACH, BRO!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: @Rabeats2093, don’t forget to put a few shekels in the Collection Plate!!! No better Sermon. ALL…have a GREAT WEEKEND.

6 Likes

Thanks medman I’ll deff keep it in mind glad I can have all these input to refer to at a later date !!

Waiting on that holy surfer to soar right in !

3 Likes

One day I will bring in a whole sack and drop it in the offering plate with a smile on my face knowing I’m doing good for the community

2 Likes