Sprays and pollen making

So what mix do you prefer, Silver thisolate or Col. silver???

have you had success in using the sprays personally?? how did you use the spray? how many times sprayed ect?
best way of storing pollen???

1 Like

Hi, welcome to OG!

If you do a search for colloidal silver andsts you will see a ton of posts regarding the use and outcome.

I’ve used it successfully, but, the research you’ll gain from the reading, priceless.

3 Likes

i have use both col silver and silver thisolate, yeah i know the reading is price less ive read it, if you used either please share your experiences with me. i am trying to see what spray is better, now that my friend, priceless

3 Likes

i have used both, please share you experience

Amazon 40 ppm 14 bucks or so

1 Like

yeah both the mixes are real easy to mix too, you want those ppms over 30 too, price is good for pre mix,

Amazon sells 8oz bottle 500pm CS for $32 U.S enough to make 80oz or 4 500ml bottles…CS works but have to spray daily from first day of 12/12 for 10 to 21days till pollen sacks show…STS you only have to spray once a week for 3 weeks and it stores well.Can get the STP and SN to make STS for $35 and its enough to make 5 500ml bottles of spray.Stores well in a light blocked bottle in a cool dark cupboard or the fridge.

10 Likes

yeah i have made both but had more success with the silver thisolate
both are real easy and cheap to make, with the silver thisolate you spray 5 days before flower and every 5 days after. it works, i made seed but i am looking to collect more pollen
so ill try the col. silver next, im looking for lots of pollen minus the male

2 Likes

I just tried to reverse a female, with silver thiosulphate, the plant produced lots of male flowers but no pollen.

From my investigation as to why, I read the stronger that the plants female genetics are, the less pollen they will produce when reversed. So strains with less stable genetics will produce more pollen, but create seeds with less stable genetics. I think you need to find a balance between the amount of pollen and genetic stability otherwise you will have a lot of plants throwing out nana’s.

4 Likes

Can silver thiosulphate be stored once prepared/mixed? I have the stuff to make it but don’t want to mix it up for just one plant.

3 Likes

Yes you can store it in a light proof bottle in the fridge, I wrapped my spray bottle in silver foil tape to light proof it. Should last about 6 months.

3 Likes

Outstanding information here sir. Thank you !

3 Likes

yeah ive had the same, im looking for pollen and none to collect, but i have made seeds. do you think the col. silver works better>

2 Likes

so shelf life 6 months good to know

2 Likes

i mixed some up and i have found that the mix a and mix b do have a shelf life of 4 months, the first time i used it i got lots of seed, im at the 4th time i ve sprayed and got very little seed. fresher the better

2 Likes

I have not used it so I cant really say.

1 Like

@Sebring uses STS, he has a video on YouTube on how to make it. I haven’t used either, but a female that won’t reverse to produce pollen with one still may not with another. I’ve read a couple accounts on a plant that wouldn’t reverse at all. It may be a good way to test how unstable a strain or individual plant may be. But you’d have to make regular seeds :no_mouth:.
Does STS work on a reversing a male? Though you still wouldn’t be able to check potency since you can’t smoke the plant that was sprayed.

2 Likes

No it just blocks the female hormone, which males dont have :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Of course…

2 Likes

i have personally used the silver thisolate spray, it works, the first time really well, the 2nd time still good, third time i seen less seed, 4th time it worked but by far a very small amount of seed. now for the next run i will be possible using the col. silver as i have heard this works, my problem is the lack of pollen, it is there but such a small amount. i will on this next run however will be trying for a nice large plant that has been reversed and should let me collect pollen for dusting. i may stick with the silver thisolate as i know how to use it with success. my last run or the 4th time using the spry i was running 16 plants, found seeds in the ones i was hoping for, and one gave me more seed than any off the others with out trying, the plants i was trying for i shook the sprayed branch on the pollen donor, i also had a auto that i was trying to get seed from, using a female from dinafem.
i worked out the timing on this last run as in when to flower the other females i need to get seed from
so in my experimentations i have found this, plants sprayed with the silver thisolate, every five days will take up to 4 weeks until they show sacks forming from the first spraying.
i also would recommend instead of going after one branch you should spray multi branches on the same plant for high success rates.
so far all the seed i have made using this method are female and come from good stable genetics. i am talking from breeders who have been at the seed game and have very stable strains, so this may be the reason i am not seeing much pollen, as mention above, the more stable the strain the less pollen to be seen.
my interest is comparing notes with other growers who have used either spray themselves and not just read about it. when you search the internet on this as anyone who is interested in this, we find many articles on how to. to me there still seems like gaps are missing. it also seems like some who have pulled it off rather not share this deep secret so the true information is scarce but if you are confident in your abilities then there should not be a problem in helping others

2 Likes