Spring 2023 Co-op Box Update thread - closed

I’d say there’s lessons to be learned here for next time and this is only my inaugural box… more payment options than direct bank account info :thinking:

7 Likes

“If it wasn’t curve balls I would never learn anything”

6 Likes

:rofl::facepunch: Definitely!

2 Likes

But we aren’t buying seeds we are paying shipping, so that shouldn’t be an issue I wouldn’t think anyways

5 Likes

Those my thoughts too, technically a charitable donation.

4 Likes

It was a SNAFU this year. Sebring has had personal issues so did not maintain the site and it was put back together just recently. IIRC, I used a card the past two boxes.

5 Likes

Last year we were able to use PayPal, i hope that and/or being able to mail a US (or international) money order become an option.
Debit card is nice option also.
I’m just hesitant to give up check and routing info.

11 Likes

It might be a charitable donation and paying for shipping, but the banks do not know that. All they see is a transaction of money from your account to the business in questions account.

6 Likes

Here’s what it says for the transaction

6 Likes

Is there two different shipping costs again?

Looks like it worked for me
:man_shrugging:t4: :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

I really appreciate everyone who put this together, but I can’t participate with the current payment options. :frowning:

https://www.sofi.com/learn/content/what-can-someone-do-with-your-bank-account-and-routing-number/

11 Likes

Is it actually confirmed that’s the only method or are the other options (eg credit card like last ones) still being worked on? I am a patient boy.

5 Likes

No, it’s only 1 and 2 extra bucks donation per strain signed up for.

I signed up and paid without hassle, less than 5 min all in.

I respect those that don’t like this, but I write about 3-4 physical checks per year, so I’m freely sharing that info already. Real estate taxes, charitable donations, whatever, they all carry some risk.

Thanks to all involved in making this happen!

10 Likes

When it comes to ‘risk’ some people are afraid of their own shadow :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Or of having their financial security compromised. It happens all the time.

Happened to us. We had about $400 almost stolen but we caught it in time so all ended ok for us. But def. a hassle.
Being cavalier and ignoring the possible risks would be foolish.

9 Likes

No one here writes checks I guess.

2 Likes

Let’s consider the priority some put on their financial security, not lump them as somehow cowardly.

To be blunt… with all the issues of late here on OG… I’m just not comfortable disclosing that info.

Not saying Sebring would use the info to steal, but how do I know he’s the only one to have access?

I’m not interested in these beans enough to take the risk. Sorry…

12 Likes

Starting to look like the fall box is going to be a humdinger. :100:

8 Likes