Spring 2023 Co-op Box Update thread - closed

Yep…it was part of theAmerican Rescue Plan Act of 2021

Zelle has no reporting requirements because it’s bank to bank.

3 Likes

Exactly! That’s what I’ve been getting at as well, and would be helpful to be addressed. Even though Doug said separate entities, this too is a concern and would be foolish to be blasé to each of us that has already given the information to the server. There’s no need for it to be stored or saved, should be wiped clean for security.

6 Likes

I appreciate all the hard work that goes into this, but I won’t be participating under the current payment options. I just had my bank account info stolen 6 months ago and lost $400 plus had to change all my bank account info which was just more headaches. Suspect it was someone at the company I had just joined, but I trust no one with that info anymore.

8 Likes

Done and paid for. Thank you again to all the people who put this together to make this work.

2 Likes

So if I don’t have a actual bank account I can’t pay, so could I send silver bouillon ? :slight_smile: I got that lol

5 Likes

Thank you @tresbundles
Im commited the mistake than was open to everyone.
Thank you by your help

2 Likes

Their are cannabis specific card processing options. Ik for a fact, it takes less than 10 min to set up. you would have to pay like a dollar per transaction but they process your card as an atm fee then they send the echeck from within there system. Let me know if i can be of any assistance or if you would like me to share the company with sebring

7 Likes

And I’m sure everyone here would have no problem paying an extra dollar, I know I would pay the extra dollar :slight_smile:

3 Likes

there have been issues in the past with the firefox displaying images and taking a long time to load on his site. Edge will likely get you better results as he gets the kinks worked out.

1 Like

Is this something that needs to be set up on the diy green life side, or a service that the buyer can use?

2 Likes

this would get set up on the site itself.

This isnt a solution for this round but just food for thought for the following boxes

5 Likes

From the mind of a site reliability engineer who spends his days securing systems and investigating security incidents, payment gateways that you enter your info in send data directly over securely encrypted transmission lines directly to the payment processor. Payment systems are built into the payment gateway and they don’t store your info locally. Your banks routing number and account number are both printed on all paper checks, and sending a physical check through the mail is riskier than entering info in a secure online form… the check can be copied or misplaced easier than a properly secured payment system can be hacked into. Sending CC info to one company to have them send an e-check involves your info being sent through two separate processing gateways which can each be hacked…A paranoid mind would understand that having your info sent through two payment gateways would double your chances of having your info stolen because now you have two systems and a connection between them that handle your info. Just my 2 cents

17 Likes

I got no problem using echeck , I just don’t know where I could get one? As I don’t have a real bank account hell I don’t even have a valid ID:) lol

3 Likes

They do not look at it that way-- you are giving money- receiving seeds… they view that as a purchase and most credit card companies/banks don’t allow it because of the differences State to State…
If it was made FEDERALLY legal- instead of just ‘decriminalized’ then it would change.

4 Likes

I am pretty sure everyone appreciates everyone’s hard work. I have seen no negativity from anyone, all I have seen is people concerned about compromising their security and information. And in this day and age it is well warranted.

The only negative post so far is yours!

14 Likes

It is up and running! :+1: :wink:

1 Like

Being concerned for my livelihood, and literally tens of thousands of dollars, has nothing do to with a lack of appreciation bob.

9 Likes

I guess I just do not see how people trust PayPal, but not this-- which is exactly the same as far as how it works/personal info etc… and PayPal has had proven issues with lost $$ and stolen info-- its not fool proof. And giving ot you credit/debit card number is the exact same thing-- once someone has it, they can use it online…so…???

3 Likes

Paid in full. Thank you for putting these box’s together for all of us, you are cooler than Jesus!

3 Likes

Cmon now… because we don’t agree now we are negative and insecure, unappreciated and unsatisfied because your disappointed?

Not one damn post was critical of the volunteer work done by several on everyone’s behalf. Just simply about security.

Look, I applaud the effort of those and of Sebrings intention. Which is why I donated beans to his cause. I believe in it.

I also believe in having the right to form my own damn opinion without having to tolerate ridicule by those who disagree. I’ll never bow to that thinking…

Sorry if I’m ruffling feathers, but I earned my right to voice my opinion… and I’ll exercise it regardless of what anyone thinks.

13 Likes