Spring 2023 Co-op Box Update thread - closed

p.o. boxes could help, but you do have to go out and spend a little to rent one

1 Like

How much cash are we talking? A grand or two? Which would only be uncovered by numerous mailman tearing open packages with ten bucks in them? You could just use the return address on the envelope.

No law enforcement agency is going through the effort to unravel a conspiracy to share pot seeds.

2 Likes

It apparently isn’t true you have no recourse, the article someone posted aways up says if you report fraudulent ACH charges within 60 days you can contest them. OTOH you will have to open a new account and transfer everything over, because reversing the charges and stopping a fraudster with that info from doing it again are apparently different things.

2 Likes

My thought was more the single shitbag out of the thousands of us here that would do a violent home invasion for a couple grand.

Most of us are good people.
But you can’t rule out that some of the people here aren’t.

I certainly wouldn’t want to be the person holding the cash.

5 Likes

Let me clarify; I am not upset in not being able to participate in the Co-op Box. I have enough bodhi packs, freebies, giveaways and seeds from generous folks to last. There is also trading to get missed seeds. I just do not trust people to keep my financial data safe. With zero day exploits there is no defense, some are going to get the short end of the stick before the exploit is patched.

5 Likes

I was definitely glad to see that, but it’s still concerning, possibly having to make a whole new account, redoing my direct deposit at work…I can get my debit card replaced pretty quickly :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Fair enough point, but l am laughing thinking about the surprise they would get trying to steal from me.

They would probably leave thinking “how does this guy live like this?”

The thrift store wouldn’t even want my shit. I bought half of it from them anyway. I don’t even know what you would try and sell it for. You would be lucky if someone took it off your property.

5 Likes

It wouldn’t let me take a screenshot but I just went through the messaging center/ help part in PayPal app

3 Likes

I think you can send an echeck via paypal to another paypal account. Not sure if that will work…did you try it?

3 Likes

I resemble this statement. But anyone who has traded w me knows that i make greeting cards out of cut-up Cheerios boxes, to save $.

6 Likes

that’s what I was reading too, and it only happens if you don’t have a cc attached to the account.

does it give you an account and routing # to use for sending?

2 Likes

Not yet I’m at work but I will this afternoon like 3ish

3 Likes

I haven’t made it that far yet I started looking for it but had to stop and “get back to work!” Lol

2 Likes

I’m not seeing anyone being overly rude, hostile or making personal threats? Please point it out… I only see one post that’s been deleted.

3 Likes

Really want to just say thank you to all of people responsible for running these box’s and growers of the seeds. I have paid and it was nice and easy.
Peace and Love to all

10 Likes

For me, my card transactions are protected. I can flag a transaction as fraud, get my money back and get a new card. When they wired the money out of my bank they wouldn’t cover it.

4 Likes

Never said making threats… being rude, making personal comments and being condescending…uncalled for
You don’t agree…fine…
go back and read…

3 Likes

You said personal attacks…

That’s what I meant but incorrectly typed threats. But still. I’m not seeing any?

4 Likes

I done the E-check, I really hope my information is safe and my money doesn’t end up vanishing lol.

6 Likes

Not sure which shipping option to choose. A or B?

2 Likes