Spring 2023 Co-op Box Update thread - closed

No worries from me for another option to pay for boxes. I understand the why and I appreciate all the effort the team and @Sebring have done and continue to do for the community. It sucked when I could no longer help support the site by using a credit card to pay for auctions. I adapted to the situation and took out a monthly subscription to help support the site.

Debit card companies in Missouri dropped dispensaries. It seems to me that dropping and limiting the use of the banking system is a Big Bank/Corporate push to limit and strangle smaller competition.

11 Likes

I think it’s 100% that it’s federally illegal. If you’re chartered under the Federal government you’re bound to follow the law (Credit Unions are formed under state charter and aren’t subject to the same strict restrictions). The day it’s legal for them to do so the big banks and credit card companies will be tripping over themselves to get a piece of the action.

12 Likes

When it comes to the banking system and the Feds, it’s not about laws. Banking regulators can, and quite recently have, shut banks down simply because they felt that they weren’t operating in a “safe and sound” manner. There is absolutely no legal definition of safety and soundness, almost 15 years after Dodd-Frank, so regulators are free to shut down banks that service politically disfavored industries even if those industries are fully legal. As far as serving politically favored industries that are still technically illegal, well… depends on whose pockets are getting lined, basically. It’s not called racketeering when the Feds are doing it, though. :wink:

9 Likes

This is true. When I worked in dispensaries, we would get a debit card processor, then 4 months later they would drop us. We went through every processor in the region over the 5 years I worked there.
Even head shops sometimes lose their processing when it’s discovered the type of business they are

9 Likes

What’s their problem with tobacco pipes and tobacco water pipes and tobacco grinders? :rofl:

8 Likes

Spice and Salvia

3 Likes

Don’t forget Kratom!

2 Likes

if @G-paS and @Sebring are both ok with this route I’d be absolutely stoked to work this out with you Ris, big kuddos :+1::+1:

4 Likes

I tried to login on the site as well as register as a new member, it would not let me do either, I can wait as long as it takes. I have seeds to run for quite a while yet! plus I have been lucky and won some pollen, and a great member or two have given or offered me some seeds to make up for clones that I lost while in the hospital, so I can be set, for the foreseeable future. thanks to all, for all that they have done! I hope my seeds can be added to my fall package, if need be? many, many thanks and much respect!

regards,

6 Likes

@mike28086 you don’t have to register to checkout, as far as I know. I didn’t log in as I was having the same situation. Hope it works out for you.

5 Likes

Would you mind giving an example? Are you talking about the fallout from SVB’s failure?

ETA: Realizing well after the fact that I’m gumming up the thread by going off topic. Mea culpa.

Could you not just buy a pre pay credit card and from it do a E transfer?

1 Like

Every time I try, say " human verification failed" …but only criteria is username and email…

1 Like

Has everyone skipped over this?

Seems @BRMTreefarmer has paid using a green dot card. I have been waiting to see the cheque cleared. If it does then these can be purchased at CVS, Rite-Aid and Wal-Mart and loaded with only what is needed. Personally, I would just wait and see if that method works and the E-cheque clears. I can’t see why it wouldn’t since it was accepted and the money is there. Just something to think about. :thinking:

25 Likes

oh doi :man_facepalming: thanks doug, that definitely sounds good

3 Likes

I am hoping it works. I figure it should since it accepted the payment but it takes a few days for E-cheques to clear. If it does it would be perfect for this as you would not have to put out any of your information but we have to be patient and see. Fingers crossed as it sounds like a perfect solution to some folks concerns.

9 Likes

Still patiently waiting to see if it clears Doug.

7 Likes

When I tried to create a new account, this is what I got:

Anyone else get this?

2 Likes

@brmtreefarmer which green dot card the credit card? Or the load money card ? Thanks

4 Likes

Thanks @BRMTreefarmer , please keep us posted. The fact that it accepted the info from the card makes me feel like the option will work but we won’t know for sure until you tell us. Cheques do tend to take a few days to clear. I appreciate you giving it a try for everyone.

6 Likes