Spring 2023 Co-op Box Update thread - closed

Its a Green Dot card but it is also associated with their Green Dot bank as well. There is a area in the mobile app that shows an account number and routing number just like a regular checking account. Those are the numbers I used.:crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Sorry, the load money card…

7 Likes

I would wait to see if the payment @BRMTreefarmer made clears before exploring the option @drgreensleeves , it just makes sense. A bit of patience and we will all know :v:

9 Likes

I’m all paid up, thank you everyone for the Spring Box 2023! Lets Grow!

7 Likes

I just pulled up my online banking and the transaction for $14.00 was completed today. Seems routine to me. Thought I would report that here.

10 Likes

The eCheck still has not hit my account, just letting you all know it may take a while.

3 Likes

200 messages, TLDR

But did say “oh no not this shit again” out loud

Hope the seed junkies don’t cut in front of beginners, that the mail works, that the volunteers are treated kindly, the beans germinate, & the harvest is good.

The name is NOT “under-grow”

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

It should be accepted. I looked into it and in order to apply for a Green Dot card, you need to provide full KYC/AML info as if you’re opening a bank account. I suspect that’s because you are, in fact, authorizing Walmart to open a bank account for you.

4 Likes

But he used the load money card which in my mind is just a check and the debit card / visa is the bank account, at least I think that’s how it’s works :slight_smile: I think PS see the load money card is only used to add money to the debit card, we used them in the joint for black market sales :slight_smile:

4 Likes

E-check cleared last night - PIF - got an image of it - easy peasy.

Bank account is as empty as it always was….no fuckery involved there other than my own… :rofl:

13 Likes

My echeck cleared as well yesterday. Smoooth sailing.

7 Likes

Mine also. Thanks again everyone for all of your hard work and energies to pull this thing off!

7 Likes

The eCheck just hit my account, so all appears fine now.

7 Likes

total respect and thanks to the donors,growers,distributors, and all the OG members that make this happen for us.epically those that are behind the scene. you know who you are. this is a big job to handle and make happen. thanks again for all your valuable time and efforts. respectfully mainerJ!

11 Likes

My bank sent me an email saying the echeck was returned as unpaid and that with my type of account that would always happen if it was processed as a check and wasn’t an ACH transfer.

Not too sure why, but they are telling me to ask for a different payment method from the site, so I guess I’ll have to wait and see if folks will trade me a couple things I was signed up for and wanting in a bit after the boxes are received.

A bit of a bummer but I win enough giveaways, make enough trades, buy enough seeds, etc so I’m not that worried as my collection will just have to grow in other ways.

Here’s a couple screenshots of the email with account info and check number blacked out.

Definitely not ideal, but it’s all good much thanks to all involved growers, distributors, people who donated seeds to be preserved etc.

Peace!

:pray::peace_symbol::seedling:

5 Likes

Sux man. I’m sorry to hear that. Would the green dot solution mentioned earlier work? Is that available for ya?

4 Likes

Hey brother, I’m not sure if those are available to me locally, that’s what I’m trying to figure out now just to see if I can get that option done and quickly too I hope.

Thanks !

3 Likes

We are still waiting on a follow up about those green dots

6 Likes

yes it certainly isn’t an anonymous solution like a prepaid visa gift card with $20 on it. It is essentially a bank account and requires all the personal information that a bank account does. Their business model is basically banking as a paid service.

unlike a gift card credit card which could be bought with cash and used for a completely anonymous payment, your name will presumably be associated with any transactions because the card must be “personalized” to activate it.

It seems like a cell phone app may also be mandatory.

Seems like it could be pretty complicated and messy to set something like this up just to make a single donation.

6 Likes

CASH in an envelope is super easy. Can we please make the an option?

17 Likes