SSL certificate re-issued

I’m more surprised to find that the site I was using to check if it was down, said it was down for all users, and clearly some users with cleared caches, etc, managed to get on. Kinda makes that site useless now… Oh well…

3 Likes

Also curious. I was on day 347!??

6 Likes

It brings a tear :crying_cat_face:, and I feel the same

4 Likes

Condolences on missing the Cert renewal @LemonadeJoe!

I did the same thing when I was managing an active financial newsletter website and caught holy hell from my client. :hot_face:

Thanks for all you do to keep OG alive and healthy!

-Grouchy

6 Likes

Me too dude! Almost 200 days :neutral_face: congratulations on the little one! @LemonadeJoe :+1:

6 Likes

I’m sure we can find a way to grant Devotee badge properly. At least I can award the badge manually. Please post here or PM me!

15 Likes

The only thing additive about cannabis is growing….the only withdrawal you get is not being able to get on overgrow

4 Likes

Ohhhh happy day! @LemonadeJoe I was worried someone took your yellow hat with the SSL certification inside… :sunglasses: enjoy your new flat.

5 Likes

Huzzah! Thanks for getting that squared away Joe, I was definitely sweatin it until I tried a different browser that let me ignore the expired cert. :+1:
I imagine a lot of people had flashbacks to when the site disappeared back in the day :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Oh thank you, I was worries
Something was wrong on my end

3 Likes

I’ll be collecting some email addys right away. I had @Calyxander’s phone # but never put it into the phone.

It was down on both Safari and Chrome for me. I noticed that a few people were still posting from my emails and luckily, as I was reading the emails, I noticed someone had posted a discord link and finally was able to log onto it and read that the certificate was the issue. That was only last night, so I was glad to see the site back up this morning.

I’ll reach out to collect a few emails and/or phone #'s in the coming days. Thanks @LemonadeJoe!!

3 Likes

:artificial_satellite:

We need to launch a space satellite & renew the paperwork for a century in advance :joy:

When OG isn’t up it’s as if the sun disappeared :sob:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Just cleared my devotee badge a few days ago! Good timing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I used to set a Calendar invite for a week ahead of cert expiry to make sure my certs never expired, @LemonadeJoe, but now I use StatusCake… they have a free service tier that would send you alerts when the site has issues or if the cert is getting close to expiration if you are interested in monitoring for these events. :v:

I was able to get on by using the incognito mode on my phones browser, and saw something about the SSL, but it allowed me to get on. I didn’t really know what to think at first but I’m definitely glad it’s all sorted. Thank you @LemonadeJoe and the mods/members. Hell, everybody here. for such a beautiful site and place to go to for like minded folks to spread and share what they all love. Thank you

1 Like

Missing a cert renewal is common as heck, don’t let it get you down.

1 Like

no biggie Joe, a break was good for the soul :metal: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

Same bro! i risked it and logged in for a day but now im back on my preferred browser with VPN :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for getting the train back on ita tracks @LemonadeJoe . Good luck with your move.

2 Likes

@BeeLady Here’s what happened yesterday

1 Like